Gosamr

May 6, 2021
I think this is very promising. The story is different enough. The mc is a decent character. I'm not sure why his appearance seems to be ruffling so many feathers. He certainly looks completely different from any other character I've encountered before and his personality matches the look very well. To me he does look a bit like that Harry guy from that boy band from a while back, but it doesn't bother me.

Anyway, as others have remarked, the rendering is fantastic always a major point of enjoyment or otherwise, of course. Well, double-plus-good in this department. I'm well pleased! The story is intriguing and nicely paced. I really like the relatively understated role of the spirit lady. She is sufficiently otherwordly, but not the usual bombastic, all powerful, domineering persona we usually get in this supernatural style of story.

The only disappointment I experienced is in the translation which is not that great and certainly does, in the context of so much else being excellent, unfortunately noticeably let the team down. I'm almost certain that English is the second language and though the dialogue is still totally intelligible, I nevertheless found it regularly distracting. I'm not complaining because I am just thankful to have had the opportunity to enjoy Touch the Soul as it is and I would not have missed it for anything, especially due to the (without assistance) unavoidable disadvantage of the language difference.

Despite what I've just said though, it certainly doesn't mask the rock solid atmosphere (especially the switching between the human sphere and the mysteriously spooky, yet unflashy supernatural one), the inventiveness and the flashes of mystery (like Max's first crush) that seem to lie deeper within the story. Then, of course, there are the beautiful women brought to life by the high quality of rendering, the staging as well as many of the angles used in the visual compositions. The crisp pacing and the credibility and "embraceability" of the characters.

The creator's laid down a really nicely balanced and "stable" foundation upon which to build his story and, with an eye on Patreon, I'm quite eagerly awaiting its further development.

So thanks a bunch Mr/Mrs/Ms Touch the soul for bringing your, for me at least, extremely interesting and intriguing debut to our attention. Good luck for the future and thanks again for your efforts and skill.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
The premise of the story sounds interesting and the renderings are then very nice. But it's not all flowers.

My biggest complaints are regarding the MC. First, I can't take this kid's face seriously, he was supposed to have what? 18 20? but he doesn't appear to be more than 12, nor has hair begun to develop on this "stretched" child.
Another criticism is regarding the MC's unchanging name, Amon (the developers must be Egyptian?), the developers claim to be fans of adult games and haven't realized yet that people like to immerse themselves in the MC's role?
And last but not least, are you seriously leaving the fetish open for possible players to decide? Don't go down that tumultuous path, it will do more harm than good for your game. Pick an audience and stick to them. It will be the shit show if the MC starts seeing LI and future LI's being degraded by other men in their "visions of memories and desires" from the others.
So make it clear from the beginning what tags we can find here. Like, you can even let your backers decide smaller things, like a LI that will have more focus on the update, optional H scenes between footjob, titfuck, or handjob. DOM or SUB paths. In other words, if you want to let supporters and fans choose something for your game, limit them to tags that aren't too "controversial".

I say that with the best of intentions, other games leave the door wide open for tags and ended up burying a very popular game. People have been burned before, they have their reasons for fear.

PPCStudio

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2022
Guys, thank you so much for your feedback and advice. I’ll listen to some of them and think about them. But after reading all these discussions, I want to respond to some thoughts.
1) The character’s appearance and name will stay in the game. It is a character with his own story and thoughts. He has emotions, problems and his own style
2) We will work on the translation and if the need arises - we will pay for a good and high-quality translation. Good and quality English - will be !
3) There was a question about the different routes. Characters with different paths (sub/dom) will not be involved in the main investigation and Amon case. It’ll be "Not Canon" inside the "Canon".
4) Mac will be, we will post it along with other minor changes in the first patch

I hope I answered your various questions. We want to tell a funny, interesting, thoughtful and "juicy" story. Who was disappointed by my message - sorry. Who was pleased - I hope we can continue to show you beautiful and funny game.

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
The MC calling his mom by her name breaks the immersion and it's a turn off. No real son calls his mom by her name.
I think only once at the beginning one of the MC's sisters called him brother.
If it's necessary, because reasons, just drop an unofficial patch with the appropriate script.

