Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Well, if you've played Chasing Beth, then you know that we're willing to have "actors" work in both universes. But Toro 7 does not take place in the future of the Elsaverse.

That said, let's continue this discussion after Ep2 comes out. There will be more to say, then. :)

Tlaero

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Tora!

well played this update and bit meanie to block some femmes behind non-hetero paths, good graphics (bit too smoothy although), story was nice start.

Tlaero can you tell where you and your partner in games live?

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Huh. I was 100 % sure I'd read that Mortze was in the Czech Republic. I'm obviously very wrong, but I wonder why on Earth I thought that...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so you just added random swedish word to game to make 1 npc more swedish.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I have to live with random german gibberish in movies, just to make the antagonist more believable. So deal with it :p
not against it, was just curious since other than english words (unless speaker is foreign) is somewhat rare thing.

Turska

Jun 10, 2018
That's just normal writer "worldbuilding". You put in little things that build background and character for places/people/objects. So I wouldn't call it random. I bet even the word choice was deliberate.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
It's not random. He was talking about something that has a name, and he used that name. If he was an American on a Spanish speaking station, but had served in the Marine Corps, he would have said "Marine Corps" not translate it into Spanish.

Tlaero

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
I don't mean this as criticism, because it's really nitpicky, but I don't think any Swede who served in Försvarsmakten would say that, honestly. It's the name of the government branch that organises the army, the navy, and the air force. It's not comparable to the marine corps - more like saying he trabajado para el defense department, without translating it.

I certainly wouldn't have noticed if I didn't speak Swedish, though.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Darn, that means I misunderstood what I read and got it wrong. Is there a better word for me to use?

Tlaero

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
Finally had time to play the game.

It's really a solid start. On point writing and beautiful renders... so basically what we all expect from a Tora Production :)

Orcas on Europa and a Lovecraft quote... can't wait to see where it is going.

Darn, that means I misunderstood what I read and got it wrong. Is there a better word for me to use?

Tlaero
It depends...
I guess you want him as swedish equivalent to a marine? The Swedish Navy has the Amphibious Corps (Swedish: Amfibiekåren) and in this corps different regiments. F.e. 1st Marine Regiment (Swedish: Stockholms amfibieregemente, AMF 1)

If you want him to be more like a Navy Seal it would still be the Amphibious Corps but after training in the 1st Marine Regiment, he would have gone to the Coastal Ranger Company (202nd) (Swedish: Kustjägarna)

That's what I got after a bit of research, if any Swede wants to correct me, feel free to do so :)

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes