worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
Cant seem to find where to put the saves,kind of a noob at this help would be appreciated.thanks
Would be easier to help you if you gave more details (mainly, what system you're playing on), but luckily for you the answer is in the original post of this thread

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
Linux version is a joke. RPGM uses very outdated version of nw.js that won't work in any modern distro. Moreover, nw.js is a bugged piece of shit itself. Font problems, codec problems ... whatever but not a stable work.
A lot of versions of nw.js don't suit Treasure of Nadia. However I've got the game to run brilliantly on every Linux system I've come across as follows.

1. Download the 0.42.6 version of nw.js from here:

Click the "Previous releases" link and navigate to the 0.42.6 version that suits your system. Usually this will be the 64-bit Linux version below:

Download the 0.42.6 version of the shared object libffmpeg.so from here:

The correct one for the 64-bit Linux version mentioned above is:

3:

Extract the folder in file the nwjs-v0.42.6-linux-x64.tar.gz archive somewhere writable and rename the folder if you care to. I'm going to keep calling it the nwjs folder for reference in future.

4:

Extract the libffmpeg.so from the 0.42.6-linux-x64.zip file into the lib folder inside the nwjs folder to replace the original, which hasn't been complied to play mp4 video.

5:

Copy the www folder and package.json file from the Treasure of Nadia folder to the nwjs folder and you're pretty much done. (You need the package.json in order to read and write from/to wherever your previous saves are located. ) To test the game open a terminal, navigate to the nwjs folder and run the game by typing ./nw at the prompt and hitting enter. When I did this the game started up but it is possible on your system that the nw file might not have been set as an executable. If this happens type sudo chmod +x nw, enter your superuser password and hit enter or set the executable bit in the file using your GUI.

Most Linux now comes with a polished GUI and so you should be able to add a launcher to the nw executable to your Desktop and/or some menu to execute the game with a click of the mouse or tap of the touchpad.

Always works for me and I hope it works for you.

Last edited:

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
Would be easier to help you if you gave more details (mainly, what system you're playing on), but luckily for you the answer is in the original post of this thread
must have over looked it or didn't grasp it as i wrote Im kind of a noob at this.thanks for the reply

May 6, 2019
I can't seem to find the windows version of the game. I tried the link on the first page but it won't give me a zipped folder. The last version of the game I had was v48091. Could someone provide me with a windows download link so I can continue where I left off please?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I can't seem to find the windows version of the game. I tried the link on the first page but it won't give me a zipped folder. The last version of the game I had was v48091. Could someone provide me with a windows download link so I can continue where I left off please?
.rar is just another compression format such as .zip. Download WinRaR or 7zip and you are good to go.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I finished everything up until the current version and it seems that I've lost one of the broken keys. I've looked at all the places the last 3 were supposed to be and they are all gone. However, I only have 3 broken keys in my inventory. Not really sure what happened to the 4th one.

Edit: I've gone through all the locations from the walkthroughs that is suppose to have the broken keys placed and I did not find any in those locations. So, it seems that either the game has broken in not placing one of the broken keys or my inventory is broken and lost one of the broken keys.

Is there any way of adding the one key to my inventory so I can complete this version?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cgt35
4.50 star(s) 508 Votes