Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
so is the swf version being put on hold so they can update the browser version?
is the swf version no longer gonna get updates?
what is the lastest version?
(i have been away from the game for about a year)
SWF is abandoned, they're migrating to Java now.
Sooo Java WILL have more contents than the last swf update after it finishes catching up.

KinkyFoxXX

Jan 30, 2021
What was the reason they decided to abandon the .SWF?
Will I still be able to playing it on my phone?
________
Still confused on which is the latest/has the most content at the moment. Is it the java or the .SWF?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
What was the reason they decided to abandon the .SWF?
Will I still be able to playing it on my phone?
________
Still confused on which is the latest/has the most content at the moment. Is it the java or the .SWF?
T H E Y ' R E . M I G R A T I N G . T O . J A V A . N O W .

I don't know about the phone stuff though but I think you still can?

Reactions: Ssato243
Aug 18, 2017
Well I can see shit has certainly changed since I came around here last when 1.8.140 was the newest release, looks like shit's gotten a bit more complicated to setup and fuck with too, oh great.
So does the java port have any exclusive content despite being a lower version than the last APK, or is it just all the same and Fenoxo's merely working on patching stuff back up to date and nothing'll be missed out on if I just stick with the final .150 update of the apk for now?

fedoraTipping

Jul 1, 2021
Is Java version unreleased? Is the Javascript version contain all things? I am a little confused, being a first time player. The Javascript version seem pretty bland. Does this game contain very little pictures?

Or, I should ask, for a player how doesn't care about the latest stuff, which port has the most pictures?

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
you can easily look at their website to know that the js version has "more" (one new npc wowwww) content than the swf version now. and it wont fuck up your save file (that bad, anymore. most are fixed and i cant find anymore issues with it at this point). I have no doubt they will release a downloadable version themselves still sometime within this year lmao.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
nobody cares if it's JS/Java/Javascript/who gives a shit
If it were Java I could decompile it into a fully usable, multi-class project that I could then edit as I please. Javascript minification creates an eldritch monstrosity where hundreds of source files are all dumped into one ten thousand character line of code.

Other reasons people give a shit:
  • Java projects require a program from oracle to run. Javascript will run in your browser. This is true for both phones and PC.
  • Java is owned by Oracle, which is a soul-stealing husk of a corporation that has managed to kill nearly every project it's acquired. Debatably, one of the only reasons Java isn't among the list of things its killed is because Minecraft was written in Java.
  • Java is a compiled language that (despite its faults) runs faster and more efficiently than JavaScript.
  • If this project were in Java, it would be a very quick copy-paste and search+replace away from being a fully functional C# game that could be even more efficient.
  • Java is far more strict about errors, which means all of these crash bugs that we're running into would be things the compiler would complain to the developers about, instead of them learning when we run face-first into them.
  • Some people aren't dismissive about important details that they don't care about personally.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Every time I read through this thread my eye starts twitching at the people using Java and javascript interchangeably.

They're not the same thing. They're not even close to the same thing.

And it does matter which one they're using, because how game modding will be done changes heavily. Plus running everything through the browser makes injecting content into the game while its active easier. As well as not needing Java to run the game, and Java seems to have weekly security issues on its own these days.

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
who to customize gray goo armor in java browser?
You can talk to her in your ship to customize but a lot of the stuff cant be unlocked thanks to interacting with equipped items not being in the game yet. If you want to save edit to unlock the stuff these are the variables.

JSON:
"GOO_ARMOR_AUTOSUCK": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_AUTOCLEAN": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_CUSTOMIZE": 2,
"GOO_ARMOR_UVETO_COLD": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_ADV_HEAL": 100,
"GOO_ARMOR_MEDICAL": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_SWIMSUIT": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_HEAL_LEVEL": 1,

Aug 18, 2017
you can easily look at their website to know that the js version has "more" (one new npc wowwww) content than the swf version now. and it wont fuck up your save file (that bad, anymore. most are fixed and i cant find anymore issues with it at this point). I have no doubt they will release a downloadable version themselves still sometime within this year lmao.
Oh aye, I know the site has consistent dev logs, it's just, as I said, I stopped paying attention to this for a while. And now that I'm back there's a massive backlog of them to go through. And going through them to compare the differences, even if one was listed as an older version, was taking enough time I figured I'd just ask if anyone'd be willing to help out, and just inform me of any potentially exclusive content between the two that might've popped up since then.

Use the reply button if you're gonna reply.
No they're still behind. The public version doesn't even have Dhaal yet. Also the save bugs still persist

Lmao?
Ah, so nothings actually new? Well that's a weight off my back for a bit, least I can still use titsed for file modding while I'm still trying to work out the kinks of manual editing

ZaidMesa

Sep 5, 2021
Why are people saying that the JS version is behind? The download in this thread has all the content the flash version has, and more. It does have Dhaal and new content like Syri crew.

The game is JS so you can run the html file on android if you want to.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
You can talk to her in your ship to customize but a lot of the stuff cant be unlocked thanks to interacting with equipped items not being in the game yet. If you want to save edit to unlock the stuff these are the variables.

JSON:
"GOO_ARMOR_AUTOCLEAN": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_CUSTOMIZE": 2,
"GOO_ARMOR_UVETO_COLD": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_ADV_HEAL": 100,
"GOO_ARMOR_MEDICAL": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_SWIMSUIT": 1,
"GOO_ARMOR_HEAL_LEVEL": 1,
They can still be unlocked through crew interactions on ship. Heat, heal ect all work. Def need a better system, but still.

Reactions: Great Sudoku
Aug 18, 2017
Why are people saying that the JS version is behind? The download in this thread has all the content the flash version has, and more. It does have Dhaal and new content like Syri crew.

The game is JS so you can run the html file on android if you want to.
Manual editing is still a pain in comparison to just plugging a session into titsed, and even if you can run the html on android via the browser, starting it up can be twitchy, and so can running it. Such as chrome bugging the page out because you wanted to look at a different tab, or you just shut your phone off and the auto lock from landscape to portrait when you turn it back on resets the page (an experience I've had with other html games, which is why I rather liked the whole APK thing fenoxo had going on before, it was nice being able to play his games on both PC and mobile with launchers actually optimized for 'em)

Also going by what I've been reading even if JS has a a bit of exclusive content for it's version, it's also got a fair bit of functionality issues that usually require manual editing to even access certain features at times

Though an actual list of what new/updated content is exclusive would still be welcome when it comes to making the decision to fully move over to JS, or wait it out for a bit until everything seems to be worked out and running a bit smoother on their end. Like Dhaal certainly sounds interesting, got some fun looking enemies, also another robot gal, but not really enough content to actually play a full session to that point in JS rather than just porting a save from the APK/swf exclusively for using when I feel like fucking around there, but if I'm missing out on like, a decent amount of new lines and/or missions for pre-existing stuff at that point it's enough of a content loss to fully swap over

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes