Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Hey, I usually do not post to comments on here, but I have to break my silence after I discover a file that completely locked and need of a password. Thanks to a good Anti Virus that scanned the files and couldn't scan pass Timestamps Chap 1 Because of this password. The Scan said: (Alphabet of HardDrive)\(Name of Folder)\Timestamps\Timestamps Chap 1\Timestamps_10_PE_P1_64bit.zip=>Timestamps Unconditional Love_Data/SteamingAssests/Config.vngine

Would anyone care to tell me what does that mean from my Anti Virus discovering?
I cannot access these files because as I said, Password protected. I do hope it not some hidden malware or spyware to sneek pass the firewall as it said in the warning front page "to collect anonymous data on how many players", because I only notice my pc been running slow after downloading this game, so someone throw me a bone and tell me in your experties what do you think it means?
I would guess thats its the parental control option, available in the game, to protect your kids from playing the game ;) There is no spyware or malware in official version and i really doubt someone have time to loose to insert this in the version post here!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Would anyone care to tell me what does that mean from my Anti Virus discovering?
I cannot access these files because as I said, Password protected. I do hope it not some hidden malware or spyware to sneek pass the firewall as it said in the warning front page "to collect anonymous data on how many players", because I only notice my pc been running slow after downloading this game, so someone throw me a bone and tell me in your experties what do you think it means
Don't worry it is a false-positive result from your AV.
Timestamps Unconditional Love_Data/SteamingAssests/Config.vngine
Config.vngine is a zip file and contains the configuration files for the game's task system, hint system, scene order and room blocks. Nothing that could spy on you or damage your computer.
1617614899347.png

"This games can collect and send anonymous user statistics over internet to Unity if you allow it through the firewall. This is only to help the developers see how many people are playing, if you don't like it you can block it via firewall!"
This is for telemetry and is a standard feature of Unity. Nothing to do with VNgine or the game itself. The connection can be blocked either via your firewall or simply by going offline during your gameplay.

The telemetry feature shows developer a map and numbers of players around the world. Like how many players are from USA, Europe and Asia. No personal information or anything like that.

If you played a game using Unity engine before then you already shared your region without knowing it.

because I only notice my pc been running slow after downloading this game
Very unlikely. Either your computer is already very old, has less than 4 GB RAM or was to busy running a full virus scan on your system.

The game was optimized to perform on older computers and therefore only consumes ~500 MB of RAM. Aaybe a bit more during animations.

If the game runs slow try to lower your resolution or switch to windowed-mode.

I would guess thats its the parental control option, available in the game, to protect your kids from playing the game ;) There is no spyware or malware in official version and i really doubt someone have time to loose to insert this in the version post here!
Nothing to do with parental control.

Uknowme

Feb 24, 2018
Why has Heathers model changed? Earlier it was tracy from Dreams of desire but after day 2 it's another girl.

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
The stupid game that does not work conservation I tried in all ways and implemented all the teachings and did not save anything was deleted chapter I and II and reason if I can not play the first no need for me in the second:mad:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The stupid game that does not work conservation I tried in all ways and implemented all the teachings and did not save anything was deleted chapter I and II and reason if I can not play the first no need for me in the second:mad:
I'm not sure what you mean, but I can assure you that the game doesn't delete anything on your computer.

Did you check your save folder if your saves are really gone?
Saves are located in hidden folders!
Save location on Windows (use Windows+R)
%localappdata%/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves
If you can't see your saves in the game, but they are in the save folder then it means that your computer doesn't use the Gregorian date system (Thailand, Arabic countries). Change your date system and the saves will show up.

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean, but I can assure you that the game doesn't delete anything on your computer.

Did you check your save folder if your saves are really gone?

If you can't see your saves in the game, but they are in the save folder then it means that your computer doesn't use the Gregorian date system (Thailand, Arabic countries). Change your date system and the saves will show up.
Yes, my friend, I did everything, went to the track, moved the storage files, and nothing was saved. Unfortunately, I am very addicted to games and my game per day is at least 10 hours, and after all this time nothing has been saved.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yes, my friend, I did everything, went to the track, moved the storage files, and nothing was saved. Unfortunately, I am very addicted to games and my game per day is at least 10 hours, and after all this time nothing has been saved.
"Moved the storage file"? :eek: WTF?! You don't have to move anything.

As far as I can see is that your problem is related to your Arabic language and your countries date format. As soon as you apply the correct date format your system the saves will show up in your game.

The game not able to save an only happen if you:
- try to play the game from inside the .rar/.zip file (I'm not even sure if this is possible).
- No permission to read/write to your systems files -> Location where you store the game has no access to system files (external HDD, hidden partition etc.).

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
"Moved the storage file"? :eek: WTF?! You don't have to move anything.

As far as I can see is that your problem is related to your Arabic language and your countries date format. As soon as you apply the correct date format your system the saves will show up in your game.

The game not able to save an only happen if you:
- try to play the game from inside the .rar/.zip file (I'm not even sure if this is possible).
- No permission to read/write to your systems files -> Location where you store the game has no access to system files (external HDD, hidden partition etc.).
Sorry, I will not change the system language because of the game and I only speak Arabic. This is why I need my system to be Arabic because of my work on translating games into Arabic + the strange thing is the second chapter works well and the tasks are saved, but the first chapter is not

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Sorry, I will not change the system language because of the game and I only speak Arabic. This is why I need my system to be Arabic because of my work on translating games into Arabic + the strange thing is the second chapter works well and the tasks are saved, but the first chapter is not
You don't need to change your system's language all you have to change is the date format.

It is a bug in Chapter 1 which was fixed in Chapter 2. That's why you don't have this problem in Chapter 2.

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
You don't need to change your system's language all you have to change is the date format.

It is a bug in Chapter 1 which was fixed in Chapter 2. That's why you don't have this problem in Chapter 2.
Hmm, I think I will try to convert it to the English calendar ?

Aescanor

Dec 11, 2019
Also, thank you for your efforts, and I deleted the game for the second time, and I do not want to waste my time on a game for which an automatic correction patch has not been made.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
where can i put the save file location
The save location is already set in stone. There's no need to put it anywhere.
As cold_arctus said in an above post, Windows Key + R.
Then, in the Run box (or whatever it's called nowadays) type %localappdata%/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves exactly as shown, even with the %. That's where your save files are; at least on Windows PCs.

Do Android port available here
Please learn to read.
Not gonna happen.

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes