SumPlayer

Jun 24, 2017
Sooooo.....i've played through to a final finish like 8 times and can't ever progress.... is there any guide? as i want to play this but it is SUPER frustrating.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Sooooo.....i've played through to a final finish like 8 times and can't ever progress.... is there any guide? as i want to play this but it is SUPER frustrating.
Do you mean Chapter 1 or 2?

In terms of guide - there are 3 in-game systems that can help you to find what to do - the tasks in your journal, the recap you get at the beginning of the day, as well as the hint system (the Raven) that can be enabled in settings. Other than that, if you need help, you can always ask with specifics ^^

Reactions: Ponyboy451

SumPlayer

Jun 24, 2017
My Joural is ALWAYS nothing but blank pages. I've tried to enable the raven, no luck. And the recap is less than useful when I don't understand what i'm supposed to be doing in the first place. Very Very bad game design in my opinion and I just deleted it I don't try to play games to feel FRUSTRATED.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
My Joural is ALWAYS nothing but blank pages. I've tried to enable the raven, no luck. And the recap is less than useful when I don't understand what i'm supposed to be doing in the first place. Very Very bad game design in my opinion and I just deleted it I don't try to play games to feel FRUSTRATED.
Are you perhaps trying to avoid dying altogether? This is not possible here, death is part of the progression and it unlocks new things. This is mentioned in the opening tips.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel frustrated. If your journal is empty, this tells me that you are still in the intro section of the game - your quests come after that. If that is not the case, I'd be happy to take a look, but I'll need more info.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
...let me tell you about this game Dark Souls I think you should probably avoid lol.

If you ever do give Transylvania another go, remember that this game definitely rewards trial-and-error, similar to older text-adventure games. Make sure you are exploring different areas each "day" and trying new things. Don't forget to try and raise the different traits you can get as they can unlock new interactions with the characters. Also, make sure to visit the shopkeeper often, as they are the closest thing to a guide you can get. It can take a few times through to understand what you need to do, but the game is far from difficult if you're paying attention imo.

Reactions: Ranma

Sou_Suzumi

Aug 18, 2019
I just started playing, and it's a slow burn and I know I'm still a long time away from the smut, but it's been a very enjoyable reading so far. It's nice to see such neat writing in this kind of game, it's at the same time not crass/stupid/"funny" short "let's just get quickly to the fucking and fetishes part" and also not overly elaborated and tiresome descriptions.

The only thing I want to add is an inconsistency I've saw in the UI. At the beginning of the game, when you give a quick guide on what stuff are (this is an action, this is an action with a requirement, etc), you show a red option and say that "this is not available in current patch" (meaning that red options are just holdovers).
So I was quite surprised when, shortly after the beginning, I was presented with only red options and thought I've reached a dead end. And was even more surprised when, after deciding "screw it, let's click and see what happens" not only the story progressed, but I've also made a permanent choice that is important enough to show in my journal.

So, from now on, I wonder: will the red options I find just placeholders that do nothing, or will they be permanent decisions that can significantly influence my game?

Reactions: Kallisto

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I just started playing, and it's a slow burn and I know I'm still a long time away from the smut, but it's been a very enjoyable reading so far. It's nice to see such neat writing in this kind of game, it's at the same time not crass/stupid/"funny" short "let's just get quickly to the fucking and fetishes part" and also not overly elaborated and tiresome descriptions.

The only thing I want to add is an inconsistency I've saw in the UI. At the beginning of the game, when you give a quick guide on what stuff are (this is an action, this is an action with a requirement, etc), you show a red option and say that "this is not available in current patch" (meaning that red options are just holdovers).
So I was quite surprised when, shortly after the beginning, I was presented with only red options and thought I've reached a dead end. And was even more surprised when, after deciding "screw it, let's click and see what happens" not only the story progressed, but I've also made a permanent choice that is important enough to show in my journal.

So, from now on, I wonder: will the red options I find just placeholders that do nothing, or will they be permanent decisions that can significantly influence my game?
Hey there,

Apologies for the confusion, this is something that's on my radar to improve shortly.

To be clear, there is a visual difference between the two - the permanent choices are big, bold and have on-hover effects. The dead ends are small cursive text that has no effects and cannot be clicked.

That being said, I'm aware that this is causing some level of confusion and the font for the dead ends will be updated in the next version.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Reactions: Ranma and Kallisto

rap_ray

Dec 6, 2018
i think im unable to save the game anymore. everytime i load the game, it starts from the same place (at room 28, 7 deaths) no matter how many times i've saved the game. i tried restarting the game, same things happen.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Vincent Valensky, I just wanted to say again how impressive I find your interactions with fans on this site. You take even the most annoying complaints in stride, and you always provide helpful advice and express gratitude to those who find errors. I hope other devs follow this thread and also follow your example.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
i think im unable to save the game anymore. everytime i load the game, it starts from the same place (at room 28, 7 deaths) no matter how many times i've saved the game. i tried restarting the game, same things happen.
Hmm, this is very odd. I gave it a quick test just to make sure there isn't anything strange that slipped by in the most recent update, but it's working as intended. I'm not sure which browser you're on, but assuming Chrome, you can try fixing it manually with the following steps:

1. In the game, click right click and "Inspect"
2. At the top, look for the tabs "Elelemnts", "Console", "Sources", "Network", "Performance", "Memory", "Application", "Security"
3. Select "Application". It might be hidden in the default view - either drag the right panel left or click in >> to view the hidden tabs.
4. In "Application", a left panel will open. Under "Storage"/ "Local Storage", select "file://"
5. A list of key entries will open on the right. Select and delete all entries that start with "(Saved Game)"

Keep me posted how this goes, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Vincent Valensky, I just wanted to say again how impressive I find your interactions with fans on this site. You take even the most annoying complaints in stride, and you always provide helpful advice and express gratitude to those who find errors. I hope other devs follow this thread and also follow your example.
Thank you very much, Joe! As the sole coder behind this project, I definitely would never be where I am today without all the helpful reports and feedback from players, so I genuinely appreciate when people take the time to point something out or just leave a comment =)

Reactions: Ranma

rap_ray

Dec 6, 2018
Hmm, this is very odd. I gave it a quick test just to make sure there isn't anything strange that slipped by in the most recent update, but it's working as intended. I'm not sure which browser you're on, but assuming Chrome, you can try fixing it manually with the following steps:

1. In the game, click right click and "Inspect"
2. At the top, look for the tabs "Elelemnts", "Console", "Sources", "Network", "Performance", "Memory", "Application", "Security"
3. Select "Application". It might be hidden in the default view - either drag the right panel left or click in >> to view the hidden tabs.
4. In "Application", a left panel will open. Under "Storage"/ "Local Storage", select "file://"
5. A list of key entries will open on the right. Select and delete all entries that start with "(Saved Game)"

Keep me posted how this goes, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Thank you very much, Joe! As the sole coder behind this project, I definitely would never be where I am today without all the helpful reports and feedback from players, so I genuinely appreciate when people take the time to point something out or just leave a comment =)
thank for the quik respond! i think i know the reason. i just played another html game on chrome, when saving it says there is no storage left. "localStorage quota exceeded. delete some saves and try again" But I don't want to delete any save files..

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
thank for the quik respond! i think i know the reason. i just played another html game on chrome, when saving it says there is no storage left. "localStorage quota exceeded. delete some saves and try again" But I don't want to delete any save files..
Ah, that might be the reason indeed. Normally these saves aren't too large, so there may be something else bogging down your local storage - you can try cleaning it up from other things you no longer need in order to free up space. Alternatively, using a new Chrome account should open a completely clean Local Storage and cookies - if you are playing many games and need to keep the saves, this might be a solution for you.

Reactions: rap_ray

rap_ray

Dec 6, 2018
Ah, that might be the reason indeed. Normally these saves aren't too large, so there may be something else bogging down your local storage - you can try cleaning it up from other things you no longer need in order to free up space. Alternatively, using a new Chrome account should open a completely clean Local Storage and cookies - if you are playing many games and need to keep the saves, this might be a solution for you.
thank for the help, i'll try to solve it ;)

ArcherB

Jan 8, 2019
Good game, specially the writing (the art is just OK, IMO), although it becomes repetitive after a while. Since you have to repeat most of the scenes day after day in order of advance the story, it would be great if you don't get the same text, for example, every time the MC goes to have sex with another character in order of "refilling" the bracelet or other character kills the MC.
By the way, which traits can the MC get? If she is rebellious against Elise and other characters, she becomes dominant or sadistic instead of submissive and eager to serve, for example? Or, if you don't play along with the other character's abuses, you just miss the scenes or the story doesn't progress?

Last edited:

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Good game, specially the writing (the art is just OK, IMO), although it becomes repetitive after a while. Since you have to repeat most of the scenes day after day in order of advance the story, it would be great if you don't get the same text, for example, every time the MC goes to have sex with another character in order of "refilling" the bracelet or other character kills the MC.
By the way, which traits can the MC get? If she is rebellious against Elise and other characters, she becomes dominant or sadistic instead of submissive and eager to serve, for example? Or, if you don't play along with the other character's abuses, you just miss the scenes or the story doesn't progress?
Hey Aubrey, thanks for the comment! Normally the core scenes do change from day to day to avoid repetition, but of course that's up to a limit. If you find yourself repeating the same ones, it might mean that you've passed by an opportunity to branch in a new direction.

Regarding the traits the ones currently in the game are:

Submissive
Bestial Affection
Love for the grotesque
Desire for servitude
Morbid Fascination
Occultism

Some are more work in progress than others. In terms of dominance, we do have plans to go into this direction as an alternative play style, but it will be developed further once the main story is complete.

That being said, I do want to mention that most scenes are NOT mandatory for progressing the story. I do want to give genuine choices to the player, so if you don't feel like submitting or going down a specific path, most times the plot can be progressed anyway. There are notable exceptions to this with some of the cornerstone events, but overall you do have control.

On a related note, Chapter 2 is planned to be much more polarizing, with the sanity/lust challenges giving you either a situation where you take advantage of your powers to gain control of a situation, or you succumb to your desires and needs. As such a more dominant direction becomes possible if you play to the style.

ArcherB

Jan 8, 2019
That being said, I do want to mention that most scenes are NOT mandatory for progressing the story. I do want to give genuine choices to the player, so if you don't feel like submitting or going down a specific path, most times the plot can be progressed anyway. There are notable exceptions to this with some of the cornerstone events, but overall you do have control.
Thanks for the answer. The problem I see (not specifically with this game, but with a lot of erotic games) is that, if you don't want to pursue a specific fetish or path the writer is leading you, you don't have a real alternative. The story progresses, but the game just becomes shorter because you miss a good number of scenes. Anyway, I´m OK with those traits (although submitting to a spider, and the thing with the eggs, is too much for me). I just wanted to know if there is another path that justifies to give the game another run with different choices, trying to see other possible aspects of the MC.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Thanks for the answer. The problem I see (not specifically with this game, but with a lot of erotic games) is that, if you don't want to pursue a specific fetish or path the writer is leading you, you don't have a real alternative. The story progresses, but the game just becomes shorter because you miss a good number of scenes. Anyway, I´m OK with those traits (although submitting to a spider, and the thing with the eggs, is too much for me). I just wanted to know if there is another path that justifies to give the game another run with different choices, trying to see other possible aspects of the MC.
If the spider stuff specifically is not your cup of tea, it can be entirely avoided. That being said, the game is overall focusing on the grotesque aspect quite a bit, be it with Elise's spider scenes, Ionut's deformed body, the worms, Gwyllgi, etc. If that direction is not your cup of tea, you might have a hard time justifying another playthrough.

I do hear you about the railroading to a particular kink or fetish, but I also don't see much of a real alternative. For a multitude of reasons, erotic games have limited budgets and thus limited resources. As a sole writer, I would prefer to focus on polished content within a specific niche genre I enjoy, rather than spreading myself thin by having a little bit of everything with nothing to really write home about. I think the best that the niche games can do is to wear their identity on their sleeve and be upfront and transparent about what they offer. Not everything is for everyone and that's OK.

arpaschad

Sep 18, 2017
So just started playing this...is there no way to turn back into a guy? are you stuck being a girl? that's kinda FUBAR...lol

4.80 star(s) 48 Votes