D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
He has 8GB RAM with a 32-bit OS = Pointless as it's only capable of utilising, at best around 3.5GB.
You erroneously speculated on the possibility that his machine's CPU is 32-bit, not bothering to actually see what it was he was using.
No, I never said that he had a 32 bit CPU. And pointless or not, that is not your concern. What you should focus on is not giving incorrect advice. The fact that the program crashes has nothing to do with a 32 bit OS, low memory or whatnot. The problem lies elsewhere and if you want to help, your focus should be on figuring out what that might be, not telling people that reinstalling Windows is the way to go.
... even to the point of implying that the problem is the engine, the second time after being told that this can't be related to the engine because there's been no other instance reported.
Yes, but no. What I said was that if your statement was true, then the engine would be crap. And since you're wrong, and that had been my opinion since the very beginning, I hardly considered problems with the engine.

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
If someone is still using a 32 bit cpu he should throw the machine in a dumpster. All cpus made after 2004 by Intel and AMD are 64 bit. That said, having 8 GB ram on 32 bit Windows is a waste.
Unity is absolutely horrible for wannabe programmers. If all you're doing is showing images and videos then your best option is Renpy. If you don't know what you're doing Unity will drain all your memory, put your CPU on 100% and then crash. I've seen some amazing games made on Unity and a ton of bad ones, worst cases are even unplayable on a weaker laptop.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
need help where are the saves and how i find them im tryna not start over since the game does auto saves so im using saves from thread
First of all save location is posted on OP, second the game has no auto-save function.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
What you should focus on is not giving incorrect advice.
I haven't actually given incorrect advice, unless it's incorrect to say that he should have a 64-bit OS to utilise the remaining 4.5GB of his 8GB RAM. That absolutely will provide more than enough of a performance boost that should eliminate his issue of the game crashing after 10 minutes of game play.
Not to mention it will provide improved performance for things outside of the game too, so the benefit goes beyond just this game.

Oh, and maybe you should actually try giving advice. After all, you did say

Secondly, ever considered someone else might read our advice?
You're still failing to give any advice, instead focusing solely on me... I'm flattered you're apparently obsessed with me, but it's boring now.

We've both said our piece repeatedly, and taken up more than enough of the thread. Let's drop it now.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
cold_arctus , trenini2
It doesn't matter where he downloaded the game or which one.
There was already a case with a password requirement, I even saw a screenshot in person. This bug came from a very early version of Timestamps, when the game required a password. It is treated by cleaning the local folder.
Thank you !! It worked
Not sure what the the problem actually was... but I think it is due to the extraction application which tries to extract every folder in the game_data folder. So, maybe changing the extraction tool or disabling the option to extract recursive.

My best guess.. not entirely sure about it.

Reactions: Aesouh

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
I haven't actually given incorrect advice, unless it's incorrect to say that he should have a 64-bit OS to utilise the remaining 4.5GB of his 8GB RAM. That absolutely will provide more than enough of a performance boost that should eliminate his issue of the game crashing after 10 minutes of game play.
Not to mention it will provide improved performance for things outside of the game too, so the benefit goes beyond just this game.
So you still maintain that the reason it crashes is due to memory issues, and the proper solution is to re-install the OS?

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
Not sure what the the problem actually was... but I think it is due to the extraction application which tries to extract every folder in the game_data folder. So, maybe changing the extraction tool or disabling the option to extract recursive.

My best guess.. not entirely sure about it.
No .. the problem is that the player had data in the local folder when he started the game at an early stage of development (~ 2 years ago)
Then the game required a password at the entrance.
Show the developers a picture - they might find out)

1581093999_timestamps-unconditional-love-2020-02-07-19-31-02-80-min.png

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
No .. the problem is that the player had data in the local folder when he started the game at an early stage of development (~ 2 years ago)
Then the game required a password at the entrance.
Show the developers a picture - they might find out)

View attachment 549896
lol that's the parent control feature. Yes, if he set up the feature it requires a password. However, it easy to bypass it by deleting the config file.

Reactions: Motkeyz and Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
If that is the case - which means the engine is really crappy - why even bother building a 32 bit version of the game? And besides, what in a game like this could justify a minimum of several gigs of RAM in order for it not to crash? As far as I can see, it's mostly showing some static images with a text overlay, and then an occasional video clip.
The game has had 32-bit as the only option for 2 years because we never needed to use 64-bit at all. There is nothing wrong with the game on 32-bit. It uses like 270mb-320mb of ram on average but if you skip fast it will use more ram temporarily. (holding shift). I compiled it at 64bit one time and since then also kept doing 64-bit versions

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes