Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

denilol

Apr 16, 2020
2- when I completed it, I got cash and experience. I might have gotten the outfit too, but IDK since I just dev consoled the outfits in.
3- the save/load UI is kind of clunky atm. I thought I was trying to overwrite a save, but really I was loading. It's "s" to save in a shared save/load screen.
4- Tab to open inventory is a strange choice. It's so close to wasd, it'd be more useful for something action related. But I agree, it'd be nice if it was at least listed in the keybinding section.
How did you access the dev console? I couldn't find a dev build of this version

Reactions: Maccafloy
Feb 11, 2020
Okay, quick summary to answer questions people have asked:

- Preview ver. doesn't have outfits (other than the twintail swimsuit, which you earn from completing all twintail range challenges to S tier), nor does it have a working console.
- Old saves (from previous versions) won't work because of the new version. I feel like that should be a given. Any other issues with loading saves are just bugs.
- Boss doesn't have an H scene in the preview I think. Otherwise, there's no new H scenes. No, it's not the dog from the older builds, and it has a different H scene to the dog.
- Yes there are a lot of bugs, be patient.
- New cumflation system is fully animated and functioning as far as I am aware. I don't know if it's in the preview version, but just in case, you should check the 'h content' part of the menu in case you have it turned off. I know the first thing I checked was that, to make sure it was turned off before I started playing.
- You get money by completing quests and looting zombies, they will have wallets and survivor supply, which you will need to open ('use') to get the money from. Survivor supply will only sometimes give money (I think, I'm not 100% on that) but will give other things like scrap and ammo, while wallets will only give money.
- Additional keybinds that might be missed by people are - 'K' for the skill tree (IDK if that's in the preview), 'tab' for the inventory, and 'H' for the keybinds display.
- There's no cheats (unless you count using the console to get outfits in the maximum version)
- There's no swamp. There is an underground area (sewers), which might be what people are referring to?

If you want the maximum version you can pay the 4 dollars for the advanced tier of the patreon and support the dev, or wait until the next version to be released. I'm sure there will be bug fixes and stuff in the meantime, and maybe Shine will add the boss H scene to the preview if she's feeling generous.

Nonyatool

Formerly 'NitroSM'
Dec 1, 2018
Hmm. Based on my reading of this forum the preview builds are limited compared to maximum builds.
Can there be a separate download link for the latest preview and latest maximum builds?
I don't want to download the preview build if the maximum was previously available here.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Here's a boss tip, don't sprint to avoid his attacks but instead dodge roll, it may not look like it but the roll itself has very generous iframes and the charge attack the boss does has INSANE range. If you're playing the preview version it makes it (I presume) harder because instead of trying to initiate a scene when you're knocked down he instead follows up with another attack so without any health upgrades (or the perk that makes you get up quicker maybe) you can fuck up once, get hit a 2nd time and you're toast. Stamina I feel like is a much more important resource so I had that maxed at the time at the expense of everything else.

Personally I don't think disabling the animations is a good idea for different versions, given the nature of the game it can affect game balance in a big way.

I had a save bug that I can't replicate. I saved in front of the sewer with a scar and plenty of crafted ammo. Reloaded to that save from within the sewer due to being stuck in combat only to find my scar gone and inventory rolled back to an earlier state. Saved again back at the base and reloaded and all of a sudden I had a shotgun.

Only real feedback I can give so far is that I think the bosses charge attack needs to have its aoe portion shortened to make it a little less frustrating or give it more visual fx to make it easier to predict where the safe zones are. Also the zombies hitboxes are a bit wonky when they're getting up, sometimes I could damage them sometimes not, made the assault rifle a better choice in my opinion.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Yeez i was so frustrated of how buggy it was.
The sprinting is so scuffed, you get killed cuz of it easily and once you escape you die immediately again, unpossible to escape.
Quests bugged no progress..
Im confused, is this just a limited version or there is another full verion of the game?

Reactions: Maccafloy

elmuty24

Jul 6, 2020
yup, I restarted the whole thing, it doesn't even take that long to finish... Noooo clue as to where and how the "new H-animations" are.

In fact, the changelog is like as if the dev is trolling us. Can anyone clarify the precise additions made by any chance?
Your toxic opinion is very wrong, I am also sure that you should not even be subscribed to their patreon, you play for free and on top of that you complain, what you have to do as someone who plays for free is to watch in silence and accept what they give you until it arrives something you really like

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
Your toxic opinion is very wrong, I am also sure that you should not even be subscribed to their patreon, you play for free and on top of that you complain, what you have to do as someone who plays for free is to watch in silence and accept what they give you until it arrives something you really like
In my mind I would instantly agree with you. Like "you get stuff here for free, so just shut up and stop complaining".
But I learned that's not the right way, when I shared a similar opinion on the KoD thread. If things and produced stuff get's public, even on a piracy website, there is a right for everyone to share their comments and ideas about it.
People who subscribe on other websites don't have more "right" to comment, than other users.

The best you can do, is to stay polite at all times and explain why some things are how they are. If a person or comments puts you off, you just ignore it. If the comment was truly toxic, you could just report it and it would be removed.

His comment just showed, that he downloaded the game, looked at the changelog and thought "sweet an update". Played thru, didn't find something and wanted to complain.
And all could have been prevented if he read the comment from tomwilliams9911.
*Edit: Well, the comment from tomwilliams9911 did come out later, so sometimes you got to wait to get your answers or keep trying. :LOL:

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
I disagree with the idea "shut the fuck up if you're not their patreon"
Shoulda be like, "dont post this game here for free unless you dont wanna see people shit on your game"

Simple as that. Whos there to tell you to just sit in silence and just watch, its a fucking forum if you didnt realize

denilol

Apr 16, 2020
I disagree with the idea "shut the fuck up if you're not their patreon"
Shoulda be like, "dont post this game here for free unless you dont wanna see people shit on your game"

Simple as that. Whos there to tell you to just sit in silence and just watch, its a fucking forum if you didnt realize
This is still rude and ignorant. Shitting on a game to begin with is uncalled for. If there's constructive criticism, fine. But shitting on it solely because you're not able to play the full version for free is some choosing beggar sort of thing.

Jan 18, 2021
So...this trap thing needs addressed ASAP, it's a 100% game ending problem. I got caught in one on the way back to the base, and there were no zombies to break me out as I killed them as instructed. With only 2 skill points to spend, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get out of it.
The part that bothers me is that the dev knew about it before this release and it has NOT been addressed. I'm a dev myself, and I would NEVER release a new version with a Game Ender that I KNEW ABOUT still in it...

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
So...this trap thing needs addressed ASAP, it's a 100% game ending problem. I got caught in one on the way back to the base, and there were no zombies to break me out as I killed them as instructed. With only 2 skill points to spend, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get out of it.
The part that bothers me is that the dev knew about it before this release and it has NOT been addressed. I'm a dev myself, and I would NEVER release a new version with a Game Ender that I KNEW ABOUT still in it...
Thats a bold claim to make :eek:
even AAA devs release games with bugs they know about, (granted many times is cuz of money grabbing release dates but not always).
I am curious, can you name a few titles you developed, would like to check em out
like above poster said, criticism is fine, no matter if you paid or not, but at least, make it reasonable and constructive.

having that said, I wish most these toxic and nonsensical discussions about paying/not paying would stop, its really silly to discuss them here, of all places.
Fact is most developers don't deserve the money they demand of their fans for their "product", not even referring to scammers - and there are a lot of them - but the fact that most of them make way more money than they would make selling individual copies at full price while not delivering even half of a worthy game for the sum, whats wrong with pirating those companies/individuals, and then if they turn up to be worthy - support them?

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
Hello sir, how do you do it? If I hadn't released a new version until all the bugs were fixed, I would never have released a new version.
Ain't that the truth, Any videogame released even back in the days of NES, had their bugs in them to begin with but they still got as many as they could and released the product... hell, I did QA for two years on a game and helped debug write programming to fix the problems and we would still come across problems in the game regardless...

No game EVER is released that is BUG free.

Reactions: Shiny_
Jan 18, 2021
Hello sir, how do you do it? If I hadn't released a new version until all the bugs were fixed, I would never have released a new version.
I'm not saying that ALL the bugs need to be fixed, but I DO think that known issues that could be a game ender should be addressed before a release.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes