cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Just wish you had taken these steps earlier, that's all. Will the in-game 'guide' still work?
There was no time to do it before. The devs are two guys and just recently new members joined the team to help out with the development, because the game got bigger and story more complex to handle it.

The hint system still will be available - no worry about that!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is the content creator -> Motley and all the crew of the series ... all in one prankster;)!
Then there is Askani -> the cyborg do it all engine tinkerer pulling all the strings on them dames;)!

Reactions: Fantabaldu

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm, so several in-game days into the story, past version 5, and you're making people start the game over again. Can't tell you how disappointing that is. It's a good thing I really like this game. Will there be an attendant walkthrough? Will the "what am I supposed to do next" system still work?
Yes the hint system will still work, and on top of that a new and better task system that shows all the things you did that day on the phone, as well as what the next, the map will also unlock locations as you progress through the game, and if a location can trigger a scene it will also show on the map marker. This task system was also mainly made to show you when there are multiple things to do at once to move on. The hint system was extremly linear. For those scenes that you for some reason really don't want to repeat there is still the really powerful skip feature that can run through the whole scene in just a couple of seconds however we don't really recommend it, as many of the scenes have been rewritten and you might really miss something important.

We had to do it this way, over the course of the development we have learned and improved a lot both in the game and in ourselves as developers and we want to deliver the best experience to our players that we can offer. We have had savegame compatibility the entire time since the last engine switch but we were pushing forward update by update. This has given us a chance now to really step back and look at what we have created so far.

I would totally understand your frustration though as with some games i played here too, that every update you have to start from scratch again only to repeat or grind through the same shit again, but in this case, there is no grinding and so much is added and changed.

/A

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Major, MAJOR complaint here: There's various sound effects (like the cash pickup "cha-ching" or the record scratch when meeting up with Bacon) that aren't affected by the SFX volume at all. I actually had to go out of the game and mute it in my sound mixer just to get those sounds to stop popping up, esp. with as loud as they were.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Major, MAJOR complaint here: There's various sound effects (like the cash pickup "cha-ching" or the record scratch when meeting up with Bacon) that aren't affected by the SFX volume at all. I actually had to go out of the game and mute it in my sound mixer just to get those sounds to stop popping up, esp. with as loud as they were.
Strange because all of the sound effects go through the exact same pipeline to their own audio source, and music goes through a separate pipeline with their own audio source, all the volumes are set per audio source, so one SFX does not bypass the volume meter, either it applies to all SFX or none.

Are you saying that if you lower SFX to the lowest volume you still get it?

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Strange because all of the sound effects go through the exact same pipeline to their own audio source, and music goes through a separate pipeline with their own audio source, all the volumes are set per audio source, so one SFX does not bypass the volume meter, either it applies to all SFX or none.

Are you saying that if you lower SFX to the lowest volume you still get it?
Yup, it doesn't matter what sound setting I have it at, those SFX get played regardless, at a set volume (I'd guess at about 5 blocks worth? Music did get muted just fine though). I dunno if it's EVERY sound effect, or only those first few in the opening (I stopped playing due to frustration with map nodes being lit up but not being able to travel to them, general lack of direction to the next PoI even in text, and the false illusion of choice in the first couple of interactions with Scut and the girl, Gaz? Daz?- which also left the feeling of being very forcefully contrived and NTR-ish, which ain't my cup of tea).

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yup, it doesn't matter what sound setting I have it at, those SFX get played regardless, at a set volume (I'd guess at about 5 blocks worth? Music did get muted just fine though). I dunno if it's EVERY sound effect, or only those first few in the opening (I stopped playing due to frustration with map nodes being lit up but not being able to travel to them, general lack of direction to the next PoI even in text, and the false illusion of choice in the first couple of interactions with Scut and the girl, Gaz? Daz?- which also left the feeling of being very forcefully contrived and NTR-ish, which ain't my cup of tea).
Can you send me your game.settings file here or in DM from pressing Windows + R , then pasting in "%localappdata%\VNGINE\Timestamps"

Keep it in the way you have it when you experience the problem with the SFX.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Can you send me your game.settings file here or in DM from pressing Windows + R , then pasting in "%localappdata%\VNGINE\Timestamps"

Keep it in the way you have it when you experience the problem with the SFX.
Unfortunately I can't; I already deleted it (due to the aforementioned issues I had), sorry. If it helps any, I'm running Windows 7, and I downloaded the version linked in the OP here earlier today. I didn't mess with anything in the options except the sound levels. When I left the options the first time and went back in, the SFX diamond/blue boxes moved to the 5 box mark, which I found odd, but afterwards the slider stayed at minimum afterwards. I'm guessing that it had something to do with that bugging out?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Unfortunately I can't; I already deleted it (due to the aforementioned issues I had), sorry. If it helps any, I'm running Windows 7, and I downloaded the version linked in the OP here earlier today. I didn't mess with anything in the options except the sound levels. When I left the options the first time and went back in, the SFX diamond/blue boxes moved to the 5 box mark, which I found odd, but afterwards the slider stayed at minimum afterwards. I'm guessing that it had something to do with that bugging out?
There has never been any bug reports about this and actually i have never had an issue with this either, however the game doesn't save your config file in the game until you save playing in the game, i did this out of design before so it wouldnt constantly have to open and edit the config file. I might do some improvements to this.

