Ren'Py Onhold Town of Femdom - A Reluctant Hero [v0.36] [jinjonkun]

4.20 star(s) 9 Votes

jinjonkun

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
TBH in some settings I'd prefer ambient sounds over background music. In scenes at work especially since they're rather short and player is focused on their content, so ambient sound would imo only help to feel them. I don't know about the places where we have to spend a long time at once though (but mixing two or more sound tracks shouldn't be too difficult? I don't know about ren'py but you can mix music with ambient sounds in audio software and join them to a single track that can be later added to the game). I think this immersive qualitiy could potentially be one of things that would differentiate your game from others (like Femdom City).

BTW Is TOF set in a female supremacy/gynarchy world? Or do males have equal rights and only MC is (un)lucky? And since it's a fantasy world are you planning to add other races and/or monster girls?
You're right, I don't think it's difficult to set up. Especially if it can help to improve the scenes etc... I'm new to Renpy development so I still have to check the feasibility of the thing but whatever happens I hope I'll be able to improve the game with each update and every comment and feedback will be good to hear. I think that the environment where the game takes place, the quality of the renderings and animations will help to differentiate the game. Especially as I like to bring more depth even to small scenes (as far as possible and it's not really the case yet but at least more text and sound effects).

It's clearly not a female supremacy world. Men clearly have more power than women, especially those of the nobility. (We are in a medieval fantasy world after all) We can consider our hero to be indeed unlucky. Having to manage on his own after the death of his parents and owning this farm alone will stir up the lust of the people around him. This is also why he is called a reluctant hero. Because in this world, the manipulation of women and their sexual assets are somewhat their strength in order to change things and to be able to evolve in society and in terms of authority. I would say that unlike Femdom city, here women manipulate and control in a more subtle way and do not hesitate to abuse it if the man in question submits easily. I don't know if I am clear in my explanations. For sure you will find other races (You can see already an elf girl in the Futa scenes) regarding other races or monster girls, I won't be against it but I don't want to be against patreon policies so I should be careful with it and will start first with regular stuff (Elf, humans and fetishes) I will probably add some magic as well which could be really interesting regarding femdom stuff (Be manipulated with magic, physical or mental manipulation could be a fresh air of new/unusual content)

What do you think about that ?

jinjonkun

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
I've played demo yesterday during 8 gameplay days, I like it very much, partially it reminded me of Femdom city, mostly because in both games you have to do everything to survive. I really looking forward to see what kind of game will this demo become when it hits full release, I know it too early to speak about full release, but when I see interesting and fun demo I always hope that the development will reach eventually mark of full release.
By the way did I understood everything correctly like we would have three routes in the game: vanilla, femdom and futanari?
Hello Anderus1984,

Thank you for your message. Actually, there isn't really "routes" we are mostly in a women dominant world (From the perspective of the main character) but with light or more rough domination. The different fetishes will be mostly available during you free roam session. During story time, you will have choices to do that will impact the rest of the story and possible endings. between these story phases, you will be able to freely do what you want with fetishes you like the most.

Is it the way you had seen it ? What do you think about it ?

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Because in this world, the manipulation of women and their sexual assets are somewhat their strength in order to change things and to be able to evolve in society and in terms of authority.
So not unlike our world, especially some yrs ago (I'm a fan of Japanese cinema from 50s-70s and you made me think about various classics from the 50s now :D). It would be fun if one of the routes of our reluctant hero would be to help to create an equal society or - on another route - gynarchy, or even maintaining status quo.
For sure you will find other races (You can see already an elf girl in the Futa scenes) regarding other races or monster girls, I won't be against it but I don't want to be against patreon policies
Oh, I forgot about the elf, I feel dumb now since I asked about her some posts ago (I hope not all elves are futas though :)). I'm really looking forward to see your take on elves and other classic species. I don't think that Patreon has anything against monster girls; 'Monster Girl Dreams' patreon site is working since october 2017 for example and that game has also a wide array of fetishes (nothing too extreme though). I don't know if MGs are smth that interests you and your patreons, but there is a market for them and I believe adding them could help boosting popularity of your game, but obviously I'm not 100% sure.
I will probably add some magic
I've noticed you like magic :) (Taco in his games had some nice ideas regarding usage of magic in femdom context btw). I'd only argue that it would be a good idea to set some basic rules and limitations to magic (the depth of lore depends imo on how much magic there will be in a game overall [regarding the lore building in femdom context 'Mistresses of the Forest' is a really good example]). Having some basic set of rules should make the setting more believable and give it some additional suspense; I feel that having magic without any rules in games or movies results in a viewer's/player's inability to build expectations cause everything can always happen so there's often no feeling of tension, of clear power levels, of suspense, and even of payoff. It's worse in movies of course.

I'd also add that there shouldn't be too much exposition in the dialogues.

Oh, another idea, but I don't know if that wouldn't add too much work or if you're even interested. I thought now about the dungeons: since the game has some RPG-like mechanics it could be interesting to have occasional dungeons from time to time, where - more akin to the adventure games than RPG games though, especially if there won't be any fighting in the game - MC would go through some traps/puzzles/minigames (I know that it's not smth people usually look for in a femdom game though... but it would give some gameplay and make it feel more like a game [I think Heavy Five is pretty dope example of having various additional mechanics]) and/or meet some monsters (and monter girls), maybe some lurking vampires or hidden bandits (with possible bad ends). I'd also see MC on some of such journeys as a sidekick of strong domme heroine who would use MC as a bait/stress reliever/servant/... I'd see that kind of content as a side-quest type of thing though, not affecting the main plot (maybe only giving boost to stats or some item that allow for some additional scenes down the lane); maybe not mandatory or route dependent. I also feel like sometimes the games with a considerable amount of plot, interesting mechanics etc. gain some more respect and in the long run could attract more patreons (although I don't know how true it would be in a femdom game context unfortunately).

jinjonkun

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
So not unlike our world, especially some yrs ago (I'm a fan of Japanese cinema from 50s-70s and you made me think about various classics from the 50s now :D). It would be fun if one of the routes of our reluctant hero would be to help to create an equal society or - on another route - gynarchy, or even maintaining status quo.

Oh, I forgot about the elf, I feel dumb now since I asked about her some posts ago (I hope not all elves are futas though :)). I'm really looking forward to see your take on elves and other classic species. I don't think that Patreon has anything against monster girls; 'Monster Girl Dreams' patreon site is working since october 2017 for example and that game has also a wide array of fetishes (nothing too extreme though). I don't know if MGs are smth that interests you and your patreons, but there is a market for them and I believe adding them could help boosting popularity of your game, but obviously I'm not 100% sure.

I've noticed you like magic :) (Taco in his games had some nice ideas regarding usage of magic in femdom context btw). I'd only argue that it would be a good idea to set some basic rules and limitations to magic (the depth of lore depends imo on how much magic there will be in a game overall [regarding the lore building in femdom context 'Mistresses of the Forest' is a really good example]). Having some basic set of rules should make the setting more believable and give it some additional suspense; I feel that having magic without any rules in games or movies results in a viewer's/player's inability to build expectations cause everything can always happen so there's often no feeling of tension, of clear power levels, of suspense, and even of payoff. It's worse in movies of course.

I'd also add that there shouldn't be too much exposition in the dialogues.

Oh, another idea, but I don't know if that wouldn't add too much work or if you're even interested. I thought now about the dungeons: since the game has some RPG-like mechanics it could be interesting to have occasional dungeons from time to time, where - more akin to the adventure games than RPG games though, especially if there won't be any fighting in the game - MC would go through some traps/puzzles/minigames (I know that it's not smth people usually look for in a femdom game though... but it would give some gameplay and make it feel more like a game [I think Heavy Five is pretty dope example of having various additional mechanics]) and/or meet some monsters (and monter girls), maybe some lurking vampires or hidden bandits (with possible bad ends). I'd also see MC on some of such journeys as a sidekick of strong domme heroine who would use MC as a bait/stress reliever/servant/... I'd see that kind of content as a side-quest type of thing though, not affecting the main plot (maybe only giving boost to stats or some item that allow for some additional scenes down the lane); maybe not mandatory or route dependent. I also feel like sometimes the games with a considerable amount of plot, interesting mechanics etc. gain some more respect and in the long run could attract more patreons (although I don't know how true it would be in a femdom game context unfortunately).
I will play again "Monster Girl Dreams" and see what kind of monster girls is there but definitely, if it can help boosting the popularity of my game, I will add some. My goal is to implement a game that could suit to most people or at least a wider range than I did in the past. This is why I have switched from RPG Maker to Renpy . I can also add now content without worrying too much about the size of my game. (I have more than 100 renders/ few musics and sounds and the size is only about 60mb which is something that wasn't possible before) I can optimize it much better.

Regarding magic, I will have to think about it but I don't think I will add it as a combat/fight system (Which I think is something I wouldn't do) probably something like dungeon crawler with easy things to do (I don't want to make it too much complicated) finding some secrets why not with monsters and bad endings where player can get access to unique scenes and can rollback easily would be nice. (As you have suggested)

If the hero has power, this is something he couldn't control himself anyway or maybe really late in the game so I don't think it's gonna breaking suspense or something like that. The magic I would like to add in addition of that is something like (for exemple) a Witch living in the forest where she can manipulate you or will use her power to submit you but without really having a impact on the story. Kind of thing that you can submit deeper and deeper but that would it all I guess.

The MC will have heroines during the story and depending of your choices you can be used subtly or outright in a way that is humiliating in front to everyone. Anything is still possible, but it is still to be thought about.

Generally I like to offer a lot of interesting choices and concepts in my games. I hope it will be possible in this one but it will also depend on my development skills :)

Last edited:

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I will play again "Monster Girl Dreams" and see what kind of monster girls is there but definitely, if it can help boosting the popularity of my game, I will add some.
I think there is potential. Minor spoiler for MGD if you want to see the juicest femdom scenes the game has to offer: If you buy a collar and go to Sophia (succubus boss) and defeat her you will have few dialogue options after she'll notice your collar. I haven't played the game for quite some time now, but there are at least 3 different and quite lenghty scenes (with some flavors), I also like manticore-girl (when MC and her are a couple there's some nice moments between them) and there's some femdom(ish) content with Venefica (bunny-girl), she'll also notice your collar if you'll have one. In terms of design I like the Wyrm-girl and Amy from the caves, although I'm not a fan of their scenes. There are also other MG games on Patreon so you shouldn't have any problems on that front.

something like dungeon crawler with easy things to do [...] finding some secrets why not with monsters and bad endings where player can get access to unique scenes and can rollback easily would be nice.
I'd love to see that tbh. It could allow the game to breathe more in terms of content and story and world-building without forcing players to do everything there is to do. It could also be a good testing ground for introduction of MGs and even some new game mechanics in the future to see how your patreons will react to them and if they'll help in boosting your game's popularity. It could be nice if some dungeons would offer slightly more challenge (I assume dialogue challenges would be nice [rewarding the player for reading dialogues with various characters and knowing the lore], simple and medium [for better bonuses] puzzles and simple QTE), but the player would always have an option to leave the dungeon and return to it at her/his/their own convenience. And of course apart from caves, there could be some ruins, graveyards, castles, fantastic/surreal locales, forests, etc. It would make the game more visually varied and less repetitive (at least on visual level).

The MC will have heroines during the story and depending of your choices you can be used subtly or outright in a way that is humiliating in front to everyone.
Looking forward to see it in action. Are you planning on adding some general (or local/limited to 1 city or region) reputation system? It could add more meaning to public humiliation scenes and force the player to weigh options more carefully; such scenes could result in some penalties (higher prices at shops maybe?) or could complicate some quests (the player would be barred from entering some area and would have to find another way to continue).

BTW I'm looking forward to the upcoming TP2 update. I'm hoping for more Scarlett and policewoman scenes ;)

Reactions: jinjonkun

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
I think there is potential. Minor spoiler for MGD if you want to see the juicest femdom scenes the game has to offer: If you buy a collar and go to Sophia (succubus boss) and defeat her you will have few dialogue options after she'll notice your collar. I haven't played the game for quite some time now, but there are at least 3 different and quite lenghty scenes (with some flavors), I also like manticore-girl (when MC and her are a couple there's some nice moments between them) and there's some femdom(ish) content with Venefica (bunny-girl), she'll also notice your collar if you'll have one. In terms of design I like the Wyrm-girl and Amy from the caves, although I'm not a fan of their scenes. There are also other MG games on Patreon so you shouldn't have any problems on that front.

I'd love to see that tbh. It could allow the game to breathe more in terms of content and story and world-building without forcing players to do everything there is to do. It could also be a good testing ground for introduction of MGs and even some new game mechanics in the future to see how your patreons will react to them and if they'll help in boosting your game's popularity. It could be nice if some dungeons would offer slightly more challenge (I assume dialogue challenges would be nice [rewarding the player for reading dialogues with various characters and knowing the lore], simple and medium [for better bonuses] puzzles and simple QTE), but the player would always have an option to leave the dungeon and return to it at her/his/their own convenience. And of course apart from caves, there could be some ruins, graveyards, castles, fantastic/surreal locales, forests, etc. It would make the game more visually varied and less repetitive (at least on visual level).

Looking forward to see it in action. Are you planning on adding some general (or local/limited to 1 city or region) reputation system? It could add more meaning to public humiliation scenes and force the player to weigh options more carefully; such scenes could result in some penalties (higher prices at shops maybe?) or could complicate some quests (the player would be barred from entering some area and would have to find another way to continue).

BTW I'm looking forward to the upcoming TP2 update. I'm hoping for more Scarlett and policewoman scenes ;)

TP2? Is this another game?

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Just tried the demo and want MORE!!! The futa content is EPIC, and Heda is a mature goddess that i would love to see a lot more of her going after the MC, if i lived in that world and she was after me, my resistance to her would crumble in less than a second.

Feb 15, 2019
Will this game's development continue alongside The Prison 2 or is this just the demo to showcase the next project after The Prison 2?

Pallazzo

Apr 26, 2020
Thanks for the update, love the new scenes.
Although I think it be better if the guy actually fell down, or at least bent over at the end of animation during the normal ballbusting scenes. It seems he has balls of steel this way :D.

Anyway, thanks for the update again.

4.20 star(s) 9 Votes