Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
it is harem
Best news I've had all day. Admittedly it's only 12:49am but still fantastic news as I just got to the part where Kaylan just said she wouldn't be a 'harem play thing' and got bummed out.

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpy', 1596964593, 0) is defined twice, at game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpy:1 and game/game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpyc:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\ToBeAKing-0.3.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpy', 1596964593, 0) is defined twice, at game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpy:1 and game/game/chapters/chapter1/script/ch1s10mctalkswithkaylan.rpyc:1.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
showing this error after walthrough

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
The gallery is bugged.I played the whole game and got many scenes but only two of them were unlocked in the gallery.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Unfortunately I have already seen one of those here that asks for ntr. That they are the same ones who later complain that the ones they don't like appear in ntr games. Please, ntr fans, leave the other games alone

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Yea, that's a dev thing then, but I had no such errors on a new save, I highly recommend that. It's what others seem to be doing. I would not have touch the audio file that is causing your problems do begin with.
I know this isn't your problem, but just to clarify for others in the thread, I never played this game before today, just downloaded this version and installed your mod, so this is a very fresh save. I only see two scenes in the gallery when I had around five scenes in-game. So not sure what the issue is but a new save doesn't seem to help in my case.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I know this isn't your problem, but just to clarify for others in the thread, I never played this game before today, just downloaded this version and installed your mod, so this is a very fresh save. I only see two scenes in the gallery when I had around five scenes in-game. So not sure what the issue is but a new save doesn't seem to help in my case.
I've already told him: the gallery won't work if you installed his mod.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I've already told him: the gallery won't work if you installed his mod.
Gotcha. Not really a big deal anyway was only looking to see if there was something I'd missed. To be honest the scenes in this game aren't particularly engaging, given there's no animation, and the dialogue doesn't add any excitement either.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
OK, guys.

PROBLEMS I EXPERIENCED WITH THE SCENE GALLERY:

- first of all, when you load your old save you'll find out that the older scenes are STILL LOCKED in the scene gallery

- you have to replay the game from scratch to unlock all the scenes in the scene gallery

- the scene gallery does NOT work with the walkthrough mod

HOW I FOUND OUT THAT THE MOD BREAKS THE SCENE GALLERY:

- firstly, I loaded my old save, I moved on with the game and I unlocked the first new sex scene you encounter in the new 3.1 update

- then I found out that the old scenes in the gallery were locked

- then the 3.1 mod came out and I placed it into the game folder

- the mod worked, so I went back to an old save and replayed some old scenes in order to unlock them in the gallery: they didn't

- so I started a new game from scratch, but no scene unlocked in the scene gallery. Neither old ones, nor new ones

- I removed the mod files and restarted playing the game. Removing the mod broke the game: it always crashed when Valentine discovers her sisters was kidnapped and tells the MC to stay with her at night. ALWAYS

HOW I SOLVED IT:

- I deleted the game and I deleted my saves in the users/AppData/Roaming/Renpy folder too

- I redownloaded the game, unzipped it and played it from scratch without installing the mod

- now the scene gallery worked

That's it.

Anyway, I'm totally aware that many people won't read this and will keep pestering and writing here that the gallery won't unlock :rolleyes:

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
I really love this one. the images are great. the clothes and background match the time period very well. so worth the download. as far as a gallery goes I usually just unren and then browse the image folder as every game seem to have a different type of gallery and you can never be sure you have seen everything. with the image folder you can find what you missed in the game easy.

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
good game
but the choices in the sex scene is useless
if there is a choice for mc to cum, im expecting the mc to cum even before doing anything :D

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Decided to do an in Game Walkthrough Mod for this as well. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to v0.3.1

Install: Extract the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "To Be A King 0.3.1" folder, overwrite when prompted.

Note: If you downloaded the mod in the first 20 minutes I had it posted, I corrected a place where I double post a choice. the choice "Passive Response" has no points or variables associated with it." Not worth a re-download, but it's been corrected.

IMPORTANT: People are having gallery issues with the game, that are unrelated to my mod, they are dev issues. As has been said in the thread. I recommend starting a new save.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
My unofficial android port of To Be A King 0.4.6 with Zoey Raven 's walkthrough mod AND OscarSix gallery unlock mod.
Usual Gestures etc.

Edit: updated to 0.4.6

Last edited:

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
There is no incest in the game..? Not that i am an incest lover but..a medieval timed game without some royal family fuckery..that can't be :geek:.

KingFap

Jul 16, 2019
The last scene in the gallery (Kaylan) did not open even though I tried everything. I think there is a problem

PC gamers encountered such a problem?

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
The last scene in the gallery (Kaylan) did not open even though I tried everything. I think there is a problem

PC gamers encountered such a problem?
I also think it might be a bug but for that scene to unlock 'Don't tell Kaylan yet' and you have to be on her path only, i.e. you cannot have taken Cassia or Valentina's virginities.

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes