Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

jcloud212

Dec 23, 2018
Shinekuku
Some ideas:
2. More damage for the shotgun
12. A little more kick for the AK47.
Please not more Power, make them more interesting.

The Shotgun could be devastating in close Quarters but useless long-Range (like in Reality), add Spread and Throwback this would allow for more fun/advanced Tactics and Combat.

The AK is a boring addition, just another rapid-fire Weapon, a long-Range Weapon like a Rifle (at least a Scoped AK) would have been more interesting.

Shinekuku
Some ideas:
3. Ability to 'dodge' zombies when they try to grab you. (Before the quick time event starts).
4. The grab QTE should be a little bit harder. Each consecutive grab should be harder to escape.
This QuickTime-Event should be Harder the more Zombies surround the Player (maybe even impossible at a certain Number), not necessarily by consecutive-ness (that could be implemented in some Dodging-Mechanism with Fatigue).

Shinekuku
Some ideas:
5. A compass or minimap or map to tell where the heck I'm supposed to go.
The Compass would be helpful, since it would allow for easier Directions in Briefings, but please avoid including a Player-Navigation-System with shiny Arrows. (A Game becomes forgettable the more the Brain is left out.)

Shinekuku
Some ideas:
6. Make a Jump button, or have smoother level design. I kept getting stuck on tiny little ledges.
7. The wave fight in the sewer was too long.
JUMP. Yes, absolutely, i want to Jump. Please (could also be Part of some Dodging)

The wave Fight could be even longer ;) , if it had a little more Variety besides the Zombies just rushing the Player (let some of them stay around Corners in the far away Section of this Map, maybe add some Ground/Location/Proximity-Triggers beside the Timed one.)
--- "Make the Area dangerous again" :cool:

Thanks dusty stu for the Ideas i could build upon. (I still facepalmed because of some Lazyness in your List, wich has already been adressed by others.)

Last edited:
Reactions: franckyky21

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The Shotgun could be devastating in close Quarters but useless long-Range (like in Reality), add Spread and Throwback this would allow for more fun/advanced Tactics and Combat.
Shotguns being a super short range thing is pretty game exclusive for balancing. Shotguns irl short of birdshot/buckshot or something actually are deadly at quite a decent range. There are slugs that have a similar effective range as some handguns.

There's a youtube vid called "How Far Will a 12 Gauge Shotgun Kill?" that tests different ammo, kinda interesting. Something I didn't know is how even the weaker bullets are still lethal at quite a distance, they're just so inaccurate that you can't rely on it. Could always get lucky and still kill with them though. I wonder if there are any games that tried to emulate that rng instead of just saying "This gun does no damage past x range".

Last edited:

jcloud212

Dec 23, 2018
Re-add the Ammo Exploit, you will loose Respect/Interest to the Grind. At least until you fleshed out the Ammo-Mechanics to make scarce Ammo an interesting Game-play Aspect.

jcloud212

Dec 23, 2018
Shotguns being a super short range thing is pretty game exclusive for balancing. Shotguns irl short of birdshot/buckshot or something actually are deadly at quite a decent range. There are slugs that have a similar effective range as some handguns.

There's a youtube vid called "How Far Will a 12 Gauge Shotgun Kill?" that tests different ammo, kinda interesting. Something I didn't know is how even the weaker bullets are still lethal at quite a distance, they're just so inaccurate that you can't rely on it. Could always get lucky and still kill with them though. I wonder if there are any games that tried to emulate that rng instead of just saying "This gun does no damage past x range".
In my Search on the first Page was an Article "How Far Will A Shotgun Shoot: The Complete Breakdown"
from "outdoorfact" which had a Link to the Video you meant. Yes, i underestimated their Reach.
But 100 meters are far from Long-Range, even the Longbow manages that.
True the working Range exceeds that of the Handgun, but long-Range is more about 500-1500 meters like in "marineapproved" 's "15 Best Long Range Rifles in 2020". Calling a Shotgun longranged is a hard & long Stretch.

"Shotguns being a super short range thing in Games" is new to me, i remember them more as being overpowered (even at long Distances) but slow loading, guess i should use them more often in my future Gaming.

jcloud212

Dec 23, 2018
Anyone have a walkthrough? I can't get past that forest with zombie I can't find the key to that door near the helicopter.
Download the newest Version, the Key is NOT included in the one you have. After that you will get the Key from the Gun Dealer as Part of a Mission.

NemisXue

Aug 25, 2017
So when is someone going to put the patreon version on here so we can get the vintage clothes?

Theonesmith

May 1, 2020
The graphics look amazing now!! Wish we had more animations, also noticed a bug when being chased by zombies if you goto the heli area by the locked door the zombies will quit chasing you and go into the wall of the door and disappear.

