4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1704611044136.png

Girl talk. Shani isn't filling the same role as Chiel. She will react alongside of a few characters when they are treated nicely or poorly. Or if you make certain choices regarding other characters, she might react negatively. Gweyr is a bit special case regarding with Shani. She respects her, and wants the best for her, so some talking if things are certain way. And this leads to the point I want to make. Most characters have tolerance when it comes to their affection. So taking a negative point here and there won't affect their interest too greatly. Ayaka is different. It's all or nothing when it comes to her. And while you still can get affection with her, it won't lead into romance. I'm not at that point yet with her, but there might be a secondary effect to it for her. Namely, to be more understanding. I have to see how it goes since it's mostly written. Eh. At worst, I just need to macro an if statement.

And in case you wonder why I haven't decided on that thing yet? I have, but as it is with all the development, initial plan might not work and trying to force the original "vision" on certain things just might make things more complicated than they need to be. So certain flexibility is required. Also, I need to do some codex entries... whee. Never a dull moment.

1704611064865.png
Progress from 05.01.2024 of 2 days ago
It's done, 0.5.0 has been rendered. I'll do the post and coding today and send it to be tested and proofread. And those of you on discord already know that instead of reusing Shani's scene from update 3 (that was the original plan) I decided to make a new scene with her, without that it would have been done on Tuesday/Wednesday. But I'm actually happier this way. Anyway, once the proofing is done I'll start rolling it out in the usual schedule.
So then what? I'll write the weekend and start rendering 0.6.0 on Monday. And speaking of writing, it is in okay shape. Although the thing that amuses me is the choices. As you've seen, there have been more choices over all. Some are not so impactful, some might have more impact than you perceive. Update 0.9.0 is one of those updates that I'm having a more difficult time putting choices in. At least in the first part. But when it is time, they will fall into their places.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Otherwise good update, though i kind of find it odd that MC wouldn't mention about the scroll that got past the wards in academy to any of the masters.
Actually, I'm coming back to this since I'm writing stuff regarding to... this, kind of. Now if you stop and think what has been in the VN so far. Someone got past the Imperial Palaces wards and killed the Prince Satoshi, if they can get past those wards which most likely would be far stronger than the wards at the academy, the masters wouldn't be too surprised about if someone got past theirs and there wasn't counter measures triggered by them... (like there was with that one pervy gnome). But mostly it wasn't mentioned because the MC kind of assumes they know and he just missed the fireworks. Or it was delivered by a familiar who can get past the wards when certain requirements are met, and which are know by a lot of mages all over the world.

However! This doesn't mean that the vampires that dropped the scroll off did it, but at the same time, it doesn't mean they didn't. So what I'm saying I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions from this alone, as I assume you saw the floating being in that one scene on that day, which might or might not be important...

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: gojira667

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Actually, I'm coming back to this since I'm writing stuff regarding to... this, kind of. Now if you stop and think what has been in the VN so far. Someone got past the Imperial Palaces wards and killed the Prince Satoshi, if they can get past those wards which most likely would be far stronger than the wards at the academy, the masters wouldn't be too surprised about if someone got past theirs and there wasn't counter measures triggered by them... (like there was with that one pervy gnome).

However! This doesn't mean that the vampires that dropped the scroll off did it, but at the same time, it doesn't mean they didn't. So what I'm saying I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions from this alone, as I assume you saw the floating being in that one scene on that day, which might or might not be important...
I like the idea that MC isn't stupid OP right off the bat. as much as I loved your other games, I felt like making those 2 characters OP from the start kind of deprived us of serious growth in regards to things like training

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I like the idea that MC isn't stupid OP right off the bat. as much as I loved your other games, I felt like making those 2 characters OP from the start kind of deprived us of serious growth in regards to things like training
Truth to be told, Garrett or Alexander aren't actually that OP as is, there are people and beings that are more powerful than them. But the problem lies more of the style of the stories. Fuck up and you die, and the situations in both of those games were more along the lines that the enemy didn't need or want prisoners. In Garrett's case, the growth was more in becoming more "human". During TRS1 giving Nica a headpats would have been out of the question. Or he would most likely just killed Anqa as well when her guards attacked him. Granted, that change wasn't exactly seen happening as is, but more observed. As for Alexander? Well, that would be a thing for Sorcerer sequel.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
After TRS2, double "yes, please!!!" (y)
*As long as the faerie dragon returns! ;):ROFLMAO:
TRS2? Ummmm... I think we are kind of past that already >.> After Tribulations is done? It's not a secret as I've already said it over a year ago that it will be the 5th VN I make (Sorcerer sequel that is)... Of course with the usual caveat as long as things go as planned. Two years is a long time and unfortunately, a lot of unexpected things can happen between now and then.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
OoO - Eyes popping out at the words Sorcerer and Sequel in the same sentence from Talothral
-Had to refresh to see whichone's reply, and she would have to come back, she's part of who Alexander is... along with the 500 children... lol
I wasn't sure when we might see it, but 5th sounds good.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
TRS2? Ummmm... I think we are kind of past that already >.>
Sorry, perhaps my post wasn't particularly clear.
I meant, given that I enjoyed both TRS1 & Sorcerer, then I thoroughly enjoyed TRS2, if a Sorcerer sequel is anything like as good as that sequel was, I can't wait.

Reactions: Talothral

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
OoO - Eyes popping out at the words Sorcerer and Sequel in the same sentence from Talothral
-Had to refresh to see whichone's reply, and she would have to come back, she's part of who Alexander is... along with the 500 children... lol
I wasn't sure when we might see it, but 5th sounds good.
Tbh 500 might be on the lower end of estimation, if you went with the gorgon nest as your ally. :love:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Not to be an ass, but does that mean I'll get backstabbed again like I did in Sorcerer? I'm still a bit salty over that. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe? >.>

Although, you might need to "suffer" Miyuki if you didn't like her. Sorcerer wasn't exactly built to have a sequel in mind originally, so some things might need to be glossed over with "canon" start, like Miyuki still being there, just her role might be an advisor and no kid with her and Aya. I'll try my best to give most options as similar "Did you do this or that" questionnaire as there is at the start of TRS2 (Except for Chiel since a lot of the story would fall apart without her), but the story in the end will dictate what is the best option. Although, there will be a question on the canon path about the Gorgon vs Fiery Fangs, as that wouldn't be as simple matter.

Sorry, perhaps my post wasn't particularly clear.
I meant, given that I enjoyed both TRS1 & Sorcerer, then I thoroughly enjoyed TRS2, if a Sorcerer sequel is anything like as good as that sequel was, I can't wait.
Kinda figured it a few minutes later, but lazy to edit post again at 4 in the morning.

But as a side note not to be off-topic more than needed; There will be choices that have that have severe consequences (including literal backstab) but they are behind at least two choices (this time anyway) and should be clear enough from what the characters say that the choice that was just made might not be the best one.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Truth to be told, Garrett or Alexander aren't actually that OP as is, there are people and beings that are more powerful than them. But the problem lies more of the style of the stories. Fuck up and you die, and the situations in both of those games were more along the lines that the enemy didn't need or want prisoners. In Garrett's case, the growth was more in becoming more "human". During TRS1 giving Nica a headpats would have been out of the question. Or he would most likely just killed Anqa as well when her guards attacked him. Granted, that change wasn't exactly seen happening as is, but more observed. As for Alexander? Well, that would be a thing for Sorcerer sequel.
I meant it felt like every enemy they went up against they always had the upper hand. like in Sorcerer, MC easily kills everyone with little effort. of course their growth as people is great because like you said, MC in TRS1 and 2 grows to be more understanding instead of their policy of "oh look, a person who doesn't know they are a dead body yet". on an unrelated note, both my MC from TRS1 and 2 are the same as ToaM

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Maybe? >.>

Although, you might need to "suffer" Miyuki if you didn't like her. Sorcerer wasn't exactly built to have a sequel in mind originally, so some things might need to be glossed over with "canon" start, like Miyuki still being there, just her role might be an advisor and no kid with her and Aya. I'll try my best to give most options as similar "Did you do this or that" questionnaire as there is at the start of TRS2 (Except for Chiel since a lot of the story would fall apart without her), but the story in the end will dictate what is the best option. Although, there will be a question on the canon path about the Gorgon vs Fiery Fangs, as that wouldn't be as simple matter.
Yeah. Well, I wasn't a fan of hers. Aya was great though. I liked Miyuki as a friend, but after getting backstabbed, not so much. lol But it's still a long way away and I hope I'm still around to try it. Thanks for the quick response.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah. Well, I wasn't a fan of hers. Aya was great though. I liked Miyuki as a friend, but after getting backstabbed, not so much. lol But it's still a long way away and I hope I'm still around to try it. Thanks for the quick response.
how did she backstab you? I feel like it would take considerable effort to reach that point

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I meant it felt like every enemy they went up against they always had the upper hand. like in Sorcerer, MC easily kills everyone with little effort. of course their growth as people is great because like you said, MC in TRS1 and 2 grows to be more understanding instead of their policy of "oh look, a person who doesn't know they are a dead body yet". on an unrelated note, both my MC from TRS1 and 2 are the same as ToaM
It's the nature of "failure means death" part, that and outside of Malachai and Marcus who both sapped from their full strength (the prison and the posion), people who he faced weren't at the same power level as even a fledgeling sorcerer would be, as they are literally the most powerful beings that a mortal can become without turning into a demon, divine being or spirit. It is my fault for not making that completely clear to the reader, that it's just a matter of raw strength relatively. And considering the people he was with? Miyuki was trained to be a sorcerer since she was born. Even Sabrina could literally annihilate full army companies just by frowning at them... well not that easy just making a point. But yeah, I get what you mean, so to say.

But ToaM is slightly different in that case, or should be anyway. Of course there will be times when the "Do or Die" will be there giving the illusion of being more powerful than he is, and at certain points it will be just "do" just for the sake moving the story forward, but that's natural. But there are some cases where there is a "price to be paid" for the victory whether it comes later (not sure when, might be seen in the epilogue or sometime later during the story, I know the beginning and the end(s), the middle is still being weaved) or at that moment. And potentially not succeeding at the first try, or it might be felt as a hollow victory, hopefully anyway as that is a bit more difficult feeling to pull off if you don't care for the characters in question. Well, have to see that once the story is completely weaved how I've succeeded in that. Or I might fail completely presenting what I intend wouldn't be the first time ;) Regardless, should be an entertaining story.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
how did she backstab you? I feel like it would take considerable effort to reach that point
It was because I didn't romance her. She left us behind in the cell. I quit playin at that point. I really do need to finish it though.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes