cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
But does RL also have a goddess who is actively making such relationships happen? Jealousy fails as a plot device because the game already told us that it's going to be OK, so it's better to just drop it because the mystery is not there.
no, irl has goddess who tackles mc all the time.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
progress-bar.jpg

Dev Update #57
Is this first paragraph of the dev update always going to be about the progress graphic? It is for one more week. Careful observers will notice that there are now 16 scenes, instead of 29 that were shown last week. I finished the entire script. Yes, I wrote 29 scenes in a pretty short amount of time. That new outline process seems to have helped immensely. But I had a massive script that was over 1700 estimated renders. Too large for a single release (unless you want to enjoy it sometime in late fall), so I split it. There are still a ton of renders even with the cut, and I found an excellent place to end the chapter. That means that most of Chapter 9 is already written (I even went to the trouble of proofreading it). LATE ROY UPDATE: ALL of Chapter 9 is now written and proofread. Giggity.

As you see from that progress graphic, the script is done. It should be completely done, as I've proofread it twice now, and have all the other work I need to do in there as far as code. It is very nice to have mostall of Chapter 9 written, and a rough outline of Chapter 10 done, as well. That should allow me to keep 1-2 chapters ahead on the story. With all the proofreading complete, this means my beta team will only find dozens of errors and not hundreds!

Those results for your ladies had some surprises already. Helena barely beating out Valentina. Flora one of the most popular ladies in the game. Estrid still maintaining a lot of support (it is good to see everyone giving her a chance to explain). And Goddess Anna rigging the vote to ensure she finishes in the top 3. I forgot to include Alessia in the poll, so, instead of admitting my mistake, I will kill her off in the next chapter (joking, of course). There's another poll coming next week that I think you all will like.

My thanks to everyone who took a few minutes to vote in these polls. I think I will be resuming letting $10+ patrons have a vote on the bonus scene, once we start development on Chapter 10. So still awhile for that, but it was a fun thing to do that I miss.

This last week was mostly script work, along with a good chunk of code improvements, and some improvements to my tracking documents for the chapters. I've put a few hours into that last part. What that work does is help me keep track of content for different characters, stats on each release (length, render count, lewd scenes, etc.), and estimate release development times. It is an estimation tool, historical tool, and a tool to ensure continuity. Nearly every release, I find something new I need to track, and so I go back through all the chapters and collect that. One day I will make it very pretty in something like Microsoft's Power BI. For now, it is a simple set of 4 documents.

Enough about that boring stuff though. We've got some nice lewd scenes coming up in Chapter 8. A new character is getting introduced, with more in the next two chapters that follow. Nothing crazy, as there are more than enough ladies already in To Be A King. But it's nice to start to learn a bit more about some of those other ladies' friends and acquaintances.

Render work should start tomorrow. Oh boy are there renders to get done. But with all of those fixes I finished after finishing Chapter 7, I'm hopeful that renders are pretty smooth and consistent. Hoping to be able to share some previews soon. Once renders start, I've got to look at a few things I want to fix up in the code before I prep a Steam release for Volume 1. Then I can hopefully work on that a bit in the evenings when render work is done. A lot going on, but I'm very pleased that, despite a ton of extra work, Chapter 8 is actually ahead of its development schedule. With the work I've completed for Chapters 9 & 10, that is a very good thing.

keterboy

Jul 2, 2021
View attachment 1863297

Dev Update #57
Is this first paragraph of the dev update always going to be about the progress graphic? It is for one more week. Careful observers will notice that there are now 16 scenes, instead of 29 that were shown last week. I finished the entire script. Yes, I wrote 29 scenes in a pretty short amount of time. That new outline process seems to have helped immensely. But I had a massive script that was over 1700 estimated renders. Too large for a single release (unless you want to enjoy it sometime in late fall), so I split it. There are still a ton of renders even with the cut, and I found an excellent place to end the chapter. That means that most of Chapter 9 is already written (I even went to the trouble of proofreading it). LATE ROY UPDATE: ALL of Chapter 9 is now written and proofread. Giggity.

As you see from that progress graphic, the script is done. It should be completely done, as I've proofread it twice now, and have all the other work I need to do in there as far as code. It is very nice to have mostall of Chapter 9 written, and a rough outline of Chapter 10 done, as well. That should allow me to keep 1-2 chapters ahead on the story. With all the proofreading complete, this means my beta team will only find dozens of errors and not hundreds!

Those results for your ladies had some surprises already. Helena barely beating out Valentina. Flora one of the most popular ladies in the game. Estrid still maintaining a lot of support (it is good to see everyone giving her a chance to explain). And Goddess Anna rigging the vote to ensure she finishes in the top 3. I forgot to include Alessia in the poll, so, instead of admitting my mistake, I will kill her off in the next chapter (joking, of course). There's another poll coming next week that I think you all will like.

My thanks to everyone who took a few minutes to vote in these polls. I think I will be resuming letting $10+ patrons have a vote on the bonus scene, once we start development on Chapter 10. So still awhile for that, but it was a fun thing to do that I miss.

This last week was mostly script work, along with a good chunk of code improvements, and some improvements to my tracking documents for the chapters. I've put a few hours into that last part. What that work does is help me keep track of content for different characters, stats on each release (length, render count, lewd scenes, etc.), and estimate release development times. It is an estimation tool, historical tool, and a tool to ensure continuity. Nearly every release, I find something new I need to track, and so I go back through all the chapters and collect that. One day I will make it very pretty in something like Microsoft's Power BI. For now, it is a simple set of 4 documents.

Enough about that boring stuff though. We've got some nice lewd scenes coming up in Chapter 8. A new character is getting introduced, with more in the next two chapters that follow. Nothing crazy, as there are more than enough ladies already in To Be A King. But it's nice to start to learn a bit more about some of those other ladies' friends and acquaintances.

Render work should start tomorrow. Oh boy are there renders to get done. But with all of those fixes I finished after finishing Chapter 7, I'm hopeful that renders are pretty smooth and consistent. Hoping to be able to share some previews soon. Once renders start, I've got to look at a few things I want to fix up in the code before I prep a Steam release for Volume 1. Then I can hopefully work on that a bit in the evenings when render work is done. A lot going on, but I'm very pleased that, despite a ton of extra work, Chapter 8 is actually ahead of its development schedule. With the work I've completed for Chapters 9 & 10, that is a very good thing.
nearly fainted at the news.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this issue but if you
1) agree to marry Aelinia during the scene where she wants to go on a trip for a few days
2) select her to attend the ball with

then you end up having a very strange conversation at the ball about her father trying to marry her off again which makes NO sense at all..

Reactions: visualnovelgeek

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Also.. at the ball when Lydia asks about the kings wine cask and then he promptly dies and the MC can't put 2 and 2 together?!? Come on man.. that's just some sloppy ass writing there considering the rest of the story has been really good so far

Reactions: visualnovelgeek

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this issue but if you
1) agree to marry Aelinia during the scene where she wants to go on a trip for a few days
2) select her to attend the ball with

then you end up having a very strange conversation at the ball about her father trying to marry her off again which makes NO sense at all..
What you promise Aelinia in her bedroom and what Kind Old Spice knows or agrees to are 2 different things. As I recall he's only down with (and knows about) you getting together with Valentina.

As for Lydia and the wine cask, nobody ever claimed the MC was the sharpest flashlight in the toolshed.

Reactions: Thraanduil

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
does anyone have a link for the latest mac download?
no mac 0.7.1 but install latest mac and replace it's game folder with pc version's and play or play pc version with renpysdk for mac.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
What you promise Aelinia in her bedroom and what Kind Old Spice knows or agrees to are 2 different things. As I recall he's only down with (and knows about) you getting together with Valentina.

As for Lydia and the wine cask, nobody ever claimed the MC was the sharpest flashlight in the toolshed.
True but the text should at least acknowledge that you already have committed to each other. As is it makes no sense at all.

Also in a game that has stats the wine cask would be a good place to use them and have different text based off what your current stats are.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Also in a game that has stats the wine cask would be a good place to use them and have different text based off what your current stats are.
That's true. I want the MC to go all Hercule Poirot on everyone and be like "The killer is amongst us!".
Alternatively he could play it like the ending of Clue and end it on "I'm going to go home and have sex with my wife!" ...which would involve basically every female in attendance leaving with him.

Reactions: kamuk_4185

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
That's true. I want the MC to go all Hercule Poirot on everyone and be like "The killer is amongst us!".
Alternatively he could play it like the ending of Clue and end it on "I'm going to go home and have sex with my wife!" ...which would involve basically every female in attendance leaving with him.
Heh.. I could imagine with a low Cunning he might just want to blurt it out whereas with a higher Cunning he might more keep that thought to himself.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
ch8s15dinahnightcap02.jpg

First, some unexpected personal news. I got notified Wednesday night about a family emergency. I'll be leaving this weekend to deal with that, and won't be back for a few days. After today, I don't anticipate getting anything done on TBaK for about a week. Unfortunately, this won't be a vacation. Now back to the regularly scheduled dev update.

Great progress this week on Chapter 8. Almost too smooth. I guess all those improvements are really adding up now. With renders in full swing, there isn't much else to report. A reminder that past progress doesn't indicate how quickly things will go in the future, but I'm ahead of schedule. I changed things up a bit this time and started with the lewd scenes first. Those are not all done, but they are the largest. Figured I would give changing up my scene render setup order a try to see if it made any difference. Too soon to say, especially with so many scenes still left. But, so far, I've enjoyed the change in how I setup renders.

progress-bar.jpg

Other than that, I've been working on some things I'll be announcing to higher tier patrons over the next few weeks. The latter half of 2022 and all of 2023 is shaping up to be an interesting one here. Especially now that I'm slowing whittling down my massive to do list of fixes and improvements. Still have a few more big things to take care of between the release of Chapter 8 and the start of Chapter 9's development, but I'm really hoping that will be the last batch of big things.

Hope you all have been enjoying the previews. I'll have a few more before release. Before I know it, it will be time to turn my attention to the Chapter 10 script, as I have Chapter 9's written and edited. Hoping I can stay a release a two ahead on the story. With the current render pace, that may be a bit more difficult than I anticipated. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Valdazz

Apr 8, 2019
Goddamnit! i want all the princesses, but they are so jealous. Aaaaaah! i need to punch something:mad:

3.90 star(s) 81 Votes