BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Seems like alot of intricite stories in one here, I hope the General can in fact choose Alennia the oldest daughter as his queen, she seems more intelligent and poised than any of the rest - not sure if Lydias father is being setup or not but it certainly could be - wish the general would investigate this using someone else other than Felix - first he leaves because his wife was ill but on return says it was his daughter??? I don't trust him.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
wish the general would investigate this using someone else other than Felix - first he leaves because his wife was ill but on return says it was his daughter??? I don't trust him.
If he were any more fishy, he'd have gills. Even overlooking the wife-daughter issue, his sudden disappearance has made me feel uneasy since the release of the update where it happened. His return still makes things feel off, and he seems way too forward in regards to his rank and station, giving his unprompted opinion about things he has no business commenting on. He continues to raise my suspicions by being oddly pro-Isabella, and he brings the Aelina accusations out of nowhere. So I agree with you that it is VERY bad he is our only source for the Aristhenes investigation, and now assassination plot accusations.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
If he were any more fishy, he'd have gills. Even overlooking the wife-daughter issue, his sudden disappearance has made me feel uneasy since the release of the update where it happened. His return still makes things feel off, and he seems way too forward in regards to his rank and station, giving his unprompted opinion about things he has no business commenting on. He continues to raise my suspicions by being oddly pro-Isabella, and he brings the Aelina accusations out of nowhere. So I agree with you that it is VERY bad he is our only source for the Aristhenes investigation, and now assassination plot accusations.
Don't forget Flavia (I think?) the blonde bartender / former senator's grand-daughter. She took serious issue with Felix personally. Now, she seems to have a general distaste for all military men, (or just men in general perhaps), but it's possible she knows something about the guy.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Don't forget Flavia (I think?) the blonde bartender / former senator's grand-daughter. She took serious issue with Felix personally. Now, she seems to have a general distaste for all military men, (or just men in general perhaps), but it's possible she knows something about the guy.
I think you're right, the way Felix is portrayed and his dialogue, seems like an obvious red herring. The way he speaks and tries to implicate Aelina and others, then the conversation with her.

Could be wrong though, just think it's for added drama purposes.

Some on here where questioning Aelina's motives already, so it does seem to work.. somewhat

• Haha
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I think you're right, the way Felix is portrayed and his dialogue, seems like an obvious red herring. The way he speaks and tries to implicate Aelina and others, then the conversation with her.

Could be wrong though, just think it's for added drama purposes.

Some on here where questioning Aelina's motives already, so it does seem to work.. somewhat
I question and doubt everyone except Goddess Anna and Princess Valentina. :ROFLMAO:

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Is there a map of Europe at the beginning of the game? I get the gist of the borders of course through the story, but a visual map would be nice.

Reactions: Allan Trumbull

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Is there a map of Europe at the beginning of the game? I get the gist of the borders of course through the story, but a visual map would be nice.
An in-game map would be pretty helpful, yes.
If it follows the real-world geography (and it should, given some of the locations mentioned), Caudium's capital city would be either in, or very near, modern Naples in Italy. For anything else just check out the ancient kingdoms to see their borders (assuming they had any, the Gauls weren't exactly unified in any meaningful way for example, whereas Pontus was an actual kingdom).

Reactions: Valamyr

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Probably where was (now )
Yeah, but aren't the docks or a port mentioned in-game? Or am I misremembering? That's why I sort of "moved" it to Naples, so it'd actually be on the water instead of inland.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
If it follows the real-world geography (and it should, given some of the locations mentioned), Caudium's capital city would be either in, or very near, modern Naples in Italy. For anything else just check out the ancient kingdoms to see their borders (assuming they had any, the Gauls weren't exactly unified in any meaningful way for example, whereas Pontus was an actual kingdom).
I'm confused about the [Roman] time period though. They mentioned having two Caesars previously, and Constantinople being where the capitol once was, therefore it must be after the Constantinian dynasty. Yet Rome did not surpass Constantinople for power and influence until after Britannia was abandoned, the Germans invaded, Gaul broke off, and the Western Empire had desolved. By the time the Danes were expanding/colonizing southward, Rome had long lost any association with Syria, Pontus, or anything bordering the Aegean Sea. Whereas Caudium's territory and strength seem like Britannia is still occupied, and Constantinople has not yet been made the capitol, yet Gaul is not a conquered province, but a former ally.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I'm confused about the [Roman] time period though. They mentioned having two Caesars previously, and Constantinople being where the capitol once was, therefore it must be after the Constantinian dynasty. Yet Rome did not surpass Constantinople for power and influence until after Britannia was abandoned, the Germans invaded, Gaul broke off, and the Western Empire had desolved. By the time the Danes were expanding/colonizing southward, Rome had long lost any association with Syria, Pontus, or anything bordering the Aegean Sea. Whereas Caudium's territory and strength seem like Britannia is still occupied, and Constantinople has not yet been made the capitol, yet Gaul is not a conquered province, but a former ally.
Think of it like an alternate universe that has a lot of similarities but also a lot of differences. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: kamuk_4185 and cxx

Osso Buco

Dec 10, 2018
I understand that it is possible to make a putsch in the game. It would be possible to have a small indication, I admit my helplessness on this path and my level in English does not help me on this matter ...

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I understand that it is possible to make a putsch in the game. It would be possible to have a small indication, I admit my helplessness on this path and my level in English does not help me on this matter ...
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here.
The "coup" in question is essentially bloodless at the moment so I wouldn't really call it a putsch quite yet. That may change as shit goes down mind you, but since the MC is, for all intents and purposes, the king now, any violent actions at this point would be classified as putting down a rebellion.

Reactions: Osso Buco
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes