BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
Gallery unlock code for v0.3.1: BeSure2DrinkYourOvaltine
But this only unlocks the photo gallery and the scene gallery are still unlocked - maybe the mod will enable them when updated without the need to play the game again to unlock them.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Decided to do an in Game Walkthrough Mod for this as well. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to v0.3.1

Install: Extract the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "To Be A King 0.3.1" folder, overwrite when prompted.

Note: If you downloaded the mod in the first 20 minutes I had is posted, I corrected a place where I double post a choice. the choice "Passive Response" has no points or variables associated with it." Not worth a re-download, but it's been corrected.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
Getting an error before getting to the main menu with the new version of the mod you just posted.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I tried loading without the mod, and no error getting to main menu.

EDIT 2: so ummm stupid me didn't think to click on ignore till just now. Launched me into the start of a new game but was still able to load my save from there, but if i try going to the main menu even from my loaded game i get the same error.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The Scene Gallery doesn't unlock the scenes with the 3.1 mod. I don't know why.
I didn't mess with the scene gallery on this game, never even touched it, so that's a dev thing.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Getting an error before getting to the main menu with the new version of the mod you just posted.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I tried loading without the mod, and no error getting to main menu.
Did you install the mod OVER the previous version, because I tested it on a clean upzip and it worked fine. Make sure you didn't install it over the old mod. Also with this game, if you Unrened it it will not work either. I am going to download the mod I posted and test if on a clean game. I will reply again.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I didn't mess with the scene gallery on this game, never even touched it, so that's a dev thing.
It is. Old saves and scene gallery don't work properly.

I guess we should replay the game from start skipping text (check preferences).

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Did you install the mod OVER the previous version, because I tested it on a clean upzip and it worked fine. Make sure you didn't install it over the old mod. Also with this game, if you Unrened it it will not work either. I am going to download the mod I posted and test if on a clean game. I will reply again.
Nope clean unzip of new version for both into a new folder. only thing from the old is I copied my saves folder and the transparent textbox mod. gonna try unzipping both again and not add transparent textbox. see what happens.

EDIT: OK no idea what happened the first time, cause I just did the exact same thing. New unzip to new folder and it's working fine. only thing i didn't do this time is copy my old saves folder. hate relying on the one in appdata. I've lost some savegames in the past due to that.

EDIT 2: OK found the culprit. forgot that I also usually run unren to unlock Dev mode (Option 3 in unren), which i also did the first time, didn't on the second. Sooooo ya. LOL

Anyhow thx for the update Zoey Raven

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Nope clean unzip of new version for both into a new folder. only thing from the old is I copied my saves folder and the transparent textbox mod. gonna try unzipping both again and not add transparent textbox. see what happens.
I just tested the mod with a clean unzip and there are no problems whatsoever. There are people reporting efforts with the gallery that are dev related. I suggest downloading the mod again, starting a fresh save, and following the install instructions and making sure you are doing all that right. Baring that, you might have got a corrupted download of the mod or something. Starting a new save should solve your issue. Like I said I did it just now on a clean unzip and I went through the entire game. Cheers.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I just tested the mod with a clean unzip and there are no problems whatsoever. There are people reporting efforts with the gallery that are dev related. I suggest downloading the mod again, starting a fresh save, and following the install instructions and making sure you are doing all that right. Baring that, you might have got a corrupted download of the mod or something. Starting a new save should solve your issue. Like I said I did it just now on a clean unzip and I went through the entire game. Cheers.
Ya edited my post a couple mins ago. I found the issue, which was my bad. HAHA. Thx though. (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

EDIT 2: so ummm stupid me didn't think to click on ignore till just now. Launched me into the start of a new game but was still able to load my save from there, but if i try going to the main menu even from my loaded game i get the same error.
Yea, that's a dev thing then, but I had no such errors on a new save, I highly recommend that. It's what others seem to be doing. I would not have touch the audio file that is causing your problems do begin with.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Yea, that's a dev thing then, but I had no such errors on a new save, I highly recommend that. It's what others seem to be doing. I would not have touch the audio file that is causing your problems do begin with.
HAHA ya I figured that to begin with considering your track record. Use almost all your mods If could afford to support you on Patreon I would in a heartbeat. (y) . As for the save issue. Luckily most of the time I don't get those problems Unless it's specifically noted by the dev to start a new game due to coding changes. I'll give it a go and we'll see. If I have to start fresh at least I have your mod to help get caught back up quickly with skipping :love:.

36 Ninjas

Feb 27, 2018
Man I think I've exhausted every possible choice path you can up to this point and I still can't get the last scene in the gallery to unlock. Looking in the image folder it looks like it has something to do with Kaylan.

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
Man I think I've exhausted every possible choice path you can up to this point and I still can't get the last scene in the gallery to unlock. Looking in the image folder it looks like it has something to do with Kaylan.
During the sex scene with her make sure you do not tell her the truth about the other romantic interests, i.e. the princess.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
During the sex scene with her make sure you do not tell her the truth about the other romantic interests, i.e. the princess.
The gallery has some bugs I've been told. I never messed w it on this game, but that's the word on the street.

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
The gallery has some bugs I've been told. I never messed w it on this game, but that's the word on the street.
I got mine to work correctly and have everyone scene available (at least with a proper hover enabled image) - but then again I am a developer.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I got mine to work correctly and have everyone scene available (at least with a proper hover enabled image) - but then again I am a developer.
I could have done the same, but I have so much content I do, It's not my job to go in a fix someone's image button code.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes