cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hello, I've look for a solution but I can't start the game. It says : You are trying to access restricred content. Please provide your assigned passwordto continue. (and there is the place for the password). Someone can help me? thanks
Not sure what this is... see this the first time. Did you try to extract the storage.vngine folder? Because you don't need to extract anything from the Streaming Assets folder.

Where did you download the game from?

maxihell

Aug 19, 2017
I'm your grandmother, my child! :p:LOL:

Do you have all Windows 7 including optional updates installed?

Have you notice a pattern when the game crash? Does the game crash at a explicit scene like before an animation starts?
its random crash & its happen after around 10 min of the game play and yes i have installed all the updates

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
its random crash & its happen after around 10 min of the game play and yes i have installed all the updates
You mentioned 32-bit Windows 7, but having 8GB RAM... Your machine cannot utilise more than around 3.47GB of RAM because you're using a 32-bit OS. Ten minutes later, however much RAM (out of around 3.47GB) isn't being used by your system has been gobbled up by the game and it crashes.

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
Not sure what this is... see this the first time. Did you try to extract the storage.vngine folder? Because you don't need to extract anything from the Streaming Assets folder.

Where did you download the game from?
cold_arctus , trenini2
It doesn't matter where he downloaded the game or which one.
There was already a case with a password requirement, I even saw a screenshot in person. This bug came from a very early version of Timestamps, when the game required a password. It is treated by cleaning the local folder.

maxihell

Aug 19, 2017
i download the game from this forum. i also try to play the game with just 4gb ram but still the same. i never had any issue with other game i downloaded from this forum but only this game.....now i not sure what the real problem is. i try to take a snapshot next time

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
i download the game from this forum. i also try to play the game with just 4gb ram but still the same. i never had any issue with other game i downloaded from this forum but only this game.....now i not sure what the real problem is. i try to take a snapshot next time
my data: dual-Core processor, 4Gb RAM, Win 8.1 x64 - plays both the x86 version and the x64 version.

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
You mentioned 32-bit Windows 7, but having 8GB RAM... Your machine cannot utilise more than around 3.47GB of RAM because you're using a 32-bit OS. Ten minutes later, however much RAM (out of around 3.47GB) isn't being used by your system has been gobbled up by the game and it crashes.
If that is the case - which means the engine is really crappy - why even bother building a 32 bit version of the game? And besides, what in a game like this could justify a minimum of several gigs of RAM in order for it not to crash? As far as I can see, it's mostly showing some static images with a text overlay, and then an occasional video clip.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
If that is the case - which means the engine is really crappy - why even bother building a 32 bit version of the game? And besides, what in a game like this could justify a minimum of several gigs of RAM in order for it not to crash? As far as I can see, it's mostly showing some static images with a text overlay, and then an occasional video clip.
It isn't engine related, because no one else reported crashes on their 32bit systems. More likely that it is an issue on players end.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
If that is the case - which means the engine is really crappy -
It's derived from Unity, and IIRC it's specifically tailored for creating Visual Novels.

And besides, what in a game like this could justify a minimum of several gigs of RAM in order for it not to crash? As far as I can see, it's mostly showing some static images with a text overlay, and then an occasional video clip.
It's not about needing several gigs for it not to crash. It's about having an OS capable of fully utilising the available RAM. Huge difference.
This game can be run perfectly fine on a 64-bit OS with only 4GB RAM.

Reactions: Motkeyz

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
It isn't engine related, because no one else reported crashes on their 32bit systems. More likely that it is an issue on players end.
My point exactly. Advising someone to re-install their OS based on something like this is just bad. Worst case someone wipes their machine only to realize that their dual core CPU is a 32 bit chip.

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
It's derived from Unity, and IIRC it's specifically tailored for creating Visual Novels.

It's not about needing several gigs for it not to crash. It's about having an OS capable of fully utilising the available RAM. Huge difference.
This game can be run perfectly fine on a 64-bit OS with only 4GB RAM.
Window 7 32 bit is perfectly capable of utilizing available RAM, given it's limitations. Software does not crash like that unless they are poorly written. Sure, you could get a performance hit due to excessive use of the page file, but it shouldn't crash.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
My point exactly. Advising someone to re-install their OS based on something like this is just bad. Worst case someone wipes their machine only to realize that their dual core CPU is a 32 bit chip.
His machine's using an i3 processor. That's not a 32-bit chip, not even the first generation of them.
He's also running 8GB RAM, with 32-bit Windows 7... Maybe next time try reading all the relevant information.

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
His machine's using an i3 processor. That's not a 32-bit chip, not even the first generation of them.
He's also running 8GB RAM, with 32-bit Windows 7... Maybe next time try reading all the relevant information.
First of all, how much RAM he has in the machine doesn't matter, the OS won't address more than what the 32 bit address space allows. Secondly, ever considered someone else might read our advice?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
First of all, how much RAM he has in the machine doesn't matter, the OS won't address more than what the 32 bit address space allows.
He has 8GB RAM with a 32-bit OS = Pointless as it's only capable of utilising, at best around 3.5GB.
You erroneously speculated on the possibility that his machine's CPU is 32-bit, not bothering to actually see what it was he was using.

Secondly, ever considered someone else might read our advice?
Yes, (though the majority of users never seem to actually use the Search function let alone bother to read even a couple of the most recent pages of a thread) and I'm sure that they'll notice you didn't bother to check provided information before saying something silly, even to the point of implying that the problem is the engine, the second time after being told that this can't be related to the engine because there's been no other instance reported.

They'd also notice that you're not offering any actual help or alternatives... Maybe think on that next time you want to try and shame someone else for actually providing viable options.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
need help where are the saves and how i find them im tryna not start over since the game does auto saves so im using saves from thread

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes