El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017

HI guys, we are in final test before the next release but we encounter a major bug in the old engine... the choice actions just STOP working !??!
So basicly, what it do is that every scene the player have to choose to continue on different path... just not working anymore since last version of the current engine.

I can assure you that this will not happens in the next engine, since its a custom one and we will not depend anymore on anyone to correct these type of bug, it will be inhouse!

Well, im trying to contact the dev of the engine... if we are very lucky they will push a patched version for us tonight.

Glad this is the last time with this engine ! Many previous probs made him to change the engine, smart move, then dunno when it will be out but can't wait april to see the new re-vamp with a proper engine.

Reactions: Motkeyz and UncleVT

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I sat in VNM as well as a tool to aid with the content migration but That engine is so unreliable today. While it has some great features on paper if you are not a developer and want to make a VN it is still nowhere near stable with their updates and it has defects as it’s so new. Indeed as motkeyz says we will not have any of these issues on the new engine and I know that the launch date on The new engine can’t come soon enough. I just want to make sure that it will work right for you all.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
I sat in VNM as well as a tool to aid with the content migration but That engine is so unreliable today. While it has some great features on paper if you are not a developer and want to make a VN it is still nowhere near stable with their updates and it has defects as it’s so new. Indeed as motkeyz says we will not have any of these issues on the new engine and I know that the launch date on The new engine can’t come soon enough. I just want to make sure that it will work right for you all.
Nice, i"ve just FINALLY read your signature "...over to VNGINE, Release 25th Apr."
Excellent. :)

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Interesting possibilities. Switching game engines is a good idea, 'cause this one is a typical Java resource-hog. Dialogue is, unfortunately, rather poorly translated, often becoming very stilted, occasionally becoming somewhat nonsensical, and several times using the opposite gender-specific pronouns. Also, what's up with the sons in MOST of these games? I was taller than my mother by age 13. MOST guys I know passed their mothers in height by sophomore year in high school. Are computer game sons all pygmies? Are they just said to be 18 when they are really meant to be 12???

Also, in a personal preference, I hope the MC can eventually go back in time and stop his sister from getting all skanky, (tats, nose ring). Or, barring that, that he can somehow kick the crap out of his parents for allowing their teenage daughter to do that to herself. Seeing the mom's smoking referred to as "sexy" I immediately thought the developer must be French or Russian. I never thought seeing a woman smoke was hot and I was a smoker myself for 33 years. The mom smoking while making breakfast is really nasty!

The art quality, overall, is excellent and enough to get me back for a second look on down the line but a third look will require much improvement in the translation.

Reactions: skrusher

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
No, that's the update after this one coming, he's going to use a different engine with less problems, it's called VNGINE ;)
Oh, thanks, great that the engine is getting changed hopefully saves can be edited like the money because the current one is kinda annoying, also hope the renders are as good as ever cause I don't want them to be reduced.

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Interesting possibilities. Switching game engines is a good idea, 'cause this one is a typical Java resource-hog. Dialogue is, unfortunately, rather poorly translated, often becoming very stilted, occasionally becoming somewhat nonsensical, and several times using the opposite gender-specific pronouns. Also, what's up with the sons in MOST of these games? I was taller than my mother by age 13. MOST guys I know passed their mothers in height by sophomore year in high school. Are computer game sons all pygmies? Are they just said to be 18 when they are really meant to be 12???

Also, in a personal preference, I hope the MC can eventually go back in time and stop his sister from getting all skanky, (tats, nose ring). Or, barring that, that he can somehow kick the crap out of his parents for allowing their teenage daughter to do that to herself. Seeing the mom's smoking referred to as "sexy" I immediately thought the developer must be French or Russian. I never thought seeing a woman smoke was hot and I was a smoker myself for 33 years. The mom smoking while making breakfast is really nasty!

The art quality, overall, is excellent and enough to get me back for a second look on down the line but a third look will require much improvement in the translation.
HI, the translation will be corrected with the migration. We are also planning to have multiple language at some point.
As for the height of the MC, he is same tall as John, its only that Juliana always wearing high heels ;) If you compare side by side Mc is equal height and he is in fact trully an adult on my game, no doubt!

Keep in mind its only a game, for fun and fantasy. We cannot please everyone, we are trying to add to every taste but that's an impossible task. Hope you will find what you are looking for in our game ;)

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
the only game worth waiting for... lots of kinks, good graphics , and most of all a dev who stand by his word for updates
While its nice to hear that someone is fond of this game, as lots of us are around here, i still wouldn't say this is the only game worth waiting for :winkytongue: There are great ones in progress out there. Its unfair to call them "not worth waiting for" even indirectly. I just can't let my precious ones be discarded like this:rolleyes:

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Agreed, but so far he is driving a Ferrari with a Peugeot engine....thank god, he's getting a new car next month :)
I wish I had changed cars before, I wouldn't be in this situation again today, waiting for the engine to be repaired to get my game out! I really like the potential of this engine, visual creation side it is almost perfect but there is so much bug that slow down the process it is ridiculous! Aesouh, you are the savior with VNgine!

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
It's been a few months since the last comment on this game, so what's happening any upcomming updates or is it on hold...?
Is it worth downloading this far ?

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
It's been a few months since the last comment on this game, so what's happening any upcomming updates or is it on hold...?
Is it worth downloading this far ?
We had a release in January, another one in February and one is planned soon. As soon as the dev said the engine is repaired.
Concerning the dowloading, well yes, it might be a good preview of what the game gonna be, knowing that there's gonna be re-vamp in April with a brand new engine. You may find some infos in previous posts.
@Motkeyz sorry you got to experience some troubles again, don't worry we gonna wait while sharping our knives and pitchforks..hehe.

Reactions: UncleVT and Motkeyz
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes