Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I have tried all three but quickly stopped as the graphics were meh and/or the MC didn't look very hot to me. Also all these games are still v0.x. Let me know if I'm missing a potential gem but none of these games really impressed me like TML did.

Btw I can also add one to your list (in development but you might enjoy it):
[MATEYDEV] Project Elimination (first post is outdated, the game was 2D but is 3D now and the dev progresses very fast)

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I have tried all three but quickly stopped as the graphics were meh and/or the MC didn't look very hot to me. Also all these games are still v0.x. Let me know if I'm missing a potential gem but none of these games really impressed me like TML did.

Btw I can also add one to your list (in development but you might enjoy it):
[MATEYDEV] Project Elimination (first post is outdated, the game was 2D but is 3D now and the dev progresses very fast)
That's a 2D side scroller though I was on about 3D games. And in fact the project you linked is abandoned. That was the original game and below is the new one he is working on;
https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

His patreon post explaining it;

Of the 3 I mentioned Last Barbarian is the most promising and has the most content I think game length is now circa 10+ hours and the content is really good (in my opinion) you can also customise the MC a bit as well so maybe that will help with the looks? Obviously you have to like the fantasy setting with demons, succubus, werewolves, vampires, orcs etc....

If you are also considering 2D side scrollers, check out Hounds of Meteor. It is perhaps the best at the moment in that category and has a lot of quality content. Game length at moment is also hitting the 10+ hour mark as a rough estimation so quite a lot of content there.
https://f95zone.to/threads/hounds-of-the-meteor-v2022-03-02-dogfactory.59980/

Last edited:
Reactions: Darthcrop

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017

jackoz98

Feb 23, 2019
For those who havent realised, there is more than the single oral H scene. i fell into one of the traps outside the safe zone and got grabbed by 2 zombos and it did a DP H scene which was pretty good

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Perelik

May 12, 2019
In the last version when I opened a box I can use the items I gather from enemies like wallets and supply box. Now in 0.5c I can not see my inventory anywhere... is this is because is preview?

Shiny_

Game Developer
Apr 29, 2020
I can not see my inventory anywhere... is this is because is preview?
Hello, can you take a screenshot with inventory panel pls? I'd never remove game mechanics from a preview, it's a bug I guess.

aktzv

Jan 7, 2018
Sorry but does anyone know password to unpack the rar file? A didnt found it anywhere at this site, and yes I try search engine.
Thank you very much

Feb 25, 2018
I am stuck. I went to Crystal Lake Sewer and completed the challenge. Now it says to go talk to Adriano for a reward but the first door won't open. It seems like there are two instances of the door, one that can open when activating the electrical switch, and another one permanently closed. I can't leave because of this.

aktzv

Jan 7, 2018
Where did you download this from? No password exists! Show the link from where you downloaded!
Or do you have your own principle, asked a question and ran away for a week?
From Mixdrop Link at this site:

NeverDeck

Apr 25, 2017
Give me an example of a finished, good adult game that has realistic, real-time 3D rendering like this one?

There's literally none.

The rare ones that tried are either in ABANDONED state or are still in alpha state after 5+ years.
Latest Updates -> tags "3d game" -> status "completed". Wow, there's literally none, huh? Just...not a single one! Nope, none!

Because developing an adult 3D game is a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL of time and investment than any other game, especially the games posted on this site which are 90% RenPy/RPGM.

The vast majority of 3D games here are rip-offs which all reuse the same assets, low-poly models, have clipping and 0 attention to detail. TML has their own model, animation, rendering, paid voice actor, decent optimization, etc. In fact, I'd say the current approach of TML is probably the most unproductive way to earn money, by the time it takes to complete games like this, those who have the skills to makeit ended up finding a real job which pays 2x higher.

No need to look at the past, actually. Look at the recent adult 3d games on DLsite/Steam and tell me, is this the type of games you're looking for and the industry you want to support:
  • rushed games which all reuse the same 3d assets, low-polygon models, lazy sounds and story
  • with tons of bugs, clipping in animations, absurd difficulty or level design, because the developer did not have time to test the game
  • who don't care AT ALL about the non-Japanese market because it is not profitable enough (so we get shitty MTL translation/censoring)

These are sometimes good games, don't get me wrong, but it's clear that the devs do not have time to do what they wanted. That's what you get when you want to keep the costs as low as possible and squeeze the dev to work as fast as they can.

Keep in mind, someone who makes a good game which gets 5 000 sales on DLsite (and say 10$ per sale), that makes him 50 000$ before expenses, DLsite margin, and taxes, so something like ~25 000$ income after. That is 2x below the average annual salary of a normal developer so you have to pump literally 2 games per year just to get a normal salary, and you still don't have all the advantages of a normal developer (eg. building a career, knowing that you won't get unemployed in the near future, and that even if you do your experience will be useful for another job).

The adult game industry is extremely niche, especially outside of Japan. You cannot buy a game 10$ and expect the dev to live comfortably with it. The "thousands of indie games" you're speaking about are targeting a casual audience which has MILLIONS of potential customers, so they can sometimes make profit out of it, but DLsite top sellers rarely exceed 10 000 sales.

Have you ever wondered why we see more and more fiascos like Cyberpunk, Fallout 76, BF2042 ?

That's actually for the same reason.

Basically, the video game industry only attracts bad developers nowadays, because good developers, have realized that the video game industry is too stressful, too poorly paid, and too risky in general.

15-20 years ago, developers were viewed as nerds, not really considered a real job, so good developers were OK to sacrifice their life and time to develop a video game, they wouldn't easily find another job.

But nowadays, software is 1000x more important than 15 years ago, so good developers are much more demanded than before, and paid much higher than before, they know that their expertise is viewed as a valuable skill. To develop a good game, one needs to be able to write a solid code, read lengthy and complex documentations, fix bugs, understand optimization, but those who know how to do all of that, could as well just write software for finance, AI, cybersecurity, or any field which barely existed 20 years ago and pays 3x more than video game development today.
Bud, you wrote an entire essay and didn't even understand the assignment. No one is saying the developers shouldn't be supported. The point is, being supported shouldn't be a hard requirement for the game to improve. Improvement of the game will naturally bring backers and supporters. It's also kind of interesting to see you use DLSite as your income metric, and completely ignore the significantly larger market Steam reaches. For the record, Seed of the Dead: Sweet Home, has around 50-100k sales according to the steam data. Even on the low end, at $30 a pop, that's $1.5 million (before fees and taxes). That's steam sales alone. Miss me with that "no sales" rhetoric.

And to be clear, my gripe with Patreon developers isn't specific to the TML dev. With how crowd funding works, developers are very specifically increntized to dangle the carrot and NOT finish the product. If they finish the product, they run the risk of needing a new idea and having it be a miss with their backers, thus losing their stream of income. It's far easier to just tease your backers along for years and milk the cash cow that is Patreon. Just look at the developer of Bad Bobby lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Trigard

flame_bandit

May 31, 2018
Dude i downloaded from this damn file hosting, and as a result the archive is broken, he doesn't want passwords he's just broken!
I spent 2 hours to download from there, and as a result the file is broken!
do not use this d****** file sharing service, it's a waste of time! People who upload files there, they think about their own benefit, not about people who will download it!
thats what i said some time ago that i couldnt unzip, well unlucky i guess i will try the other options

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes