• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You can actually extract RPA packages with the unren 9.1 version if you copy over the content of /lib folder from another renpy game. I suspect that unren 9.1 is not able to find python.exe because the python folders for To Be a King are named differently. But decompiling rpyc file option still fails, so you still cannot see the actual scripts.
SanchoHint: rpa is just an archive... think zip or rar so that'll always be elementary. It's the "c" (for compiled) that matters. The end game won't be simple but is feasible. I can see some snippets from files. Bottom line it has nothing to do with the VN itself. Native compiler coding is now Python 3 not Python 2... a bigger difference in technique required than some might assume. Unless one is rewriting much of the base code then any other attempts will always be futile. I'll leave it at that for now.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
FAPmaster369 Since you compressed the game,were you able to extract rpyc files?
If you did can you please help xinkala with updating the mod?
Sorry but i use same tools as everyone else... right now i'm looking into this from reddit but it looks like we gonna need an expert for ren'py with this :HideThePain: With ren'py v7.5.x and now v8.0.x finally being public we will see a lot of trouble with this...

Maybe someone could contact admin Sam and see if he got the time to look into this or even update his UnRen-0.91 tool?

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
This is the most frustrating game in terms of Walkthrough.

The choices only have consequences much much later so I can't predict what is gonna happen. There's no walkthrough since V0.4 and now the walkthrough mod seems to have its issues with working so it's basically going blind.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, as this will be your legacy. Years from now people will remember Sancho1969 the Great. The man who could mod the unmoddable. Greatest modder who ever lived, Ave Sancho1969! Skål! The one to whom no challenge is too great and no feat to small!
But as you've stated you're " just a simple redneck who knows how to type." Therefore should you decide not to, it is what it is. There are plenty of other modders' services that can be requested
Meh, I already modded RenPy 8 so "mod the unmoddable" is done and proven, and has been checked off the ol' bucket list. Point being that currently it's a monumental task that honestly others have had zero success in, so by all means request away. I've actually been updating my entire mod core in prep for future R8 titles (so now I'll have to deal with 2 Core code packages, might have to start using 100% git soon). I just think it's currently the best use of my personal free time than spending countless hours reverse engineering snippets here and there all over again. I'm not sure folks realize how daunting that task is tbh. It'll be child's play soon enough though, it just takes time to sort these things out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So what you are saying is that when you have updated your mod core you can easily mod R8 games?
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. There's two basic criteria involved: 1) reverse engineering 2) having a Core that takes full advantage of Python 3. I've done the first before, now I'm working on the second. The first is still a monumental bitch... currently.

LisaNelson

Jun 8, 2019
The reason Unren isn't working is the folder where python.exe is located has been named differently. If you change it to what it usually is it works fine.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The reason Unren isn't working is the folder where python.exe is located has been named differently. If you change it to what it usually is it works fine.
There still is the issue with files being only the compiled versions (rpyc), so most people won't be able to view those. Using UnRen won't be that helpful if you can't read the unarchived files.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes