jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
"Usual bug fixer" I thought the fenco team was dealing with they fixes in general, did they just let one guy handle it?
Also, I presume they're not making the same "mistake" and releasing source code this time for the port, let alone the original flash.
what mistake is that?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Also, I presume they're not making the same "mistake" and releasing source code this time for the port, let alone the original flash.
Why would releasing the source code be a mistake? Other than people discovering just how shit the code is.

Jtecx

Jul 23, 2021
Yeah, they feel like releasing the source code for others to help them (at the time, that was the thinking from what I've gathered) clean up some content led to significant parts of the source being altered to the point where apparently fenoxo couldn't figure out how it worked anymore.

If anything, I found working with the current Xianxia codebase to be rather nice, albeit still a bit messy but the IDE helps with it a bit.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, they feel like releasing the source code for others to help them (at the time, that was the thinking from what I've gathered) clean up some content led to significant parts of the source being altered to the point where apparently fenoxo couldn't figure out how it worked anymore.
I'm an ignorant savage so please excuse my confusion, but that doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't Fen or whoever's hosting the master repository ultimately have control over what does and does not get merged with the source code? How can he/the team fail to understand how the code works when they have to approve what does and does not get changed? Was he merging changes to the master without actually knowing what they did?

Jtecx

Jul 23, 2021
I'm an ignorant savage so please excuse my confusion, but that doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't Fen or whoever's hosting the master repository ultimately have control over what does and does not get merged with the source code? How can he/the team fail to understand how the code works when they have to approve what does and does not get changed? Was he merging changes to the master without actually knowing what they did?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wasn't here when that happened. So honestly, I have no idea what the actual chain of events were.
Yes, Fenco should have final say as to what gets pulled into the repo. But possibly, they just blindly pulled without really checking how it worked. Or perhaps, someone else did understand it but Fenoxo himself didn't. AFAIK, their "team" was also comprised of a mixed group of varying levels of coders.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wasn't here when that happened. So honestly, I have no idea what the actual chain of events were.
Yes, Fenco should have final say as to what gets pulled into the repo. But possibly, they just blindly pulled without really checking how it worked. Or perhaps, someone else did understand it but Fenoxo himself didn't. AFAIK, their "team" was also comprised of a mixed group of varying levels of coders.
Fair enough. We'll probably never know what exactly happened with that then, but thanks for the reply.

JaegerNimrod

May 24, 2018
"Usual bug fixer" I thought the fenco team was dealing with they fixes in general, did they just let one guy handle it?
If you go and look at the bug reports forum most of the fixed bugs are by Gedan. A few others also work at it but Gedan seems to be the busiest and most prominent programmer in general (at least recently).

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
i think i thew my hat in the coc ring in the past. If I remember correctly I removed needing the adobe suite to edit the gui because i i used some 3rd party library to reimpliment it.

Reactions: Jtecx

Jtecx

Jul 23, 2021
i think i thew my hat in the coc ring in the past. If I remember correctly I removed needing the adobe suite to edit the gui because i i used some 3rd party library to reimpliment it.
...OH WAIT NOW I REMEMBER WHY I'VE HEARD YOUR NAME, YOU WORKED ON ADDING THE ANT AND TRAVIS CI THING

And the screen-reader support thing too.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The new engine is buggy as fuck for me.

Map keeps disappearing and I get locked in menus.

I haven't even got past the start yet. I open up my inventory, I get stuck in inventory. I avoid that and try to heal at the medbot and then get stuck in her menu.

Pressing back takes me to the main menu and it just switches between whetever screen i'm stuck on and the menu.

Crashes on every vendor too.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Can't say I've ever experienced any of those issues. Could be that the latest version is bugged.

4.00 star(s) 65 Votes