Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

hornydit

Feb 5, 2020
To everybody asking about the maximum version, you really aren't missing anything. As it is right now the game has some technical improvements but has basically regressed in almost every other way. If you're trying to attract people to your patreon, releasing preview versions with 0 content is probably the worst way to go about it.

Reactions: ThatCrew

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
Am I allowed to post a link like this here?

Its an odd post on SVScomics
First of all, it states that shinekuku uploaded themself.
But in combination with version "0.5d maximum" it gets even less credible.

I am guessing the uploader is a pretender and uploaded "0.5d preview" and might want to sneak in some viruses?

hornydit

Feb 5, 2020
What's the best way?
That really depends on the game, how quickly updates come out, and as a dev how open and able you are about integrating community feedback. The first rule is always: If your game can stand on its own two legs people will support development even if the game is free.

The games I support are all free and for my support I only get some discord benefits and in some cases early access to new builds by like a week but I mainly support those games because I played them, liked them, and decided I wanted to support the devs to make more, if there had been an upfront asking price, I probably wouldn't have paid that. From the POV of the average F95 user, downloading a 4GB game only to realise it has 1 or 2 extra animations more than a version he played 3 months ago isn't really selling the game.

That being said, not all models might work for everyone and every type of game. A game like TML has needed and will probably need optimisation and while I enjoy that the game now runs much better than when I first tried it, most people want to see gradual increase in content for their money.

I guess my answer would be this: Allow your ideas and the quality of the game to speak for itself, at least in the beginning. That way it will be exposed to more people some of whom will be willing to pay to support development. Once you get more content and polish you can start thinking about an asking price, maybe even a steam release.

hornydit

Feb 5, 2020
My game is free, my patrons have only early access to new builds and discord benefits.
Then updating the F95 page with the maximum version, or even the full 0.6 update when it becomes avaiable for everyone rather than having preview builds would probably be a better first impression for newcomers, even if the time between updates would be longer. Better to have players eagerly await each update than have the thread be full of people asking "is it worth downloading".

But maybe you've already tried this and are having more success with the way you are handling things now, in which case my argument sucks :D

abao

Mar 20, 2018
  • New Inventory for clothes.
So how exactly do you call up the inventory? Can't find any inventory button in the keybind menu

Reactions: zz7989

abao

Mar 20, 2018
Ok. A few suggestions:
  1. camera offset from -50 to 50 instead of 25 to 50. Personally I prefer 0, and I'm sure some people would prefer the camera to be her left.
  2. Cum in body decrease slower. We have the push cum out option, no need to fear a slow decrease would make it miserable to play with if the cum starts mattering in later updates.
  3. An infinite weapon that don't run out. Can be really really weak, but at least it makes sure you're not stuck if you have nothing. I don't know if there's anything implemented to give you some ammos or such once you run out, but I wouldn't want to risk finding out the hard way.
  4. Map. Game needs a map. Can be a placeholder crappy until a final one is worked in, doesn't need to be too detailed or anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: zz7989

abao

Mar 20, 2018
Just what Hscenes are there? I've only seen:

1. zombie throat fuck
  2. zombie double fuck
  3. white-ish zombie ass fuck
  4. oral from gun seller (can't remember the dialogue options to see that, but I remember seeing that scene in a much earlier version)

And that's it. Anything I missed?

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
I might be missing something
But I am starving and I couldn´t find any food so far.
If there isnt any nutrion in the game yet, I think its a bad idea to implement / activate starving damage.

It makes it impossible to complete the sewers for a new or slow player since you will starve about there and hardly can go back to the village (if there even is food)

Aside from that, I love how the game is getting better and better.
Great job on the grapple overhaul.

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes