• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
progress-bar.jpg

Development Update #59
I survived! It has not been a pleasant couple of weeks here, but I managed to make it back from my unexpected and highly terrible trip without any physical damage to me or my car. I also got some work done on To Be A King, as well. There wasn't much creatively going on the last two weeks, thanks to real life stress, so I tried to take it easy. Longtime supporters will know that Roy doesn't really have a "take it easy" mode, so I only dialed back my normal activities to a more moderate level.

Not a massive amount of render progress due to my time away and reduced energy level, but I did get one major thing done. To Be A King has its final chapters outlined with some preliminary scene notes. Detailed outlines for chapters 10-11 are complete, as well. I made sure to get a good balance of content for the different paths without mega releases. It feels good to have that behind me.

As far as future releases, I'm making some small changes. These 1300-1500 render releases with 30+ scenes are taking too long to get out, and I also think my poor beta team could use a break from a solid week of testing per release. Future chapters will be smaller, but still much larger than the average size of the first four chapters (if you remember how short those were). I'm aiming for 800-1000 renders per chapter from here on out (and knowing me, we are likely to trend much closer to that 1000 mark). Assuming no massive life interruptions, and lord knows those seem to happen far too regularly, I can get releases out roughly every three months with that release size.

After Chapter 8 is done, getting the Volume 1 release ready for Steam is my top priority. Not sure how long that will take, but I need to quit pushing that off. Other than that, there is a lot of writing in my future. A couple more chapters, and I'll need new environments and a few new character models too.

Two final notes. High tier ($10+) patrons can look for a very interesting announcement in the 7-10 days. Also, assuming I can get back to something close to my normal render pace, there will be a July release of Chapter 8. I'll be back with another dev update soon. If you're here in the United States, have a great 4th of July weekend!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
good game, i hope there will be some altercation between the swedish girl and the servant girl in the future, that would be interesting.
what swedish girl? if you mean that viking girl then she's danish.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
what swedish girl? if you mean that viking girl then she's danish.
She's from Småland in what is now Sweden. But since the Southerners can't tell them apart, they're still called Danes in the South. This was covered in chapter 6.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
She's from Småland in what is now Sweden. But since the Southerners can't tell them apart, they're still called Danes in the South. This was covered in chapter 6.
yes it's sweden now but time game is set it wasn't sweden.

fastflier

Oct 29, 2018
To Be A King (v0.6.1) - Cheats + Gallery + Walkthrough Mod

Devloper : ITroy

Game Version : 0.6.1
Mod Version : 0.6.1

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download :

Cheat/Gallery/Walkthrough Mod : Mega

Unofficial Android Port With Mod : Mega

You can also find here:

View attachment 1145013 View attachment 1145014 View attachment 1145015 View attachment 1145016 View attachment 1145017
Hi, can you pls update the android version ported with the mod? thx!

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Can't remember if I asked this before, not sure if it was ever answered, and don't really know what to search for to see if it's come up before, so I'll ask now.

Is there a way to "reactivate" a specific girl if you've already rejected them, or are they gone for good after you've passed on that one opportunity? Last time I played through on an earlier version of the game I rejected the youngest princess' crush on me because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but then the goddess shows up afterward and starts pushing you towards harem-ing it up. Didn't get far enough to see if there was a second opportunity after that to pursue options you'd already passed on, or if they're basically done for good.

Reactions: The D0n

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Can't remember if I asked this before, not sure if it was ever answered, and don't really know what to search for to see if it's come up before, so I'll ask now.

Is there a way to "reactivate" a specific girl if you've already rejected them, or are they gone for good after you've passed on that one opportunity? Last time I played through on an earlier version of the game I rejected the youngest princess' crush on me because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but then the goddess shows up afterward and starts pushing you towards harem-ing it up. Didn't get far enough to see if there was a second opportunity after that to pursue options you'd already passed on, or if they're basically done for good.
From what I remember you get 2 bites at the pie, they do ask later if you want to pursue them. After that nada.

Like you I was focusing on one until that goddess scene.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 1918170

Also, I don't think popcorn is available to the General. It is made from corn which is from America after all. America hasn't been discovered yet in this story I presume.
Hence the joke about wondering whether it's been invented yet...
Clearly they missed the joke. Having two anachronistic references in the same choice apparently isn't enough clearly to show it's meant in jest.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
This game is weird. Roman soldiers living in an actual roman town (Caudium is/was a real place in Italy), but with Medieval dress code on the women and all non military men and all the buildings are medieval as well. With all the talk of the invasions from the north and east I'd assume this was supposed to be set in late roman history...but I guess that wasn't the intention. Nice detailing on the roman armour and weapons. Not 100% sure if there is one princess (or other woman) who is supposed to be the love interest. To tell you the truth, I'm not really in to Valentina. Cassia is really nice, the other generals daughter is not that nice either, the tavern owner though....wow. Wonder if there is any action to be had with the Queen..she seems to be the only woman so far that would be out of reach....though I guess time will tell

Reactions: The Sailor Man

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
This game is weird. Roman soldiers living in an actual roman town (Caudium is/was a real place in Italy), but with Medieval dress code on the women and all non military men and all the buildings are medieval as well. With all the talk of the invasions from the north and east I'd assume this was supposed to be set in late roman history...but I guess that wasn't the intention. Nice detailing on the roman armour and weapons. Not 100% sure if there is one princess (or other woman) who is supposed to be the love interest. To tell you the truth, I'm not really in to Valentina. Cassia is really nice, the other generals daughter is not that nice either, the tavern owner though....wow. Wonder if there is any action to be had with the Queen..she seems to be the only woman so far that would be out of reach....though I guess time will tell
The game plays around the 8th century iirc.
An alternate version where Rome was sacked some 400 years ago, but the western roman empire did recover (with Caudium as the capital) and the empire didn't split.

Well yeah, Valentina is a pain in the ass. That being said, Aelina and Kayalan (the generals daughter) did a real nosedive in the last update imo.
My favorites are Flora (servant), Eliana (tavern owner), Goddess Anna and Estrid.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes