marspig

Oct 16, 2018
Three princesses.
Only the eldest princess still has advantages, relying on her "melon" and "eldest sister-healing type".

The other two have been surpassed by later characters in appearance, personality, and role.

Reactions: visualnovelgeek

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
[VN] [Ren'Py] To Be a King [v0.8.1] [ITRoy] [MinQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 3.05GB
Repack size: 779MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = WorkUpload / PixelDrain /
(Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Notice: Since original has good optimization, i did MinQ Edition that is focused on Size over Quality.
Gallery code for v0.8.1 (case sensitive): TheCakeIsALie

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :giggle:
FAPmaster369 Since you compressed the game,were you able to extract rpyc files?
If you did can you please help xinkala with updating the mod?
To Be A King (0.7.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked(ABANDONED)

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM

*I don't know what the hell is wrong with this game but i can't just extract rpyc files to work on. i tried unren and other methods but nothing seems to work, and it's just this game! On other games it wotks fine. I had the similar problem with previous version but i somehow managed to extratc it but this method doesn't work now. I don't know, maybe it's just my pc have some problem(don't think so but still).
So i can't really update this mod. If enyone here with much more experience want to countinue this mod, you are very welcome!
Sorry guys!

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Check renpy version on game and match with joiplay/renpy pulgin, or ask on joiplay discord.
I only see one version for each on the Google Store, and it hasn't had an update in a year. Where would I find alternate versions?

eddie297

Jun 17, 2017
I'm enjoying this game, but there are aspects of it that really don't make sense or are, imo, missed opportunities to make it more interesting. For example,
Anyway, looking forward for the next update!

Last edited:

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Seriously? Ufff half the fun of this game is that it is a harem and you can get all the girls. Between the Dinah/Diana dilemma and this now it doesn't set a hood precedent. I hope ITRoy doesn't make us choose.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
I am unable to run Unren with this version of the game. It's giving me an error which says "unable to locate python.exe". Any solution?
I got the same error and asked the same question, and the answer seems to be the game has been updated with a new version of RenPy, so the old decompilers won’t work. Updated stuff may be available later.

Reactions: A.aron

jeedr66

Dec 23, 2019
Hello there! :D
Any idea of the issue ?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/renpy-7.4.10-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/renpy-7.4.10-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 482, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Applications/renpy-7.4.10-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Applications/renpy-7.4.10-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 706, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpyc.

Darwin-21.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178

Tue Jul 12 20:05:29 2022
I had the same problem! any solution?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To Be A King (0.7.1) Walkthrough Mod + Replay Unlocked(ABANDONED)

Use this at your own risk! This may break your game or saves for future updates! Highlighted choices may not be the best(I think it is but still)

*If you find any error replay my comment or DM

*I don't know what the hell is wrong with this game but i can't just extract rpyc files to work on. i tried unren and other methods but nothing seems to work, and it's just this game! On other games it wotks fine. I had the similar problem with previous version but i somehow managed to extratc it but this method doesn't work now. I don't know, maybe it's just my pc have some problem(don't think so but still).
So i can't really update this mod. If enyone here with much more experience want to countinue this mod, you are very welcome!
Sorry guys!
I hadn't realized that Ren'Py 8.0 was released on June 26. Although that modernizes Ren'Py to catch up to the last several years of advancements in Python (on which Ren'Py is based), that also for now means that the un.rpyc tool apparently no longer works. However, and updated to work with Ren'Py 8.0; it's just not there yet. You will very possibly see more and more games over time where you can't decompile .rpyc files until tools like un.rpyc or UnRen.bat are updated to handle the newer version of Ren'Py.
Good morning. RenPy 8 is able to be modded, I've proved it here. It's a real bitch to pull off, I ain't gonna lie, but it's doable. Although I might have lost a few years of my lifespan due to the stress and complication of pulling it off. Good luck.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Good morning. RenPy 8 is able to be modded, I've proved it here. It's a real bitch to pull off, I ain't gonna lie, but it's doable. Although I might have lost a few years of my lifespan due to the stress and complication of pulling it off. Good luck.
clearly i don't have as much knowlege in renpy and python as you, and that why im not gonna even try to do that. Im sure as hell im gonna lose my shit doing that :D

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
clearly i don't have as much knowlege in renpy and python as you, and that why im not gonna even try to do that. Im sure as hell im gonna lose my shit doing that :D
I'm no master, and I'm certainly no hacker, just a simple redneck who knows how to type. I'm just fucking silly enough to put myself in those positions. I sincerely regretted it almost as soon as I started the project but it was too late :ROFLMAO:

cespine

Sep 18, 2017
You can actually extract RPA packages with the unren 9.1 version if you copy over the content of /lib folder from another renpy game. I suspect that unren 9.1 is not able to find python.exe because the python folders for To Be a King are named differently. But decompiling rpyc file option still fails, so you still cannot see the actual scripts.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes