4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
It shouldn't matter. But I know from experience what happened with TRS2 that... weird shit is going to happen for no good reason. I was able to mostly to "fix" the issue with the x not defined (and refining fix to it even more once I get it assembled so it doesn't explode...) so it had to develop a new error to plague me >.>
Maybe it's all that hair? You know like pet hair clogging your Vacuum cleaner?

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
New 2024 resolution - marry the extremely fit absolutely fabulous maiden you meet on your tragic journey.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1704135077422.png
One mounted ... one hooked to the carriage ... that is two .. .where be the third horsey? If already seeing you are walking in this ambush with barricades you cannot go through with your horses, why not save the two you need and ride shotgun on the carriage feingning ignorance and also sparce resources, as opposed to opulence aloof with one horse wasted under MC and your party split?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress from 01.01.2024 as of 3 hours ago:
Hello all.
Slightly frustrated at DAZ today, but that's nothing new. Beyond that, I had a fairly productive weekend. I have two, maybe three, scenes left to do rendering wise. Which is a relief in all honesty. But at the same time, this update has finally hammered in that while I want to do the updates as quickly as possible, there will be times I just have to accept that it will take time to get the scenes like I want them to be. Some of the renders I've done have been awesome, in my opinion.

Writing. It's... flowing just need to write, really. Just need to put my headphones on and shut everything out for a moment and it will write itself, almost. But while I'm not exactly on schedule with it, I'm in a good place with it, so all is good.

And then some interruptions while travelling. Travelling times can be either boon or a hindrance of sorts. More often than not, it is a time skip and we fade from black in a new location. That's fine. Realistically, unless you are deep in the wilderness, there is a limited amount of encounters that can happen. While in the more border regions there are more dangerous, the heartlands of the empire are relatively safe and dull. That and constant, seemingly random encounters can get tedious. Although I need to look into something for those travelling times, unfortunately... I can't draw.

1704135193443.png
Small bonus render. I like night time renders; they feed my imagination... probably partially why I enjoy writing middle of the night. And one of the rare occasions where I use some sort of blur. I could use it, but I do have a few reasons why I don't. Two of the more important ones is that they give me a headache. I look at them for long periods of time while doing post, so after a while I'd spend a day in bed just to trying to get rid of the headache. Second is... if I use them I can't hide things in the backgrounds anymore. Part of their charm is that they are there, happening, and you might miss them until second or third playthrough. If I would do them while using blurring, I would have to remove the blur and you would instantly know that something would be happening, and part of the charm would be lost.
Anyway, TL;DR. Things are going nicely for a change.

Just made use of the standard S key for screenshots in Ren*Py.
The fuck is this moiré-shit? Did you photograph that off an 8" monochrome CRT monitor?
Seems this borked the whole thing, as it still says 1920 x 1080.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garrokin

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
well this is a surprisingly greate start to a new title. Barring the beyond gods awful 'dirty talk' during sex scenes which mercifully can be turned off.

TheBigone19

Jun 16, 2019
Error using full version, the value is settet after the first use ?
coping
$ zarron_name = "Zarron" in line 69
$ dharu_name = "Dharu" in line 133

solved the bug

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/update4.rpy", line 133, in script
DHARU "May the Lady's peace be upon you and your companions, human."
NameError: name 'dharu_name' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1115, in __call__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.4.0
Mon Jan 01 18:21:30 2024

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Error using full version, the value is settet after the first use ?
coping
$ zarron_name = "Zarron" in line 69
$ dharu_name = "Dharu" in line 133

solved the bug

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1115, in __call__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\_USER_C\Carlo\Downloads\ToaM-0.4.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.4.0
Mon Jan 01 18:21:30 2024
They are all defined, just ren'py being twat. Reloading a save should sort it.

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
well prev. might and magic game had orcs and trs2 had orcish woman so i'd say normal.
Not quite sure what your point is ^^

There are many fantasy games that has no orc women, and I like them so.. I want them in as many as possible :D

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not quite sure what your point is ^^

There are many fantasy games that has no orc women, and I like them so.. I want them in as many as possible :D
well on 2 of his 3 games before this has had orcs or "orc" and has had sex with them so logical that trend continues.

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
well on 2 of his 3 games before this has had orcs or "orc" and has had sex with them so logical that trend continues.
Is there one in sorcerer? (Maybe I did not play that long enough) But what is the other?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is there one in sorcerer? (Maybe I did not play that long enough) But what is the other?
well there were some orchish (don't remember what they were called) types in sorc and same with terminus reach sentinel 2 (sequel to trs1) had 1 (not actual orc but looked like orc).

Reactions: OrcDra

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
well there were some orchish (don't remember what they were called) types in sorc and same with terminus reach sentinel 2 (sequel to trs1) had 1 (not actual orc but looked like orc).
There were no orcs in Sorcerer. Goblins (that MC didn't fuck) or a Titaness (with bulgy muscles, not green), but no orcs.

Reactions: OrcDra
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes