Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
MC is about to take eastern portion (i.e., more rich provinces), capable to provide more support for an army in some days, plus due to a marital ties with Nicabar is effectively in control of most kingdom troops; add some PR influence for old senatorial faction and there's no reason for a coup, moreover, right now keeping Marius as second king adds to a societal stability, which is much needed atm - marriages between any of princesses hasn't happened, yet and this will add even more legitimacy for MC as a co-ruling king.

Osso Buco

Dec 10, 2018
I'll be frank, I have the game on steam and the last trophy I have left to unlock (hidden trophy) is "Coup d'etat"... but as you said and in view of the evolution of the story, I do not see the logic. But with my level in English, I may be missing something, hence the question. but thank you both anyway .

edit : That's right, I found (if anyone needs /wisp) !

Last edited:

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
Think of it like an alternate universe that has a lot of similarities but also a lot of differences. (y)
This also helps to explain why Marius being gay is such a big deal. If it was historical (pre-christian)Rome, no one would give a shit if he's gay, as long as he's on top (Being an intensely patriarchal society, Rome was more about 'tops' and 'bottoms' than gay/straight. As long as the one with a higher station was the 'top', it was more or less all good.)**

But yes, it definitely feels like an alt-universe version of Rome that's somehow post-Caesar/Pomey/Trajan, post-sacking of Rome in 410 AD etc, but also somehow pre-christian, pre-Diocletian , etc.

*Interestingly, this was when the capital of the Western Roman empire was Mediolanum (now Milan), and not Rome itself. The capital in TBaK, Caudium (now Montesarchio), is much further south, closer to the 'ankle' of the boot, far from Milan and the Alps.

**If you're at all interested in Roman (and other ancient history), the youtube channel Invicta has a good video on this and other subjects that goes beyond this or that battle.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
This also helps to explain why Marius being gay is such a big deal. If it was historical (pre-christian)Rome, no one would give a shit if he's gay, as long as he's on top (Being an intensely patriarchal society, Rome was more about 'tops' and 'bottoms' than gay/straight. As long as the one with a higher station was the 'top', it was more or less all good.)
Only worry it would cause would be inheritance, but that was solved by adoption in many cases. Also vikings were pretty open minded about gay relationships, they only cared about you being top if you were a warrior. Feudal Japan was also quite accepting of it, it was considered that only another samurai could really know what warrior that sees battlefield feels. So in many cases there were samurai who had wife for getting an heir, but another samurai as the lover.

Reactions: ufsmt

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
Anyone knows how to auto forward this game? I do not see the button for it anywhere -_-
AFAIK there isn't one. As you've indicated, I don't see any button for it, and I've tried pretty much every key on my keyboard and nothing does auto-forwarding. But someone much more familiar with Ren'Py and/or that feature might have found (or already know) something I did not.
Rejoice! for when RSI plagued my feeble limbs, I searched long and far (err, checked a different renpy games files) for the answer to this devastating conundrum.

To enable Auto Forward, just drop this edited screens.rpy into your /game folder. This should add the quick menu back, and access to the auto button. The auto speed setting is already in preferences and works fine.

If you're wondering, I just added the following code beneath the line "define config.narrator_menu = True" in screens.rpy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
This also helps to explain why Marius being gay is such a big deal. If it was historical (pre-christian)Rome, no one would give a shit if he's gay, as long as he's on top (Being an intensely patriarchal society, Rome was more about 'tops' and 'bottoms' than gay/straight. As long as the one with a higher station was the 'top', it was more or less all good.) But yes, it definitely feels like an alt-universe version of Rome that's somehow post-Caesar/Pomey/Trajan, post-sacking of Rome in 410 AD etc, but also somehow pre-christian, pre-Diocletian, etc.
Male prostitution was banned by roman emperor Philip the Arab (ruled 244-249 a.d.). We don't know much about the former king rule before Aricellus rose to power from rank of warlord. After conquering territories from north/east (king Brennus/queen Avila lands) though, situation started to look like a Spring and Autumn period in crumbling China's Zhou dynasty right before Partition of Jin. You barely would want a partition, when building a legitimacy of your own rule, while retaining current society order. It seems, now kingdom's administration is ineffective for now much bigger territory under just one ruler.

MC has some ways to build his power/reputation:
1. Support from his current lands he've got for a military service and loyal military under his command, which knows him well.
2. Marriage to Kaylan / Diana-or-Dinah - resulting in further economic/military support for next advances (+/- almost there).
3. Marriages to royal house princesses for having legit male offspring first before Marius sexual habits ceases to be a secret.
4. Marriages to royal house princesses of other kingdoms, as needed, for allies support / trade relations / securing borders.
5. Some PR efforts towards old senatorial faction and core Caudium citizens plus strengthening tribal ties (Tamura people).

Note: the only foreign princess we've saw in person is Estrid, but there's x2 more, so it'll come with hard choices to make.
P.S.: as history says, Charlemagne had 18 children, 4/5 wifes and +/- same count of concubines, so long way to go for MC.

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
This also helps to explain why Marius being gay is such a big deal. If it was historical (pre-christian)Rome
Except that they state Constantinople used to be the imperial capital, which requires a post-Constantinian date, and therefore Christianity is very much at play. Perhaps the divergence occurs after Constantine I's death, with a new dynasty taking out the Constantinian dynasty sometime after Christianity transformed the populace norms, but before it was made the state religion of Rome, thus this alternate Rome maintains the traditional henotheism that we see displayed in-game.

Reactions: Ukghar

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Except that they state Constantinople used to be the imperial capital, which requires a post-Constantinian date, and therefore Christianity is very much at play. Perhaps the divergence occurs after Constantine I's death, with a new dynasty taking out the Constantinian dynasty sometime after Christianity transformed the populace norms, but before it was made the state religion of Rome, thus this alternate Rome maintains the traditional henotheism that we see displayed in-game.
Easy answer, alternative Earth with alternative timeline, considering we have goddess Anna there instead of christianity. Not to mention it is post dual capital situation, which eventually led to splitting of Roman imperium.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
The number of women in the general's life keeps growing. I'm in chapter VI, and the plot has slowed to a crawl because they all demand his attention. Should I expect major plot development in the remaining chapters?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The number of women in the general's life keeps growing. I'm in chapter VI, and the plot has slowed to a crawl because they all demand his attention. Should I expect major plot development in the remaining chapters?
well yes and no. there'll be major plot development but it's expected.

MasterLoodX

Apr 30, 2022
I used the WT mod and ended up missing some scenes in the lewd gallery. I'm playing the Harem Path. So some Kalyan-only scenes seem to be missing. But I'm also missing these 3 scenes: 'Taking a Goddess', 'Tulia's Offer', 'Temple Delights'. What did I miss?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I used the WT mod and ended up missing some scenes in the lewd gallery. I'm playing the Harem Path. So some Kalyan-only scenes seem to be missing. But I'm also missing these 3 scenes: 'Taking a Goddess', 'Tulia's Offer', 'Temple Delights'. What did I miss?
quite a bit.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Some of those scenes, like Tullia's Offer, are on paths were you aren't on someone elses path. Iirc Tullia's Offer specifically is only open to you if you refuse queen as LI.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
The WT Mod has been having compatibility problems for a few chapters now. With the new point system, I replayed the whole game with the new mod and found a missing Temple scene in the previous chapter, without altering any choices, so I guess that might be part of the solution.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I've been thinking about the best harem you can build without drama. Have I missed any relationships?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All is as Goddess Anna wills it in the harem. Have faith and she will provide stability. Or, you know, use the royal treasury to buy jewelry and sht. :ROFLMAO:

As for the Flora / Estrid thing...Flora's Scottish. They ("we", I'm a halfie) carry a grudge like nobody's business. They're also both from warrior cultures. They'd be right as rain after an actual fight, assuming they both survive. It wouldn't even matter who won. Probably end up as drinking buddies. So setting up a duel (or perhaps nude mud wrestling) would be to our benefit.

Reactions: Onetogo

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well every1 hates marius and what 1 femme thinks about other doesn't matter since king's word is law.

Reactions: Onetogo

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
1672677507196.png

It's 2023, which I keep forgetting. I wish I could say time flies, but developing games makes you feel like time really drags. The constant development cycle certainly makes for a "Groundhog Day" feeling.

I enjoyed my limited time off and feel very good about how development is going. I did a bit of prioritization and punted a few things to Chapter 12 that I had on my Chapter 11 to do list. Figuring out what you can reasonably get done in a development cycle is half the "fun."

As far as progress, we are still very early, and Chapter 11 is going to be at least as big as Chapter 10. Add in my attempts at animations, and we are looking at a longer than normal development cycle. I'm going to avoid promising any release dates until we are very close to the end. Release dates are tough enough to predict when you are doing what you've always done. Add in a lot of new things, and release dates are near impossible to project. My promise to you is that, if animations are the only thing holding back Chapter 11 significantly, and there is no quick end in sight, I won't hold the release up further by continuing work on animations for this chapter. The good news is that, for the time being and despite some additions to the to do list, I'm ahead of schedule. Animations and a couple of other things are going to determine if that can be maintained.

Other than all the planning, there has been a ton of refinement for character outfits (for characters both old and upcoming). Each character now has a specific set of outfits, and there is, surprisingly, little overlap (except for the men. Just not a lot of options there). I went through all the outfits I had from the different marketplaces, matched them up to characters, and then culled that list down. There will still be some custom outfits, but those may take a few more chapters before I have them ready. Some of the ladies have amassed quite the wardrobe. Looking at you, Estrid.

In addition to that, I've expanded my own custom pose presets and fixed ALL of my existing ones that had some issues (clipping, etc.). The pose library is quite robust, and it saves me a lot of time with each release. I had planned to add about 40 new presets, but I ended up going WAY over that number for new additions. It was so many that I just bit the bullet and finally did my custom lewd poses that I've been wanting to do for several chapters. So many new poses, but so very nice to drastically reduce my setup time even more.

The final thing I completed are the new environments for Chapter 11. There were some updates to some existing environments also, and I tried a few new things with the new environments. Very happy with how things turned out, even if render times are a bit longer than I'd like for some. Oh, and my render rigs got fixed up, as some had some issues or had old hardware that needed replacing. Always good to do that work when I'm not needing to setup renders for a few weeks.

Nothing to show off yet, as the prep and script work continues for now. I will have an announcement to make on the upcoming livestream (this Saturday), so you'll want to tune in to that, if you can (I promise it is a very good announcement). Link will be posted for Patrons later on for that livestream. Have an enjoyable January, and I'll be back with another dev update soon.

---------

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes