Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017

Hey guys! Got a lot of exciting news to share with you guys about expanding how ToP can be played!

== Android Version ==

This comes with a little bit of bad news. People have been asking for both a Mac and Android version.

Bad news: Due to technical limitations of building a Mac build in RPG Maker MV, I can not make a Mac version. Maybe when Town of Passion is completely finished, but it's not practical for now.

Good news: After extensive trial & error, I believe I have an Android build almost ready to release! I've noticed some oddities like music either not playing or not playing at the right tempo but these should be small sacrifices to be able to play on the go!

== Crashing on Windows Devices ==

Part 3 of this long-running issue: Many players have had issues with the game just not working on PC due to a type error. This was also making an Android version impossible to play.

Months ago, I narrowed down the problem to a plugin that ToP and ZR use. Disabling this plugin meant that some core features like the current crafting system wouldn't work.

Fortunately now, I've found alternatives to revamp some systems in the game and ToP is now running without the plugin. If you've been unable to play on Windows PC's, this upcoming build should be functional for you!

== 0.7.2 ==

This version will include the core changes to the game as well as an Android version. This upcoming week, I will be trying to spot check glitches for 0.7.2 since disabling the plugin does require me to fix some old things but I should have the build ready for both PC and Android to you guys in about 1-2 weeks!

=====

That's about all for this update! Content for Beta 0.8 is still under way to progress is still being made there as well. For some people though, these fixes in 0.7.2 should be great news in order to finally experience Town of Passion!

Thank you guys for your support! I will see you soon!

Reactions: PugWug

appollac

Sep 24, 2017
Hi. The ritual in Sakura Forest doesn't work properly. Any choice I make, I always get the Rose Scene. Is it a temporary bug?

mizunooni

Feb 3, 2018
man those puzzles are real boner killers lol
Most of the puzzles are easy -- unless you're talking about the Sakura Forest. There's a guide for that on the OP. Use the one with the pictures. And follow the pictures because some of the text is just flat out wrong. It'll say to go "North-West" or some shit and the picture has your MC going North-East. So just keep an eye out for that.

Reactions: Darkaura

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
Most of the puzzles are easy -- unless you're talking about the Sakura Forest. There's a guide for that on the OP. Use the one with the pictures. And follow the pictures because some of the text is just flat out wrong. It'll say to go "North-West" or some shit and the picture has your MC going North-East. So just keep an eye out for that.
Thanks for letting me know, have corrected a few errors.

Gin Tama

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys and gals. Apparently I shouldn't use my old 0.6.2 save file, so anyone got a fresh 0.7 save file so I can progress from there on? Cheers

Sep 12, 2017
greetings I have a problem in the game I go to the golden statue and it gives me 5 seconds to run but I do not know where I should go and I checked the pdf of the step by step but I am confused help upload_2018-6-5_13-23-25.png

Deximay

May 29, 2017
I have a natural hatred towards RPG but I played this one 'cus I couldn't say no to the art style and I was thoroughly surprised. Good one. Will keep an eye to the development of this one.

Ishman

Feb 28, 2018
Hey, dunno if you saw my last post - but as it stands beta 7.1 is unplayable on my setup, it runs far too fast - menu navigation/animations and so on aren't locked to a steady refresh rate - other MV games I've tried like Sensual Realms run as expected.

Anyone with a screen faster than 60hz should be experiencing the same issue, so about double speed with a 120/144hz monitor, or FOUR TIMES speed if they have a 240hz like mine.

This plugin should fix it for you. steamcommunity.com/app/363890/discussions/3/483368526578128878/

Edit: I also believe newer versions of rpgmaker account for this in builds, reputedly.

4.30 star(s) 81 Votes