3.60 star(s) 53 Votes

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
There's a lot to love in this game, but the CC is absolutely ridiculous. Paralysis is currently lasting for TWELVE turns in combat, what was the dev thinking? The electric jellyfish usually hit you with one of those at least once a battle, and you still have to break free of its grab once paralysis is over. And if the game is feeling particularly fuck-you-ish, as soon as you break free you're getting hit with yet another dose of paralysis and have to repeat the whole thing over again.

This is coming from someone that genuinely loves turned-based combat and RPGs in general. If that kind of thing pisses me off this much, I can't imagine how many other people would yeet this shit off their computer immediately after the first couple times of having to wait 3 minutes to control their character again.

Corren

Mar 29, 2019
I agree, but you need to use alchemy to make yourself immune to those effects. Sleep, paralysis, poison, all of them can be blocked by one of the various potions. If anything, those effects are all almost pointless.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
charge an old save, got send back to main menu....oh hell no !!!! i don't want to farm again !
Seems to happen with the public versions. The dev says they're going for cross-version save compatibility, but I've been burned, too.
Nel only ever picks the slime forest to train in and her bar wont go above 2. I there a requirement I am missing?
As previously stated, the locations Nel will go to seem to be limited by Celica's relationship level. As for the second bar issue, see https://f95zone.to/threads/town-of-magic-v0-19-708-deimus.64257/post-5950470.

Last edited:

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
There's a lot to love in this game, but the CC is absolutely ridiculous. Paralysis is currently lasting for TWELVE turns in combat, what was the dev thinking? The electric jellyfish usually hit you with one of those at least once a battle, and you still have to break free of its grab once paralysis is over. And if the game is feeling particularly fuck-you-ish, as soon as you break free you're getting hit with yet another dose of paralysis and have to repeat the whole thing over again.

This is coming from someone that genuinely loves turned-based combat and RPGs in general. If that kind of thing pisses me off this much, I can't imagine how many other people would yeet this shit off their computer immediately after the first couple times of having to wait 3 minutes to control their character again.
Sleep is so much worse than paralysis.

But you need alchemy. You get tons of ingredients and each potion lasts for quite a while tbh. Basically you can't just go in expecting to zerg the enemy.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Does anyone know how often public releases come out? I just noticed there is 0.28.600 version on patreon page and the last public update was really small, almost nothing new. So I'm wondering how long it will take for the new version.
The Itch.io log is a pretty good indication, note the version numbers as well.
Itch.io release dates.jpg

Reactions: SharkVampire

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
Sleep is so much worse than paralysis.

But you need alchemy. You get tons of ingredients and each potion lasts for quite a while tbh. Basically you can't just go in expecting to zerg the enemy.
Wow, I just met the fairies. No joke, I've been in this same fight for 10 minutes just getting chain slept and climax stunned. I'm not expecting to zerg anything, but being able to actually interact with the game I'm playing would seem to be a good place to start.

I haven't gotten that far in alchemy yet, and maybe I'll give that a shot before I quit for good. But punishing players this hard for not knowing about a mechanic that was never explained to them is sort of like drowning a puppy the first time he wets the carpet. It's sadistic.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Wow, I just met the fairies. No joke, I've been in this same fight for 10 minutes just getting chain slept and climax stunned. I'm not expecting to zerg anything, but being able to actually interact with the game I'm playing would seem to be a good place to start.

I haven't gotten that far in alchemy yet, and maybe I'll give that a shot before I quit for good. But punishing players this hard for not knowing about a mechanic that was never explained to them is sort of like drowning a puppy the first time he wets the carpet. It's sadistic.
Do you wake up after you get hit while sleeping if the attack does damage? I think paralysis is worse if that is true, hopefully you are correct and alchemy will provide the solution. I haven't played the game yet, but I will hopefully today if real life does not rear it's ugly head of honey do's.....

Snozberries

Jun 3, 2017
Do you wake up after you get hit while sleeping if the attack does damage? I think paralysis is worse if that is true, hopefully you are correct and alchemy will provide the solution. I haven't played the game yet, but I will hopefully today if real life does not rear it's ugly head of honey do's.....
You do get woken up if something damages you while you're asleep, so there's that. Unfortunately, in my example before, all the damage was going to a party member and I was getting hit by nothing but lust attacks, which do not wake you up. So I'm slept for 20ish turns, and somewhere in there 2 fairies have grappled me and my party member just stands there and actually yells at me for not being able to do anything. Groundbreaking gameplay 10/10

EDIT - I want to address the alchemy mechanics for a moment as well. So far in the game I have access to two empty bottles for alchemy, and the bottles are reusable which is a mechanic I do actually like. However, the two bottles means I can only have two types of potions, so if that means if I have to have an anti-never-control-your-character-again potion on me then I can only have one other potion for healing, mana, energy, etc.

It's true that I'm not a fan of consumables, and I'm the type of guy that finishes a Final Fantasy run with every single elixir and megalixir I picked up because I was saving them for that one time I would need it and never did, so yeah I neglected my alchemy in a game that absolutely requires you have the right potions if you want to be able to play the game. I still blame the game design.

Last edited:

uni007

Apr 3, 2017
Ok, paralisis and sleep are an issue until you get your first potions to negate them. The real issue is that items to craft them drop in the areas that stun and put you to sleep. Now my advice is always save before you enter those areas for the first time so you can abuse the save \ load if the rng fks you. Second never go alone take evie and hope that all goes well.
As for the ghost girl, what is the problem with here. She always oneshots shit for me so i dont care what spell she uses. And she can refill mana in exchange for time so there are actualy no issues with autocombat. The only annoying thing is her using allure for sexual harrasment.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Does Lewdness actually change anything? I'm at 50 and I don't really see the MC acting any different.
Definitely appears to be pretty inconsequential for now. Not sure if any events use it as a trigger (dildo masturbation, for example), and I've seen no dialogue changes (outside of Nel's) or alternative options appear.

My understanding is that consensual events (and romantic relationships?) are on their way, so it may factor into those, since Allure serves to activate non-con events. Patrons could shed light on more detailed plans - I have no Patreon access, as my PayPal has been declined twice.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Do I get it right that there is - apart from the battle sex - no lewd stuff in the game yet? I'll return in twoor three years, then.

uni007

Apr 3, 2017
You do get woken up if something damages you while you're asleep, so there's that. Unfortunately, in my example before, all the damage was going to a party member and I was getting hit by nothing but lust attacks, which do not wake you up. So I'm slept for 20ish turns, and somewhere in there 2 fairies have grappled me and my party member just stands there and actually yells at me for not being able to do anything. Groundbreaking gameplay 10/10

EDIT - I want to address the alchemy mechanics for a moment as well. So far in the game I have access to two empty bottles for alchemy, and the bottles are reusable which is a mechanic I do actually like. However, the two bottles means I can only have two types of potions, so if that means if I have to have an anti-never-control-your-character-again potion on me then I can only have one other potion for healing, mana, energy, etc.

It's true that I'm not a fan of consumables, and I'm the type of guy that finishes a Final Fantasy run with every single elixir and megalixir I picked up because I was saving them for that one time I would need it and never did, so yeah I neglected my alchemy in a game that absolutely requires you have the right potions if you want to be able to play the game. I still blame the game design.
Yo get 1 bottle at the start for alchemy, you can buy a 2nd bottle and you get a 3rd bottle from a chest, i think that a silver chest drops it

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
I really want to like this game, but after playing for a couple hours I really have to say I hate the Explore mechanic as it currently is.

The monster spawn chance is way too high compared to the treasure spawn chance, and even if you do get a treasure, it's seemingly less than 5% chance to get a rare treasure, never fucking mind a legendary one.

The way there are a lot of 'empty' explorations as well means you can easily go days in game without finding anything except monsters and basic alchemy ingredients.

Even having the Silver Dice (+ Luck) and Treasure Finder ("more" treasure) equipped seemed to do barely anything.

I'm currently level 24 and have literally only found a single rare treasure, and no legendary ones. If this system doesn't get some kind of balance change I doubt I'll be coming back to this game.

3.60 star(s) 53 Votes