Mikor987

May 20, 2020
Obviously you're gonna play on a system with a graphical server..., so apart from the usual Xorg/Wayland packages and base-devel, no, you only need those 2 in order to play the game. All other packages will be installed as dependencies. Again stop arguing when you haven't even tested it yourself. Go create a VM and see it yourself.
I have installed ToN just for the purpose of testing on

-Brand new installed Ubuntu 18.04
-Brand new installed Ubuntu 20.04
-Brand new installed Pop!_OS 20.04

NOTHING ELSE! not even a sudo apt update after install!

just by making executable nw and launcher.sh and had no problem starting ToN under these 3 OS!

I did not try Arch though!

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
I have installed ToN just for the purpose of testing on

-Brand new installed Ubuntu 18.04
-Brand new installed Ubuntu 20.04
-Brand new installed Pop!_OS 20.04

NOTHING ELSE! not even a sudo apt update after install!

just by making executable nw and launcher.sh and had no problem starting ToN under these 3 OS!

I did not try Arch though!

[...]
I'm making this post cause nobody here could ever clearly explain what is necessary and sufficient in order to play Treasure of Nadia on a bare Linux install. Most of the people who have answered, wrongly saying that it works out-of-the-box simply have systems with tons of packages installed which is why they didn't have to do anything, just as I didn't have to on my previous Ubuntu 18.04 system.
[...]

[...]
Again, on my Ubuntu system it works without any issues right away.
[...]
God, when will you people simply freaking read the messages you answer to.

Mikor987

May 20, 2020

God, when will you people simply freaking read the messages you answer to.
I can read you are talking about Arch ...

but let's not generalize to any Linux or even Debian install!
Many people will understand it does not work under Linux. They have no idea about Arch!

Feb 7, 2018
Obviously you're gonna play on a system with a graphical server..., so apart from the usual Xorg/Wayland packages and base-devel, no, you only need those 2 in order to play the game. All other packages will be installed as dependencies. Again stop arguing when you haven't even tested it yourself. Go create a VM and see it yourself.
Much to learn you still have, my young archer. You really don't need Wayland. You don't even need Really, just use this "guide", it's much simpler and works on any distro. EOT.

Edit. Just tried the Linux build from the OP, and it doesn't run on Arch, just because it's shipped with an outdated nwjs, incompatible with Arch's fontconfig and/or pango. Updating nwjs (as mentioned above) solves the issue, of course.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: phaubos

Xanado

May 9, 2018
So you think the picture comes from a video sequence ? The movie blocked?
And not the program ? It's like my guessing in my remote diagnosis.

I also had the blocking of film sequences in some of the games. So also in ToN.
Then my son said to me: Your graphics card is too stupid.
And he exchanged them ... and hasn't blocked since.
I have not drawn a conclusion from the issues he claims at all. What I'm saying is his picture is not a cut down picture of the one you provided, as you claim here:
You see: Your screen shows only a part of the picture.
They are very different pictures, you can tell by the viewing angle. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: groq

whatsit2u

Nov 26, 2019
What percentage are ya'll sitting on for the game? I'm on 72%, trying to see if im missing anything.
I really hope that you meant FORTY-two percent... because that's as far as the game currently goes. 72% would be a helluva game breaker in the next update.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ There were dudes with ~80% and 6 hearts on every girl around January. 100% legit too ;)

takinhajr

Jul 30, 2020
Hi everyone!! =)

I'm new here and wanted a help!
After the game tells him to eat a Maca plant, and after returning from the hospital, he says to go meet Madalyn, to show Pirate Diary, but she is not in the church or in her room.
I'm in 31% of the game, is it only in the future update?
Thanks to those who help! =)

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Hi everyone!! =)

After the game tells him to eat a Maca plant, and after returning from the hospital, he says to go meet Madalyn, to show Pirate Diary, but she is not in the church or in her room.
Are you using mods? i hear people saying mods are breaking the game when you look for Madelyn. The safest way to cheat is using save editor.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone!! =)

You be screwed, either restart after removing all your filthy cheats/mods/save edits or try some1's save spread around the thread. Also keep away from anything not the fullbuild just to be safe from now on

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
4.50 star(s) 513 Votes