adam93savage

Feb 25, 2020
why is there even talk of not finding the key just follow the instructions given from the soul stone and you will automatically get every thing

MadPAM

Apr 21, 2020
well i can play any AAA-game at high without problems but this game freezes at random
i have an Core i7 9800X, 32GB DDR4 RAM and 2 GTX 980ti's
drivers are up-to-date
Interestingly I have the same issue. Sometimes the game runs for hours with no issues and then it freezes are a few clicks.
I have an "old" i5 and Radeon RX 570. So my specs are plenty. And no, I don't have EPIC or Adobe running in the background...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Potato PC for the win!!

A decent computer isn't suitable for this kind of games I guess. I notice that more people with a powerful PC + GPU have problems to run all sort of games from F95 than people with a potato PC.

I guess Steam, Epic store, and other online clients, such as applications for Windows (like Adobe) are the reason behind it. These application are notorious for fucking up system files.

Whenever I read a post "I can play any AAA-game at high without problems but this game freezes at random" I just laugh. These people know how to play in ultra-high settings, but doesn't know how to debug a problem. And it is always the games fault, because AAA titles run perfect in ultra setting. In 99% of all cases it always the player's PC fault and not the games. :LOL:

And yes, RPG Maker MV games run a lot smoother on Unix-based computers than on Windows.
Win 10 is utter garbage for compatibility. MV isn't the most optimised engine to begin with. Add both and you get what's happening here. Older PCs running Win 7 have no problem with MV (if you got decent RAM to counter the memory leak), Win 10 will go out of its way to make sure you hate life while playing anything. Then you can factor-in the complete lack of reading skills shown around the thread and you end up with the sad state this place is in

Feb 7, 2018
It surprises me that anybody has trouble getting ToN to run on Windows/Linux/macOS. The game runs satisfactorily on a lot of old, even very old, machines with low specs. For example: It runs fine on my preowned used, abused and thoroughly beaten-up Lenovo T420 Thinkpad (i5-2520M CPU, 4 GiB, integrated Intel graphics) on both Windows 10 and Linux. And I got a copy of it running for a friend at Uni on his glacially slow Dell Optiplex 755 (Intel Core2 Duo CPU, 3 GiB RAM, Intel graphics) on Windows 7 and Linux (faster on Linux in fact) although on that system there is occasional flicker when the game plays sequences of mp4s and the odd stutter and freeze, once in a while, while the hard disk thrashes due to a lack of memory. Although I would find that kind of swappiness to be very annoying he seems to be as happy as a sandboy with the way the game plays on his ancient and antique equipment.

The system you describe is much, much more powerful than ToN needs to run brilliantly.

Being a poor student I can only envy anybody who owns a decent PC such as yours, even if it isn't at the bleeding edge of things and state of the art in respect to the most modern, up to date and expensive technology.
Potato PC for the win!!

A decent computer isn't suitable for this kind of games I guess. I notice that more people with a powerful PC + GPU have problems to run all sort of games from F95 than people with a potato PC.

I guess Steam, Epic store, and other online clients, such as applications for Windows (like Adobe) are the reason behind it. These application are notorious for fucking up system files.

Whenever I read a post "I can play any AAA-game at high without problems but this game freezes at random" I just laugh. These people know how to play in ultra-high settings, but doesn't know how to debug a problem. And it is always the games fault, because AAA titles run perfect in ultra setting. In 99% of all cases it always the player's PC fault and not the games. :LOL:

And yes, RPG Maker MV games run a lot smoother on Unix-based computers than on Windows.
Dudes, it's not a potato PC issue I've no idea why the ~1,5 yo fix isn't included in NLT's builds. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interestingly I have the same issue. Sometimes the game runs for hours with no issues and then it freezes are a few clicks.
I have an "old" i5 and Radeon RX 570. So my specs are plenty. And no, I don't have EPIC or Adobe running in the background...
https://f95zone.to/goto/post?id=2984733

Reactions: MadPAM

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
I think that the reason for your freezes is the fact that you are "running for hours". Most of these games are notorious for having memory leak issues. That means that as you are playing, the game is using more and more of your RAM, until finally it starts swapping RAM to the disk drive, and eventually it crashes or freezes. My suggestion to you is to save every so often and exit the game. Then start again and more memory space will be available.

Sep 27, 2019
Potato PC for the win!!

Yep. They didn't invent the term "golden oldies" for nothing and you can squeeze a lot of life out of an old PC if you have to. I don't believe that that RPG Maker games exploit the latest shaders, code and super-fast GPU resources available on the most modern graphic cards. (I seem to remember somebody telling me not, but then they don't need to really.) People don't seem to realise that to take advantage of multi-core CPUs and the most modern of modern graphic cards whatever it is that they are running has to have been explicitly coded to exploit them: if your application hasn't been developed to explicitly lever advantage from your hardware all the high-end hardware in the world won't benefit you one whit. (About as much good as huge stiff cock and inexhaustible virility would be to the Pope in point of fact.) Out of interest has anybody ever tried running ToN on Windows using the Windows version of Nw.js? Or using a pre-Windows 10 version of Windows inside a virtualized environment, like VMWare or VirtualBox, hosted by a Windows 10 computer? :unsure:

(Shit but that sounds weird.)

Just curious is all although too lazy to carry out the experiment myself. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cold_arctus

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
why is there even talk of not finding the key just follow the instructions given from the soul stone and you will automatically get every thing
No you don't.
To me it says I have to find the recipe for the bomb so I can blow up the wall in the lighthouse. I blew already several cavewalls with such bombs. It seems I need another basic container but I have used all of them, the last for the rat trap.
Maybe it would help to light up all torches to find another container. But the last one seems to be in the cave on the island. And that stupid father is always blocking the entrance.
So I am stuck and the soul crystal does not help a bloody bit.

Reactions: linkyn

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
No you don't.
To me it says I have to find the recipe for the bomb so I can blow up the wall in the lighthouse. I blew already several cavewalls with such bombs. It seems I need another basic container but I have used all of them, the last for the rat trap.
Maybe it would help to light up all torches to find another container. But the last one seems to be in the cave on the island. And that stupid father is always blocking the entrance.
So I am stuck and the soul crystal does not help a bloody bit.

The torch in the Estoro Key cave has to be lit to get the artifact to progress the story no? You should have already got that one. 2 in the first cave, 1 in the jungle, 2 at the church, 1 in Estoro Key cave.

Last edited:

Nscovil88

Apr 19, 2020
Great gameplay. Its super smooth. Okay now for viper/snake puzzle with 3 stones, anyone completed it? Need help here
You have to get the snake in the barrel. It will follow you around. Push one of the stones (top right) to block the opening near the top of the "maze." Then move all the way to the left and guide the snake to the barrel. After that, pick-up the barrel.

Caipi

Dec 13, 2017
Is every text on top of your screen like this? Or is it just the Photo Album? Which version are you using (original, compressed, update-only, Windows, Linux, Mac, Android)?
When I right-click on the game, every text in the top-box looks like in my sample picture. I am playing the original Windows version and this happens with the full version and the update-only. The text in the rest of the game picture is flawless

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for sharing this script. I have added it.
I suppose that I need to do this every time the game gets updated?
Nah. With every new version released, merge just the content of ../www folder without the index.html and the config.set files.
So, always leave the old, patched version; extract somwhere the new version and enter the www folder, select just the folders inside and drag and drop them to the www folder in the old, patched version. Merge and overwrite.

4.50 star(s) 508 Votes