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
In my Search on the first Page was an Article "How Far Will A Shotgun Shoot: The Complete Breakdown"
from "outdoorfact" which had a Link to the Video you meant. Yes, i underestimated their Reach.
But 100 meters are far from Long-Range, even the Longbow manages that.
True the working Range exceeds that of the Handgun, but long-Range is more about 500-1500 meters like in "marineapproved" 's "15 Best Long Range Rifles in 2020". Calling a Shotgun longranged is a hard & long Stretch.

"Shotguns being a super short range thing in Games" is new to me, i remember them more as being overpowered (even at long Distances) but slow loading, guess i should use them more often in my future Gaming.
I completely agree with you, but in practice, how many 500-metre-shots are you routinely taking in games? Or, more specifically, in this one?
90% of 'Long range' in shooters is what in reality would still constitute 'Range for proper handgun work' or 'Not really close quarters anymore, but far from long range, nonetheless' ... ;)

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah I wasn't saying shotguns are super long range or comparing them to rifles, just basically saying the video game trope of "Shotguns can't kill beyond 10-30 feet" is full of shit, lol. Even most the short range ammo options are lethal beyond that range. 50 feet is actually quite a distance in most video games and most rl ammo can manage that.

The closest kind of ammo to rl stuff that video games use is around birdshot range wise, which is pretty weird in games where your goal is to kill people right? Should at least be using buckshot. Birdshot isn't really designed for penetration. 100 feet is probably all the range you'd need in a game like this and buckshot can manage that. I certainly understand why the trope exists as shotguns would be fucking OP if they worked like they do in rl though.

Just watched a dude testing buckshot at 40 yards and the target is so tiny you probably wouldn't consider taking a shot at it in a video game without a scope at that range, and it still kills. The zombie/whatever would be smaller than the crosshair around that range.

Welp, I learned more about shotguns anyways lol.

Last edited:

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Shinekuku
Some ideas:
1. Quieter footstoops on the metal
2. More damage for the shotgun
3. Ability to 'dodge' zombies when they try to grab you. (Before the quick time event starts).
4. The grab QTE should be a little bit harder. Each consecutive grab should be harder to escape.
5. A compass or minimap or map to tell where the heck I'm supposed to go.
6. Make a Jump button, or have smoother level design. I kept getting stuck on tiny little ledges.
7. The wave fight in the sewer was too long.
8. Zombies should have dicks on their models, in addition to their grab attacks.
9. Bigger and more creampies! Dripping cum from vag!
10. Zombie double team if get grabbed when 2 zombies nearby.
11. I couldn't get the crouch to work, but maybe it was just me?
12. A little more kick for the AK47.
13. Make the reload symbol not cover the middle of the screen / crosshairs.
To expand and elaborate:

2. TimeToKill is pretty important in an fps. The shotgun takes 1.2 seconds to pump. The ttk for the shotgun is 3-6 shots, so about 6 seconds. The TTk for the pistol is 3-7 shots, but if you are good aim, only about 1-2 seconds. IE, the pistols is 3x as good at killing enemies as the shotgun. Therefore, the shotgun needs to be about doubled or triple in damage.

8. If there was an option for dicks I didn't see it.
10. If double team H attacks were a thing, I didn't encounter them. Despite being surrounded by zombies multiple times.

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
holy crap what is that specs! even warframe world map run smoother on my 1050 2gb and 4 gb ram PC
that was something i noticed a lot too, the game feels even heavier and unstable than the previous version, and it's not a matter of VRAM or CPU consumption, it's just consuming tons of RAM when it shouldn't, since it's a relatively small map

also, where is the part of the detective outfit that is "somewhere in the deep"? looked in every corner in the sewers and on the lake, yet couldn't find anything

on yet another note, an option to disable post production (chromatic aberration, motion blur, bloom -preferably seperately) would come in very handy

Reactions: Vendrik Valgar

yanghaozippo

Sep 15, 2020
that was something i noticed a lot too, the game feels even heavier and unstable than the previous version, and it's not a matter of VRAM or CPU consumption, it's just consuming tons of RAM when it shouldn't, since it's a relatively small map

also, where is the part of the detective outfit that is "somewhere in the deep"? looked in every corner in the sewers and on the lake, yet couldn't find anything

on yet another note, an option to disable post production (chromatic aberration, motion blur, bloom -preferably seperately) would come in very handy
At the bottom of the lake

jcloud212

Dec 23, 2018
8. If there was an option for dicks I didn't see it.
10. If double team H attacks were a thing, I didn't encounter them. Despite being surrounded by zombies multiple times.
8. seems like it was removed in the newest Version
10. this might be Patreon only, it's a while i watched the Animations (but think i saw the Double back then)

nierudan : It was definitely at the Bottom of the large Lake by the Greenhouse. There was a Bug where You would have to do this Mission in one Go, since exiting the Game would mess up some Triggers hindering the Appearance of the Costume.
You might need to delete Your Save to restart this Mission. (please use the Search-Function for that. The Steps have already been posted here, i don't remember them right now)

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes