dancecom

Dec 23, 2018
is the interpreter on the offical site ( ) safe to use? Alot of people talking about infected interpreters but not specifying where they downloaded. The one I used last week was ShameGamesGit.zip, am I ok?

Last edited:

MattC95

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Don't care about symantics, it shouldn't call home. If there is a requirement for an Edge plugin it should be the users choice not something a binary does.
Most apps call home for auto-update, some apps install their own stuff. You're making it sound like it's installing a keylogger or a rootkit when it's nothing of the like.

dancecom

Dec 23, 2018
is the interpreter on the offical site ( ) safe to use? Alot of people talking about infected interpreters but not specifying where they downloaded. The one I used last week was ShameGamesGit.zip, am I ok?
Any input on this? Trying to decide if I need to flatten and reinstall windows...

Fegar

Nov 15, 2017
Any input on this? Trying to decide if I need to flatten and reinstall windows...
it's from aika/area57. so i dont think they put any viruses in it(because they have something to lose, and are easy to track (patreon money)).

i would trust this file, so i would not reinstall windows. but i dont do any critical stuff on this computer.
you could switch to another interpreter, just to be sure. (i use gargoyle)

i just tested gargoyle now, and some antiviruses "detect" stuff to. (has a lot of interpreters most get detected from 1-3 noname brands with a generic.)

MattC95

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Debug Unlocker doesnt work with the current Strateg Version. Says game is outdated.
Download latest version from either:

Or download using launcher here:

rvs510

Nov 7, 2018
Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D premium, and Windows Defender all come back clean, and last year at least those were 3 of the best malware/AV detectors out there.

Birrah'Lai

May 28, 2018
Gargoyle, as Fegar mentioned is about the same as git (i have used both), and you can use them interchangeably, same saves and everything (you will need to change the extension of the save tho).

But i really don't understand why are some people being so paranoid.

Birrah'Lai

May 28, 2018
I have the solution for the virus/false positive thing:

1. Go to the website and download the launcher.

2. Install the launcher (wherever is ok, we will uninstall this later).

2. Open the launcher, it will tell you that is outdated, click the button and get the lastest version.

3. The new version will be instaled in appdata, so unistall the old version.

4. Go here and download wingit-135.

5. Go to your desktop and right click on the TQ Launcher's shortcut, select "open file location".

6. Now you are on the current launcher folder, open the GIT folder (DO NOT OPEN git.exe yet).

7. Grab the wingit-135 that you downloaded on step 4, and override the git that comes with the launcher.

Now you have the game (and launcher) virus/false positive free!
  • If this is your first time downloading the game you need to select a character window beffore you can play.
  • Also while you are at it, go to Git's options and invert the colors of "text" and "background".
  • If you uncheck the box that shows the menu and status bar, you will gain some screen size (you can access them by right clicking the title bar).

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 25 Votes