JollyGeorgieM

Apr 14, 2019
3) There was a question about the different routes. Characters with different paths (sub/dom) will not be involved in the main investigation and Amon case. It’ll be "Not Canon" inside the "Canon".
Wait, really? The main path involves seeking a hand that allows you to control a person so well they believe it's of their own volition; surely that sets up a scenario where the MC can a) return it to Kira as she demands [and thus fall under her sway] or b) use it on Kira [and take control]. Even without the hand there's a thread developing where the MC could be more or less compliant with Kira's demands on his time. Moreover, what about the thief? It's already foreshadowed that the thief will get better at their abilities just like the MC will (suggesting we'll see their power increase over time, meaning they use it multiple times and most likely at least once [but probably more] on the MC directly). Not to mention what the MC himself potentially does with the hand once he has it in his possession - testing it out on a friend or enemy is surely in the cards, right? These all seemed like obvious opportunities intricately tied to the main route, tbh. There's really no sub/dom path tied to any main character in this investigation around a mind-controlling hand? :WaitWhat:

P.S. That being the case, which characters fall into this category of having "different paths (sub/dom)"? Is it all of Amon's family? Kinda hoping it's at least both sisters - the older sister making a power play is pretty common (classic!), but I'd also love to see how creative this artsy little sister can get in attempting to cute tease Big Bro into doing her bidding (whether we allow it or not). Make the game you want to make, of course, but I'll dare to dream 'til you drop the bomb!

Btw, all this aside you've gotten off to a pretty cool start - whatever the case in regards to the above, I'm interested to see where things go! (y)

Mar 4, 2022
Love it so far but for the life of me I can't understand why there is never actual EROTICA in games or even real pron. Why in the hell can't there be some teasing? Immediately into the tired old BJ and fucking.... Same shit different day.

Reactions: Direknight

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Love it so far but for the life of me I can't understand why there is never actual EROTICA in games or even real pron. Why in the hell can't there be some teasing? Immediately into the tired old BJ and fucking.... Same shit different day.
It's all a secret conspiracy to persuade you to make a game that has all that.

Reactions: dartagnansblade

Kikikikaki

Dec 18, 2017
Straight heat, most definitely investing. I've seen some typos but nothing unreadable, will most definitely become a patreon, Especially tier Kira which has includes custom art.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
1) The character’s appearance and name will stay in the game. It is a character with his own story and thoughts. He has emotions, problems and his own style
Always support the Dev's position and their freedom to decide what to do with their work. After all, it is your effort and time spent. In this case, it will be no different, even if I don't agree.

Unfortunately for me in this case it is a complete turnoff. I honestly can't take the MC's face seriously, it looks like a crybaby's face, but again, it's Dev's game and he decides what he thinks is best. About the MC's name, I really can't understand why it can't be mutable, but it's likely that in the course of history there is a plausible justification for this and not a simple tantrum by Dev to put his legal name.

But as I said is a turnoff for me to play with an MC with this face idiot, I can not emerge in the role of MC, and that for me is a strong deterrent to follow this work. Because the immersion, in my opinion, is a great asset of the VN, that's what attracts me instead of watching a movie or reading a book.

Good luck Dev, may you achieve your goals and success with your game, unfortunately "for me" I won't be able to appreciate your work.

That said... Next.

Last edited:

CubeD

Aug 1, 2021
Code:
ne "{cps=40}Вы меня слышите ? Вы можете открыть глаза ?{/cps}" with dissolve
It would be so great if you would not specify text speed on every single line of text hardcoding the text speed. If you want some of the text to be instant just set that text to be instant with the cps=0 but leave the rest to be governed by default preferences.text_cps.

I find it absolutely irritating to have to double click every new text box because it takes so long to write out. I understand it may be for artistic value but I think a middle ground of you defining the speed you envision it as the default and letting the user change it if needed is a win-win solution.

Primal228328

Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I went through your game, and I really liked it, sorry, I can’t support you at the moment, but I’ll tell you that this is a brilliant game, I especially liked it, that there is a Russian language, I really look forward to continuing, add more female domination (face sitting, cunnilingus) and will be generally perfect.

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes