OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
as someone already mentioned, this aint twitter. so if you wanna cry me a river about a trans character and wanna debate biology, take it to off-topic.

P.S: as hard as it is to accept, this is a fantasy a game so even if you wanna debate in off-topic use a bit of that thing between your ears :HideThePain: :HideThePain: :HideThePain:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
as someone already mentioned, this aint twitter. so if you wanna cry me a river about a trans character and wanna debate biology, take it to off-topic.

P.S: as hard as it is to accept, this is a fantasy a game so even if you wanna debate in off-topic use a bit of that thing between your ears :HideThePain: :HideThePain: :HideThePain:
Respectfully, this doesn't feel like the right call to me. The discussion was about the appearance and characterization of one of the characters in the game. And both of the game's developers as well as one of the game's translators were involved in it. Was the discussion really off topic?

Tlaero

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1681500900012.png

MC: LEt us be straight with eachother, doctor: Security of this facility is my charge.
When it comes to reducing tensions and eliminating threats, what you describe is a huge red flag.

As any reader of Shakespeare would tell you, killings stemmed from bitterness, angst, jealousy or
love are the most common themes cellebrated in literature across millenia and thus, ingrained into human way of seeing things and interpreting relationships in each and every one of us.
You are describing a -no me time environment- in the moments everyone is in their most vulnerable
situation - reduced to bare biology, bare to the primordial feelings of either love or jealousy, as the age old tale of Cain and Abel would tell us even brotherly love gives way to jealousy and murder.

Mar 18, 2023
I love the way that Tlaero writes, and I love the way that Mortze composes images. I don't think either of them sets out in the morning to hurt anyone, and I don't think we should expect them to be perfect. They are artists who have proven their artistry. I saw some points made by some others that moved me. Maybe some day someone should make a VN that will show some of the struggles trans people have in a positive light, while also letting them see a body type that appeals to them, or helps to illustrate their struggles. But if Mortze doesn't want to do that, nobody should try to force him. He's really very good at what he does, and the *reason* he's so good is his aesthetic sense. There are others who could do it, and we should look to them, and let Mortze do as he feels best. (I mean, that's what he's gonna do anyway! So let's enjoy the ride.)

It touched me to read Tlaero's reasoning for including Aisha. Even if it didn't turn out perfect for everyone, the attempt came from a very good place. I was glad to see it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1681518540388.png

MC: LEt us be straight with eachother, doctor: Security of this facility is my charge.
When it comes to reducing tensions and eliminating threats, what you describe is a huge red flag.

As any reader of Shakespeare would tell you, killings stemmed from bitterness, angst, jealousy or
love are the most common themes cellebrated in literature across millenia and thus, ingrained into human way of seeing things and interpreting relationships in each and every one of us.
You are describing a -no me time environment- in the moments everyone is in their most vulnerable
situation - reduced to bare biology, bare to the primordial feelings of either love or jealousy, as the age old tale of Cain and Abel would tell us even brotherly love gives way to jealousy and murder.

1681518670668.png

The characters in this game are not victims of whatever struggle you wanna saddle them with.
Get over yourself, go play your fave hurtful games that appeal to you.
Maybe some day someone should make a VN
Someone did, it is called confusion and it features all the condescending exagerated evil you want.

Mar 18, 2023
What if I don't want any condescending exaggerated evil? What if I'd like to know all the varied perspectives of people, even when they do not match each other? I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I love the way that Tlaero writes, and I love the way that Mortze composes images. I don't think either of them sets out in the morning to hurt anyone, and I don't think we should expect them to be perfect. They are artists who have proven their artistry. I saw some points made by some others that moved me. Maybe some day someone should make a VN that will show some of the struggles trans people have in a positive light, while also letting them see a body type that appeals to them, or helps to illustrate their struggles. But if Mortze doesn't want to do that, nobody should try to force him. He's really very good at what he does, and the *reason* he's so good is his aesthetic sense. There are others who could do it, and we should look to them, and let Mortze do as he feels best. (I mean, that's what he's gonna do anyway! So let's enjoy the ride.)

It touched me to read Tlaero's reasoning for including Aisha. Even if it didn't turn out perfect for everyone, the attempt came from a very good place. I was glad to see it.
The way i see Aisha in this game (from a straight male point of view) - she is just perfect and i wouldnt change anything there, sorry futa or any other kinkers/lovers.
My only regret is that she probably isnt romanceable in male mcs path.
Otherwise she would be my No1 (as she already is, though probably all my flirting attempts are going to vain :HideThePain:)

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
What if I don't want any condescending exaggerated evil? What if I'd like to know all the varied perspectives of people, even when they do not match each other? I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
While people are considerated between them...

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The way i see Aisha in this game (from a straight male point of view) - she is just perfect and i wouldnt change anything there, sorry futa or any other kinkers/lovers.
My only regret is that she probably isnt romanceable in male mcs path.
Otherwise she would be my No1 (as she already is, though probably all my flirting attempts are going to vain :HideThePain:)
You and i think alike on this i totally wanna romance her too

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'm curious about something. I put two Star Wars references into Ep5, but apparently they were both really oblique, because Mortze didn't catch them. Did any of you?

Tlaero

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What path is that? Do we need a specific character babbling them out
or is it the plot dropping them on our heads?
Mortze didn't catch them
With the close quarters and all the nekkid babes flaunting around,
we were maybe actively looking for Alien or predator quips, mayhaps.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
If you played the episode, you definitely saw them...

Tlaero

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
I'm curious about something. I put two Star Wars references into Ep5, but apparently they were both really oblique, because Mortze didn't catch them. Did any of you?

Tlaero
something from the first 6 or something from the last 6 (is it 6 ? anyway after episode 6)

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes