bobsen

Jul 21, 2017
I love the game and most of the art, but does anyone else feel like development is really slow? Like, we get at max 3 scenes per update, which is every 2 months. Anyways, just wish it was updated faster.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
I love the game and most of the art, but does anyone else feel like development is really slow? Like, we get at max 3 scenes per update, which is every 2 months. Anyways, just wish it was updated faster.
Honestly its typical of the market in its current state and frankly Siren has been working on gameplay as well as scenes for the characters. Development is slow because Siren's team isn't really impressive and if you read one of the other updates before the current version you'd know that a new artist was needed because Siren got radio silence from Muffy for the last six months or so.
Development being really slow is unfortunate but it is at a crawl because of how these games are being developed.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
Shell out several thousand for more artists and coders and it can be updated faster maybe.

Games are either expensive to make fast, or slightly less expensive but take more time. Faster updates are usually lower quality too.

Reactions: PugWug

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
In addition to what others mentioned, he's also developing two games at the same time and alternating between them (Zombie's Retreat and ToP).

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
In addition to what others mentioned, he's also developing two games at the same time and alternating between them (Zombie's Retreat and ToP).
Yeah but honestly that is for the best in this situation, ZR was originally meant to be a smaller project to kill time between ToP updates so that Siren wasn't releasing half a scene. Now ZR is arguably more anticipated that ToP itself, though that might get nipped in the bud next Monday.
Now Siren has been teasing a third game that is meant to give the art teams more time to play catch-up for both ToP and ZR.

Reactions: kimjongew

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah but honestly that is for the best in this situation, ZR was originally meant to be a smaller project to kill time between ToP updates so that Siren wasn't releasing half a scene. Now ZR is arguably more anticipated that ToP itself, though that might get nipped in the bud next Monday.
Now Siren has been teasing a third game that is meant to give the art teams more time to play catch-up for both ToP and ZR.
Agreed. In my case I don't play each update anyways. I haven't played either in a couple updates now. I'm actually just playing catch up with my Steam/Xbox/PS4 libraries and new or finished games that get released here.

I prefer to let them get plenty of content into the games first before playing. I probably won't touch either until December/January, so will be nice to have a third game going too.

bobsen

Jul 21, 2017
Shell out several thousand for more artists and coders and it can be updated faster maybe.

Games are either expensive to make fast, or slightly less expensive but take more time. Faster updates are usually lower quality too.
Probably more a question of the artists not being full-time, and unable to work faster.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hail to the king, baby!
For those not bothered about reading the update itself, Siren has been listening to the complaints that the build-up hasn't been satisfiying and is gonna take steps to rectify that in the future.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Can we all take just a moment of our time to appreciate that ToP has voice work for the mum character?
Because I think we need to take a moment of appreciation for that, better yet is that it isn't intrusive.
Good shit.
Now where do I fin that friggin' ribbon?

Reactions: eamanager
4.30 star(s) 81 Votes