groq

Aug 12, 2017
So, if this is not the place to ask, I do apologize! I have read up on what I could find, but new and English is not my primary language! That being said, I have run into a problem and would like to ask for solutions if I may?

I downloaded the update.
I opend/unzipped the update in one window, and the "old" game in another. Pulled/draged everything from the update window, into the old version of the game, and pressed replace everything where then names/titles were the same (as pr a YouTube video on how to update the game)

Now, when I run the game, continuing from one of my saves at 66% (note, I haven't done anything with my saves, only did the steps mentioned above - was that the mistake?) I can go into some rooms/locations, like the store, but when going into others, I get a black window saying "Loading error: Failed to load" and then some text, ending in .png

What was my mistake and can I undo it?
what ver. was/is your old ver?
update means update from v.79041 to v.81042.
if your ver. was older than 79041, a lot of files are missing.
suggestion: download the full version, unzip it in a new dir & play.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Is Bruce unavailable to catch if you have the incest patch or something? It's been a couple updates and countless hours and he still has yet to spawn

Jan 24, 2021
what ver. was/is your old ver?
update means update from v.79041 to v.81042.
if your ver. was older than 79041, a lot of files are missing.
suggestion: download the full version, unzip it in a new dir & play.
If I am reading it right, my "old" version was 75031
Trying to find my save files but can't find it

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Is Bruce unavailable to catch if you have the incest patch or something? It's been a couple updates and countless hours and he still has yet to spawn
Dude I caught it at v60 something...:LOL: You don't need the upgrades but they definitely help you catch it... so 2 fishing guide books Heavy lures luck up and patience... :BootyTime:

Jan 24, 2021
Sorry, not that good at tech stuff :) I am going to get the new version, just trying to find my save so I don't have to start from scatch! I know someone posted a 80% game, but I was only at 66% and I actully like the story, so rather continue my own save if possible

EDIT: And i have looked under users\user name\appdate etc, can't find it there either

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Dude I caught it at v60 something...:LOL: You don't need the upgrades but they definitely help you catch it... so 2 fishing guide books Heavy lures luck up and patience... :BootyTime:
Had all those, including clover, since first attempt. This thing spawn rate feels lower than the lowest shiny pokemon

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
The patch has nothing to do with your chances to catch "Bruce". He has in fact been catchable long before the "fishing guides" and "four leaf clover" was available. You are just getting RNG'd, keep at it.
I've been highly suspect of tampering like that since the guy you bump into in the store only in versions that have been detected as patched in any way shape or form. But good to know.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Had all those, including clover, since first attempt. This thing spawn rate feels lower than the lowest shiny pokemon
And I wrapped up the whole fishing side hustle in less then an hour... So there has to be something wrong with what you are doing :LOL:

4.50 star(s) 513 Votes