M95Zoner

May 6, 2020
it doesn't matter whether you used mod or not. You have a bug and a problem.
Why is not important and do not interest me. There is no help for the well-known bug that many have,
except delete everything and reinstall. For more information, see Make Money, Errors
I see. I can completely reinstall game and create a new directory on c:.

But can saves be corrupted ? I mean If I copy old saves in the newly reinstalled directory, will the bug be fixed or be carried on with old saves ?

oCATo

Aug 21, 2018
I see. I can completely reinstall game and create a new directory on c:.

But can saves be corrupted ? I mean If I copy old saves in the newly reinstalled directory, will the bug be fixed or be carried on with old saves ?
I dont know. The error can occur in three places: 1. In the saved files, 2.) in the path in which the game is located, 3.) in the path in which the saved files are located. It's not the same by every player. Best of all: Delete all three possible places where the error can occur. Because if it's in the saves too, deleting the other two locations is useless. And you don't know if it will cause problems in other parts in the game later.

Gumby

Oct 28, 2017
Grinding for gold?
OK: here was my technique for reliably grinding for cash (via silver talismans) before the v.19 update:
[...]
Anyone have a method for regularly finding gold talismans, equivalent to what worked for me for finding silver?
Now that we are up to version 0.65, with the latest shovel, awareness boosts, and new areas opened, FWIW, here is a sure-fire way to bring in the dough from talismans:
  • Go to the NE corner of the "deep jungle". Specifically, from the teleport, go North, East, North, North.
  • This area has about fifteen spawn point for treasure. It seems every time you enter the area, there is about a 15% chance that one will start twinkling.
  • Exit to the south (with down arrow key), re-enter (with up arrow key). You probably have one to three more spots twinkling.
  • Do this five or six times. Then go around a pick up all the treasures.
  • You'll probably pick up one to three silver talismans, three to six jade, and the rest stone.... and then the occasionally gold or even grand talisman.
  • Repeat until you are maxed out at close to x99 items. Then call Diana on the Satellite phone, and sell.
  • Watch the $ roll in!
Slightly lazier way to do this:
  • Instead of actively moving in and out of that area, just stand there and wait 15-20 minutes. You'll probably have sparkles at over 10 of the 15 spawn points. Collect them. Wait again.
  • Note I find (on Linux) that this doesn't happen if the window is minimized. So I just move it to a different desktop (aka "workspace") and let it sit there while I do other things... then when I need a break, go collect the newly spawned talismans.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRavenUK

MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
Is there a way out? After the quest talk I am on the inner side of the counter and can't pass him and exit the store. Also the phone is not an option since it's only shows tackle box. If I force close it, do I lose all the progress? Is there any solution to this?

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
Now that we are up to version 0.65, with the latest shovel, awareness boosts, and new areas opened, FWIW, here is a sure-fire way to bring in the dough from talismans:
  • Go to the NE corner of the "deep jungle". Specifically, from the teleport, go North, East, North, North.
  • This area has FIFTEEN spawn point for treasure...
I have found that if you go in and out 10 or 12 times you can get up to 17 spawn points. This is the max. Yes, this is a very good place for harvesting talismans.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
Is there a way out? After the quest talk I am on the inner side of the counter and can't pass him and exit the store. Also the phone is not an option since it's only shows tackle box. If I force close it, do I lose all the progress? Is there any solution to this?
You are not alone, I had the same problem and many others too.
I don't know about any solution.

klobber

Apr 20, 2020
I have found that if you go in and out 10 or 12 times you can get up to 17 spawn points. This is the max. Yes, this is a very good place for harvesting talismans.
Yes, 17 is the max on the north side, plus the two that spawn on the south side. I typically go in on 16.

I'd say that it yields at least one gold talisman on about half the runs, and you get a pretty good percentage of multiple gold talismans.

Grand talismans are rare, but they do come, and the rate has increased for v65 vs v63.

Others have said that they've farmed royal talismans, but I haven't. I've dug only one out of the ground, which I suspect relates to the crafting recipe necessary to the story-line.

Reactions: Gumby
4.50 star(s) 510 Votes