Did you actually delete the localappdata folder? Thats unusual after removing the game, it's not your game folder. People dont generally go and clean that out themselves.

Again, if there is a problem with the SFX and it ONLY sounded more on some specific sounds, that should be technically impossible. Also those markers on the bars in the settings menu are purely for the design, every spot on the slider is a decimal value between 0 and 1

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I can direct you straight to a game .. where half is spanglish / half is translation to spanglich from english (text appears side by side)

makunbax

Jun 29, 2019
Which makes me wonder how many games are done in Spanglish? Translations done in English verb form. Does it drive them as nuts as bad English translated games for us? (Engrish) Chinga!
Hey, who said my translation is bad or spanglich :mad:? I know you say it in general but if you quote my message is as if you point me out :LOL:, I try to make a translation that is not literal, I take the liberty of changing phrases but keeping the meaning I wanted to give the author, it's just that sometimes the help you find are people who know little English and only know how to use google translator but having a "decent" translation is better than nothing, with time we can improve, these translations for people who know nothing of English are like falls from the sky, plus the Hispanic / Spanish community almost no one wants to help so ends up doing the translation a guy random from the Internet like me.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are not random ... you are here, you contribute, you give back to this community ...
The fact is ... few take on such endeavor and even fewer put up with the whims of some others...
Most problems arise from the convoluted prospects some dev create for themselves in their games.
Sometimes less is more and, in any visual endeavor, seeing is believing, players get lost in all the text and feel literally trolled by line after line of text trying to drive them points home when...
THE GAME HAS TO DRIVE THE POINTS OF THE STORY HOME, THE VISUAL EXPERIENCE ... !

Reactions: makunbax

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
There has never been any bug reports about this and actually i have never had an issue with this either, however the game doesn't save your config file in the game until you save playing in the game, i did this out of design before so it wouldnt constantly have to open and edit the config file. I might do some improvements to this.

Did you actually delete the localappdata folder? Thats unusual after removing the game, it's not your game folder. People dont generally go and clean that out themselves.

Again, if there is a problem with the SFX and it ONLY sounded more on some specific sounds, that should be technically impossible. Also those markers on the bars in the settings menu are purely for the design, every spot on the slider is a decimal value between 0 and 1
OH! That's what I get from replying when I'm distracted by this blasted sunburn; I make simple mistakes like misreading where the file was located that you wanted. Sending via DM.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
OH! That's what I get from replying when I'm distracted by this blasted sunburn; I make simple mistakes like misreading where the file was located that you wanted. Sending via DM.
No worries, thanks for this report, actually you did find a new bug that noone has reported yet. It has been resolved now for the next update.

Actually for some reason the slider for the SFX volume was no longer hooked up to anything anymore so it didn't actually change any values.Not sure when this could have happened, in which version. Total mystery as I have never seen this happen before.

To change it manually until the next version of the game where this is fixed you can edit the decimal in the game.settings file in %LocalAppData%\VNGINE\Timestamps\

If you edit sfx volume there min is 0 and max is 1, so 0.5 is in the middle. I'd say you can probably put it on 0.05 or 0.1 somewhere and test it out, then start the game.

/A

Last edited:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
-Fake- BREAKING NEWS -Fake-

It has been reported (by the voices in my head) that the model playing the Dad Character Died in a TRAGIC rendering accident. Investigators report that while photographing a group of cute Kittens he was attacked. After the attack 'CATNIP' was found in his pockets. :unsure:

When interviewed Aesouh said 'We have NO idea how this could have happened, and there is NO truth in the Rumors that he was going to expose the Devs role in the Chocolate that's missing from Nika's Trailer'. :devilish:

A Tearful Motkeyz declared (while wiping chocolate from his chin), 'We regret that this unforeseen tragedy happened in our game, and VOW to continue our work'. :whistle:

In a completely unrelated statement the title for TimeStamps chapter 2 has been released. It will be 'The catnip Caper'. :D

There has also been NO explanation for the MOOSE that was seen leaving the area shortly before the Kitten Attack.

End of -FAKE- News.

Just a Thought

4.10 star(s) 235 Votes