Enthusiass

Jun 21, 2018
Was it the actual file? Anonfiles does seem to have a problem with delivering fake/malicious files if you don't have an adblocker, so was it the proper .7z file or did it download like an .exe? It seems clean on my end.
7z and all the browsers I have are running ublock cuz heck ads, honestly this is the one of the numbered times where defender came in to swing about.
Untitled.jpg

Here's the latest TITs backer version TiTS-backer-0.9.007-2171

couple o' bugfixes

IMPORTANT INFO
there's two download links I made in the folder, one for the new version, and one for the x2 and x4 images. so for the people who don't want to download at the same time can have a peace of mind.
This one got through without triggering the av. Man that is weird, must have been a hickup on my end.

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
God dammit, just let me store the damn game on a remote drive and play it in my browser and use my text to speech.
Guess I'm staying on 0.9.002 till I can find a way around this.

Last edited:

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
So like some others have said I can't get the images to show up in this build the files are in the right location and I tried to launch it via the index file.

Ok so finally you place the img folder in Tits folder-resources-apps-resources and then launch with the index file, I thought that it was supposed to be in the first resource folder (why would I even think there was another one?) why can't anything ever be simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burning Heretic

canibusted

Mar 17, 2019
God dammit, just let me store the damn game on a remote drive and play it in my browser and use my text to speech.
It's not electron-only.. they are releasing the browser version simultaneously. You can play it in the browser?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
No HTML version of newest one??
There is. Download the electrron version, go into the resources folder, then app, and the HTML file and all the other resources are there. You can then run it in browser. I have done this myself and it works fine.

Orfunk

Mar 27, 2017
Here's the latest TITs backer version TiTS-backer-0.9.007-2171

couple o' bugfixes

IMPORTANT INFO
there's two download links I made in the folder, one for the new version, and one for the x2 and x4 images. so for the people who don't want to download at the same time can have a peace of mind.
Can anyone upload it anywhere else? Can't use gofiles for reasons. Thanks in advance.

canibusted

Mar 17, 2019
It'll be interesting to see how that works since they're trying to make it a progressive web app. Granted they still seem to struggle with APKs so I'm not hopeful that they'll be able to learn PWAs quickly, but I expect it'll be interesting.
Have you seen some of their JS code? It's something else... I want to think it was just b/c it was a minimal translation from AS3 but... it's... pretty rough. I imagine they'd have a much easier time adding content or keeping things stable if it wasn't only converted to use JS modules, but also stepped back and figured out how to make it not such a house of cards. That's how it goes with tech debt, every time...

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Have you seen some of their JS code? It's something else... I want to think it was just b/c it was a minimal translation from AS3 but... it's... pretty rough. I imagine they'd have a much easier time adding content or keeping things stable if it wasn't only converted to use JS modules, but also stepped back and figured out how to make it not such a house of cards. That's how it goes with tech debt, every time...
I'm not much of a coder so I can't really speak to how well coded the game is, but they started work on the JS port over a year ago. So if it's really as bad as you say, I can't imagine how they've been spending all that time. That said, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that Gedan, the guy who handled building the APKs for the flash version, told me that he could either spend a bunch of time getting mobile builds out (something he should already know the basics of considering he's done it before) or he could learn a completely new system (PWAs) and it would still take the same amount of time.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
I'm not much of a coder so I can't really speak to how well coded the game is, but they started work on the JS port over a year ago. So if it's really as bad as you say, I can't imagine how they've been spending all that time. That said, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that Gedan, the guy who handled building the APKs for the flash version, told me that he could either spend a bunch of time getting mobile builds out (something he should already know the basics of considering he's done it before) or he could learn a completely new system (PWAs) and it would still take the same amount of time.
Lmao I saw that, all I could do was wheeze. I've no idea how they have three moderately functional games, let alone one :KEK:

canibusted

Mar 17, 2019
The impression I get from poking around in the dev tools while the game is running is that they spent much of the time converting AS3 to JS, and building up the new UI. That's a huge ass task, I'm sure, and they have obviously done some things to make stuff better.

I have to add that I enjoy TiTS a lot and I fully support their transition to JS, I'm just armchair developer-ing. It's easy for me to be critical of how the game works, b/c I have lots of both game and web dev experience. If it were me I'd have used the JS update to 'refactor', not just 'port', but many of their decisions make sense.

The biggest thing that jumped out to me is that the game code seems to rely a lot on 'side effects' (technical term). How flags get set and where they are read from is kind of all over the place. That's considered a very poor design choice, b/c it makes it hard to keep track of and maintain things over time. I imagine some of that is b/c of TiTS starting in Flash/AS3/whatever. That is probaby the biggest basic problem that ripples out into other issues, like the insane (imo) inefficiency in their save game files, softlocks during encounters, etc.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
The impression I get from poking around in the dev tools while the game is running is that they spent much of the time converting AS3 to JS. That's a huge ass task, I'm sure, and they have obviously done some things to make stuff better.

I have to add that I enjoy TiTS a lot and I fully support their transition to JS, I'm just armchair developer-ing. It's easy for me to be critical of how the game works, b/c I have lots of both game and web dev experience. If it were me I'd have used the JS update to 'refactor', not just 'port', but many of their decisions make sense.

The biggest thing that jumped out to me is that the game code seems to rely a lot on 'side effects' (technical term). How flags get set and where they are read from is kind of all over the place. That's considered a very poor design choice, b/c it makes it hard to keep track of and maintain things over time. I imagine some of that is b/c of TiTS starting in Flash/AS3/whatever. That is probaby the biggest basic problem that ripples out into other issues, like the insane (imo) inefficiency in their save game files, softlocks during encounters, etc.
Fair enough! I try not to be critical of their coding decisions and such, because I know very little about that field. I try to keep my criticisms generally more aimed at their development/design decisions and the fact that Fen, Savin, and some of the others have... a very long history of being greedy and having no respect for their audience (a massive oversimplification) and tend to do as little work as possible except what's necessary to keep the gravy train running.

That said, they have genuinely put in the effort to transition the game over to JS, and since Fen stepped back and Savin took over the number of delays due to unspecified illness has gone from "practically every other month" in the pre-JS days to "none." So that's a plus. The number of planned planets being cut down as well also indicates a genuine effort on their part to finish the game. Though the exact reasons behind that effort are up for interpretation.

I do also sincerely enjoy the game, I've just been following Fen and co since the days of CoC and am intimately familiar with some of the things they've done in the past. Love the game, dislike the devs, as it were.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes