Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I need a little help here. I have a very old Laptop on which I play my games. Due to this my graphic drivers are now considered legacy and therefore most of the unity games crash to desktop with an error window. I have noticed that those same games can run on my system if they are in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. Problem is this game does not have a launcher for me to configure it. Is there a way to force start unity games in windowed mode?
If you dont get the chance to alt+enter as cold suggests there is one other way, and thats to edit in the registry:

hit windows key + R, type in regedit,

find the folder Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VNGINE\Timestamps: Unconditional Love

find key Screenmanager Fullscreen mode_[some numbers]

change value to 3 instead of 1.

I just tested it and can confirm that it works.
:)

Reactions: dhklewdgamer

dhklewdgamer

Dec 8, 2017
You should be able to switch to windows-mode by pressing Alt+Enter (???). Resolution, screen size etc. can be changed from the settings menu too. But I guess launching the game in fullscreen is the tricky part.
Thanks for the reply but the game doesn't even launch for me.

dhklewdgamer

Dec 8, 2017
If you dont get the chance to alt+enter as cold suggests there is one other way, and thats to edit in the registry:

hit windows key + R, type in regedit,

find the folder Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VNGINE\Timestamps: Unconditional Love

find key Screenmanager Fullscreen mode_[some numbers]

change value to 3 instead of 1.

I just tested it and can confirm that it works.
:)
Gonna try this and get back to you. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT : Sadly this did not work either.

I get this error Error.jpg

Last edited:

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Gonna try this and get back to you. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT : Sadly this did not work either.

I get this error View attachment 1087237
Have you by any chance modified or deleted your english.zip file? I recall this happening if you delete everything in the language folder. Though its hard to say what causes it to crash, it could be graphics drivers. You could check windows+r %localappdata% go back one step to locallow, go into vngine and check the player.log there and you can send it to me in direct message, it should contain information on why its crashing.

/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Like when i extract the english folder and try to compress it again the game doesnt work.
You need to compress it one level deeper, so basically mark all the files inside the extracted folder and pack it.

Basically when you look into the zip it has to has to match the original, not one folder more deep

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
II'm sorry how would you do that
Just Unzip english.zip, make your changes, go into the english folder, mark all the files in there, rightclick, compress to zip, done! But you might wanna change the flag and some stuff too for your language ofc, and then rename the zip

Feb 13, 2019
Just Unzip english.zip, make your changes, go into the english folder, mark all the files in there, rightclick, compress to zip, done! But you might wanna change the flag and some stuff too for your language ofc, and then rename the zip
when i try to compress it it only compresses one of the files. by mark do you mean select the files by using the select box right?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
how would i change a character's name from the text box. i tried to change bacon's but it gives me error instead
you need to change the thing after the equal sign, so if its bacon=bacon you change bacon=the new name that you want

you find it inside the mappingstable folder, the file is called mapping.txt

Dont touch the C_Bacon or the text files , you can translate text that comes after the |, please take a look around and see the files inside the zip i think you will understand

Bobzar54

Jun 20, 2017
Hi i've played this game before and it's been fine. However now it is showing only white and black screens and getting stuck on the blahblahblah bit. After reading through the thread it seems to be a common problem with Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 needed. I am using windows 10 and this 2015 version is already on my computer and can't find any other solutions on the thread. Any suggestions?

This is the error in the player.log i'm receiving.
1616428776684.png

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi i've played this game before and it's been fine. However now it is showing only white and black screens and getting stuck on the blahblahblah bit. After reading through the thread it seems to be a common problem with Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 needed. I am using windows 10 and this 2015 version is already on my computer and can't find any other solutions on the thread. Any suggestions?
You probably installed VC 2015 after you VC 2017/2019. Uninstall VC 2015/2017/2019 and install VC 2015 x86/x64 according to your game client x86=32 bit; x64=64bit.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nah I saw that in a previous part of the thread and tried it. It didn't work
View attachment 1098518
All i can see in your error there seems to be something wrong with loading images from the storage, basically says the image doesnt exist, if you check in the game folder unconditional love_data , and then streamingassets, do you have storage.vngine in there?

Bobzar54

Jun 20, 2017
Mmmmh... did you delete the English.zip from Game_Data/Language folder or applied an outdated translation/unrated patch?
Nah English.zip is still present and no patch
All i can see in your error there seems to be something wrong with loading images from the storage, basically says the image doesnt exist, if you check in the game folder unconditional love_data , and then streamingassets, do you have storage.vngine in there?
Yeah it is there

Last edited:

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nah English.zip is still present and no patch

Yeah it is there
Do you still have the download zip? can you maybe unpack it again and check? Trying to check all the boxes here becausae it might be a corrupted download, at least looking at the error in the screenshot you posted. Although, you might not get that exact error if thats the case, you would get a white screen but stil the correct text... weird things can happen.

If you check your main menu and options do you see the background in the options menu?

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes