peixe751

Jul 7, 2017
There is Male Protagonist and Female Protagonist tag, do i get to choose who i want to be or do we play with a lot of characters?

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
RedPillBlues
As far as I know cuckold isn't infidelity as it requires consent, without that consent it then becomes cheating and in most cases NTR.
I am not going to enter a debate about this. I spent hours researching this stuff and this is just my point of view, its not ment to be a guideline or a new definition. key words left out of your quotes were IN MY MIND

There is Male Protagonist and Female Protagonist tag, do i get to choose who I want to be or do we play with a lot of characters?
you do not get to choose its a visual novel, not a game. the story follows many different characters

Reactions: fbass and patrickB

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I understand your point of view. But if I made the end avoidable how would I end the Novel?

Now I'm going to do something here for you which I shouldnt for it gives away a lot of the plot. In my mind, there is no NTR (Notarare) in this game. let me explain, in all the definitions I have read about NTR implies that the protagonist will lose there loved one whereas cuckold means the same thing in most definitions except you can replace the word WILL with MAY. And then there is cuckold as a fetish which means both party's derive pleasure from the act of infidelity by the loved one.

I did not add the Tag NTR the uploader did because he felt that that was where I was going with the story on the first release.
and because I included the tag cuckold. And rightfully so there is some cuckold in the game (Especially the ending)but mostly it is Cuckold as a Fetish. BUT THERE IS NO NTR IN THIS GAME never was there any plan for a loved one to be lost, unless you count Death. I'm not even going to talk about all the other fetishes some extras added some that were never included that I wanted to be included.
you could do a diffrent path depending on the player's choices. i'm fine with the majority of the fetishes-just not for Cuckolding-i don't see why anyone would consent.

Reactions: HansDampf788

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
i am using PC every time i try to load my save file it give me a error.
In the error that it gives Does it say anything about incompatible script or the script may have changed?

if it does then it is going to be due to updates to the RenP'y game engine that I have performed before building the torrid tales game update. RenP'y has put out a lot of updates to the engine in the last few months with new functionality I wanted to take advantage of. And this can affect some people while not others due to differences in machine OS and drivers and such.

If it does not say anything in the error about the script incompatible or may have changed then it's going to be how your machine handles the saves themselves, Permissions probably being the most likely culprit.

If I knew the exact wording of the error I may be able to help you further.

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
In the error that it gives Does it say anything about incompatible script or the script may have changed?

if it does then it is going to be due to updates to the RenP'y game engine that I have performed before building the torrid tales game update. RenP'y has put out a lot of updates to the engine in the last few months with new functionality I wanted to take advantage of. And this can affect some people while not others due to differences in machine OS and drivers and such.

If it does not say anything in the error about the script incompatible or may have changed then it's going to be how your machine handles the saves themselves, Permissions probably being the most likely culprit.

If I knew the exact wording of the error I may be able to help you further.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 761, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1914, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1746, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\TorridTales-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1664, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Torrid Tales 0.5.0
Fri Jul 26 21:04:57 2019
```

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
This game is awesome, i like the infidelity/cuckold/hotwife whatever you wanna call it, and Izzy is hot as fuck, she can come around my house 24/7, i'll be waiting :love:
Glad you like it.
I liked Issy better as a redhead personally, I can't wait till chapter 4 comes and get her into the solon for a hair recolor which is going to be hot by the way.

Reactions: patrickB

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Ok, I believe this is going to be due to the RenP'y engine updates I performed before building Torrid Tales. And have done so for the last three updates of the game.

I know this is a lot to ask but to make sure that I'm correct, could make a save with this current ver. anywhere in the game, it doesn't matter where. Uninstall 0.5.0 then reinstall it and see if it will load the save file? this will make sure your windows is saving to the AppData folder correctly.

wait I just realized this is not my uploaded version of 0.5.0 and have no idea if it has tampered with

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
I don't know it is the first time I have heard anyone with this problem.
Do you use pc or mac?
Are you able to see your saves from the previous version in the new one?
Any chance of us seeing the newest mac version? I cannot afford patreon but I am super excited to see what you have been up to! I can be patient if need be...but never huts to ask. Keep up the fantastic work. I enjoy this game on its most base element, which is pushing a female milf to be slutty. That can be its own game (and is) for me anyday. But when you couple it with a fantastic story and good art...it takes on an energy of its own. That is what I get from your game. :p

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Any chance of us seeing the newest mac version? I cannot afford patreon but I am super excited to see what you have been up to! I can be patient if need be...but never huts to ask. Keep up the fantastic work. I enjoy this game on its most base element, which is pushing a female milf to be slutty. That can be its own game (and is) for me anyday. But when you couple it with a fantastic story and good art...it takes on an energy of its own. That is what I get from your game. :p
yes Ill post it soon

Reactions: Calyps0

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
You would be surprised I was.
Their biggest complaint about making it avoidable was breaking the story flow, I guess having to stop for two seconds or less to decide whether they wanted to skip or continue ruined the game for them, Don't know it's just my guess. What I do know is that the most request avoidance was NTR or Cuckold and that was just not going to be possible to avoid at the end of this story.

So if I removed NTR and cuckold request from the equation, the complaints outweighed the request and that is how I made my personal decision to drop making things avoidable.
i'm not gonna put pressure on you, but i just wanna say this. every gave devolper has 2 types of fans: the positive fans who enjoy the game-and those ''fans'' who are toxic and just wanna cause problems for the community-the type you should ignore-they'll just piss everyone off and cause the possitive fans to not only be angry with them-but also, angry with you-they'll feel slighted. by telling those toxic fans off, you not only maintain a healthy fan base-you'll also gain a lot of respect around here. i also remember you asking about how avoiding somethings might ruin the story-chech this game out: https://f95zone.to/threads/dr-amana-sexual-therapist-v1-0-7a-ianvs.7679/ . that games allows us to chose what kinks we like and what we don't without affecting things that much.

Mar 28, 2018
I also experienced errors/rollback/ignore errors on loading recent saves; but then I tried an older save before the previous update and that worked fine - and used CNTL to speed through the the beginning of the present update. As a guess - it may be that I forgot to include the patch for one update that could cause problems.

3.20 star(s) 28 Votes