anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I see you fail to even consider other opinion then your own there is no point in making this argument more than it was, two different opinions on imaginary situation.
I gave my opinion regarding Deb, while you quoted me to say that:
[...] defending her actions with "She did nothing wrong" or "She did it from love" is plain and simple wrong.
I only talk about how the story portray her character, while you twist the story in order to justify your disliking (see Ava's last post).

But yeah, I'm the one that "fail to even consider other opinion", sure.

• Angry
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

SlavMaster

Sep 14, 2020
Thing is, you can't claim Deb is a bad person without looking at the big picture.

Deb only slept with his wife because his wife begged her to after finding out Deb was fucking her husband.

It was never Debs idea and basically boiled down either Deb fucked her so at least it was someone her brother knew or his wife goes and bangs other people.

If the MC hadn't been fucking around behind his wifes back, none of that would have happened.

Like Deb fucking the woman later on. It was supposed to be a threesome but the MC backed out.

People keep putting Deb in the bad guy box yet she's done nothing bad. She's only reacting to the shitty situations her brother has left her in.

For the first half of the game she is the only one moving the plot forward because the MC is useless. It's sad that all the complaining about her made the dev nerf her character frm badass to boring as fuck.

Now the only one moving it forward is his daughter because the MC is still a manchild but no longer has Debs as backup.
Again, you say she did nothing bad it is kind of game over for this conversation. Lets agree to disagree and move along.

P.S. To be honest for me this game would be much better if Deb is FMC of the game, as you say she did most of the story pushing. I do give you that point and I see it in a same way. :)

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I miss the old Deb, I hope we see her recovering a bit of her old self soon, no need to discard the dresses but her cheekiness and her being more of an action-oriented person, although in my playthrough I have a good idea what the excuse is for her not being like that right now.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
First Marie knew through actions of the Mother even before the marriage MC was sleeping with Deb, not through MC so yeah that does not relieve MC from any blame.
I agree. She used the photography as, hmm, "blackmail material" ; I would even say that she asked for the photography specifically for that.
From my point of view, the wife felt that she wouldn't be one with her husband if they weren't also sharing Deb.
It's also possible that she see this as a way to stay united with him when he was in deployment ; like a madly in love girlfriend who sleep with her boyfriend shirt when he's not here.

As backup support to this, just look at what is said in this update regarding Claire working, and staying, with Nana. Everyone who enter this place have to know that the family share more than their blood, and to stay silent about this. It don't apply to the children when they are too young, and the MC was already banging his sister when he became in age to be told this, so no one felt the need to say it ; every one probably believed that someone else had already done it.
But I guess that at some point the wife had the same kind of speech than Claire had. And it's surely at this moment that Deb/MC secret was revealed.
Nana is clearly not the kind of person who would have wanted her to feel misery or to be stuck in a shitty marriage. It's probably her who insisted for things to be clear on this point. Some kind of, "my dear, I know you love him, and believe me he deeply love you back. But you've to know that you'll have to share his love, and his body, with someone else, Deb. No one will blame you if you feel that it's unfair and don't want to marry him, we will ensure that none of you have to suffer if it's what you decide to do".

Neither does it for Deb who knowingly slept behind the back of her friend [...]
The friend part is important I think.
As far as I remember this, the wife hardly dated the MC, she was more dating the MC and his sister. Did she knew at this time or not, I don't know ; everything depend at which time she was introduced as a future part of the family, and therefore as someone who have to know.
But this kind of dating times surely made her see Deb as a real sister, and possibly a bit more than that. After, it's all a question of time and guts. The alcohol helped her take the last step between "I'm a straight woman", and, "that will sleep with a woman".

Must also be said, regarding Ava's "this way the wife don't cheated with a stranger", that the said wife possibly had the same thought.
They were two to suffer from MC's absence and to, not feel betrayed but can feel lonely by time, knowing that the person they love was actually loving someone else. By sleeping with Deb, she was sure that Deb wasn't sleeping with someone else. As strange as it can feel for some players, they both ensured that the other stayed faithful to the one themselves love ; be said that most of the time it's how real life harem starts.
And this way, they would also have stayed faithful to him, even if something happened to MC during a deployment. They would have no reason to split because he wasn't here anymore, and all the reason to become an even more official couple because of this.

thirdly Deb had the option to say no or at least talk with MC about it conforming the promise she made MC to never lie to him.
To talk about it, yes. But to say "no" ? What I said about the one against two dating apply even more to Deb. I'm not 100% sure, but I kind of remember her saying, or perhaps just implying, that she loved MC's wife and softly tried to seduce her.

So all three fucked up, not just MC and all three were wiling parties in that fucking up and could have done differently easily,
I put a penny more on the wife fault.
It's her who wanted to keep her relation with Deb a secret, while it's clear that MC wasn't in position to complain about this. So, the wife could have invited Deb to dinner, and then said, "listen MC, I know that you sleep with your sister, and before you try to defend yourself, know that so I do".
It's just that it wouldn't have served the story.

including Saint Deb. :p
Do not start bad mouthing Deb, you heretic :LOL:

For me the one really unforgiveable sin Deb made was concerning Milly and let her knowingly deteriorate further and further while she could have helped there in many ways if she had chosen to.
In the same time, look at Milly love for aunty Deb.
We know that her and her mother was still seen as part of the family and often reunited with it. But Deb is Milly's bestie, what isn't the case for the other member of the family.
I do guess that Deb tried her best to compensate for MC absence. Not that it excuse her here. In a way it even made it worse. Deb stayed in Milly's life and never stopped to show how much she love her, what made MC absence pass for a total lack of interest for his daughter. This being put a step further by the fact that she continued to regularly see the rest of the family, except the person that should have always be there, MC.

That is also on the rest of the family, but it is also on Deb. Though of course she did not help her own cause keeping silent after everything went south,
It don't serve the drama part of the story, but when the wife died, she should have phoned Nana and asked her if she should continue to stay silent about the conspiracy.
In her mind, Nana would have answered by what is the best for for MC. And in reality Nana would have gone full "what the fucking fuck you just said", like she did not long ago. I do believe that then I would have been her who flied to the USA to tell the truth to MC.

but that at least is somewhat understandable if again shows her loyalty was not with MC whatever her words.
As I said, it's probably more a split loyalty. Who should she betray here, the woman she love more that everything, or the man she love more than everything.
Yet she do lied, by omission, by not telling that she also had sex with their mother. Or perhaps did she did like for Dominique, in time she was almost sure that he wouldn't notice it.

All this being said, there's a thing important here, the quality of the story writing.
Despite what I said in other post, it's not the usual NTR bashing. People have strong feeling regarding both Deb sleeping with the wife and the conspiracy. You don't have such feeling if the game don't make them grow in you.

Reactions: DA22

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[Sorry for the double post]

For the first half of the game she is the only one moving the plot forward because the MC is useless. It's sad that all the complaining about her made the dev nerf her character frm badass to boring as fuck.

Now the only one moving it forward is his daughter because the MC is still a manchild but no longer has Debs as backup.
I don't think she's boring. And anyway, if I read correctly her health status, soon there will be material for her to be the bitchy demanding queen again ; and I share your view on this, I want her back.

This said, I agree with you for the leading part, MC is the stooge here. Everything happen around him and despite his will. He's just following the flow, going wherever the others want him to go.
Even when neither Deb nor Milly are here, like with Kumiko's family by example, he don't really have a say on what happen ; "here's my daughter, would you kindly have sex with her, please, very please, don't offend her, and our, honor by saying 'no'".
Of course, for the purpose of the game, the player his offered the possibility to say no, but it's just for the purpose of the game.

Apparently it's also something that some have hard time to deal with, like the one complaining about Phoebe. But it's what MC is, a clueless airhead chick magnet. If girls don't throw themselves at him, naked and legs spread wide, he'll not understand what they want ; and even then I'm not sure that they wouldn't need to shout a big "oh god, I want you to fuck me !"
Personally I like it, it's refreshing. For once there's an idiot MC who's voluntarily wrote as an idiot MC.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
For me the one really unforgiveable sin Deb made was concerning Milly and let her knowingly deteriorate further and further while she could have helped there in many ways if she had chosen to. That is also on the rest of the family, but it is also on Deb.
Exactly this part, nothing else really matters in comparison.
Forget the whole sleeping with whoever part, its all about this betrayal and deceit that kept MC and D not only apart but made D think MC didn't care about her any more.
Its unforgivable in my eyes.

If it were up to me, as the MC, I'd get rid of everyone who was knowingly involved, remove them from my life going forward, they're horrible people as even with their own explanation, nothing they did beyond the MC getting out of prison is justified.
Not even a little.

Anyone who can do that to you is worse than a stranger, they are totally untrustworthy and you'd never be able to let your guard down around them until the day they died.

I find it really annoying that the MC still has any interest in Faye or Deb. I'm fine with it being an option for those who want it, but its annoying that it isn't an option to stop interacting with them. For example, in this update either the MC is creeping on Faye or he's putting her naked over his knee. Its repulsive.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Exactly this part, nothing else really matters in comparison.
Forget the whole sleeping with whoever part, its all about this betrayal and deceit that kept MC and D not only apart but made D think MC didn't care about her any more.
Its unforgivable in my eyes.

If it were up to me, as the MC, I'd get rid of everyone who was knowingly involved, remove them from my life going forward, they're horrible people as even with their own explanation, nothing they did beyond the MC getting out of prison is justified.
Not even a little.

Anyone who can do that to you is worse than a stranger, they are totally untrustworthy and you'd never be able to let your guard down around them until the day they died.

I find it really annoying that the MC still has any interest in Faye or Deb. I'm fine with it being an option for those who want it, but its annoying that it isn't an option to stop interacting with them. For example, in this update either the MC is creeping on Faye or he's putting her naked over his knee. Its repulsive.
What I don't understand is how all of them somehow convinced MC they did all this because they care about him? As you say no explanation justifies this kind of betrayal. They aren't loyal, they aren't remorseful, they don't even apologize at least in the version I played I honestly quit after I figured we couldn't get rid of them as the MC, but how do you apologize for acting the way they have and how does one forgive them? It's beyond me... I would have gone ice cold towards all of them. I kind of understand Milly but at the same time she starts out in the beginning full of rage at her dad and then when she finds out the truth instead of being angry she's just oh well... I still love them... she wasn't even mad at her Mom for lying to her... It's possible to be mad at a dead person... I think this is one of those everybody get's a trophy situations...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I agree. She used the photography as, hmm, "blackmail material" ; I would even say that she asked for the photography specifically for that.
From my point of view, the wife felt that she wouldn't be one with her husband if they weren't also sharing Deb.
It's also possible that she see this as a way to stay united with him when he was in deployment ; like a madly in love girlfriend who sleep with her boyfriend shirt when he's not here.

As backup support to this, just look at what is said in this update regarding Claire working, and staying, with Nana. Everyone who enter this place have to know that the family share more than their blood, and to stay silent about this. It don't apply to the children when they are too young, and the MC was already banging his sister when he became in age to be told this, so no one felt the need to say it ; every one probably believed that someone else had already done it.
But I guess that at some point the wife had the same kind of speech than Claire had. And it's surely at this moment that Deb/MC secret was revealed.
Nana is clearly not the kind of person who would have wanted her to feel misery or to be stuck in a shitty marriage. It's probably her who insisted for things to be clear on this point. Some kind of, "my dear, I know you love him, and believe me he deeply love you back. But you've to know that you'll have to share his love, and his body, with someone else, Deb. No one will blame you if you feel that it's unfair and don't want to marry him, we will ensure that none of you have to suffer if it's what you decide to do".

The friend part is important I think.
As far as I remember this, the wife hardly dated the MC, she was more dating the MC and his sister. Did she knew at this time or not, I don't know ; everything depend at which time she was introduced as a future part of the family, and therefore as someone who have to know.
But this kind of dating times surely made her see Deb as a real sister, and possibly a bit more than that. After, it's all a question of time and guts. The alcohol helped her take the last step between "I'm a straight woman", and, "that will sleep with a woman".

Must also be said, regarding Ava's "this way the wife don't cheated with a stranger", that the said wife possibly had the same thought.
They were two to suffer from MC's absence and to, not feel betrayed but can feel lonely by time, knowing that the person they love was actually loving someone else. By sleeping with Deb, she was sure that Deb wasn't sleeping with someone else. As strange as it can feel for some players, they both ensured that the other stayed faithful to the one themselves love ; be said that most of the time it's how real life harem starts.
And this way, they would also have stayed faithful to him, even if something happened to MC during a deployment. They would have no reason to split because he wasn't here anymore, and all the reason to become an even more official couple because of this.

To talk about it, yes. But to say "no" ? What I said about the one against two dating apply even more to Deb. I'm not 100% sure, but I kind of remember her saying, or perhaps just implying, that she loved MC's wife and softly tried to seduce her.

I put a penny more on the wife fault.
It's her who wanted to keep her relation with Deb a secret, while it's clear that MC wasn't in position to complain about this. So, the wife could have invited Deb to dinner, and then said, "listen MC, I know that you sleep with your sister, and before you try to defend yourself, know that so I do".
It's just that it wouldn't have served the story.

Do not start bad mouthing Deb, you heretic :LOL:

In the same time, look at Milly love for aunty Deb.
We know that her and her mother was still seen as part of the family and often reunited with it. But Deb is Milly's bestie, what isn't the case for the other member of the family.
I do guess that Deb tried her best to compensate for MC absence. Not that it excuse her here. In a way it even made it worse. Deb stayed in Milly's life and never stopped to show how much she love her, what made MC absence pass for a total lack of interest for his daughter. This being put a step further by the fact that she continued to regularly see the rest of the family, except the person that should have always be there, MC.

It don't serve the drama part of the story, but when the wife died, she should have phoned Nana and asked her if she should continue to stay silent about the conspiracy.
In her mind, Nana would have answered by what is the best for for MC. And in reality Nana would have gone full "what the fucking fuck you just said", like she did not long ago. I do believe that then I would have been her who flied to the USA to tell the truth to MC.

As I said, it's probably more a split loyalty. Who should she betray here, the woman she love more that everything, or the man she love more than everything.
Yet she do lied, by omission, by not telling that she also had sex with their mother. Or perhaps did she did like for Dominique, in time she was almost sure that he wouldn't notice it.

All this being said, there's a thing important here, the quality of the story writing.
Despite what I said in other post, it's not the usual NTR bashing. People have strong feeling regarding both Deb sleeping with the wife and the conspiracy. You don't have such feeling if the game don't make them grow in you.
Always the heretic indeed :p, still I keep with my contention. Yeah there is def conflicted loyalty in play here, but every choice that really mattered she chose interest Marie and possibly her own over that of MC and that of Millie who is the only true innocent in all this misguided mess ( if anyone is innocent). That is telling, so yeah I might forgive her and then send her away anyway, since she has proven she cannot be trusted with either Mc or what is most valuable to him, his daughter. However much she professes something else, she burnt to many ships with her choices for me personally and same would go for the Mom and father and Marie if alive.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah there is def conflicted loyalty in play here, but every choice that really mattered she chose interest Marie and possibly her own over that of MC and that of Millie who is the only true innocent in all this misguided mess ( if anyone is innocent).
I agree that Milly is clearly the innocent victim here, but I'm not sure about Deb effectively siding with the wife or herself.
At what time Milly stopped to wish that her father was here and started to have a wonderful life without him, and how was MC in regard of his obsession at this time ? Said otherwise, did Milly found the new balance in her life before, or after, it was now safe to reunite them ?
Then, once she found this new balance, would it be really a good idea to reunite them, or would it have created a bigger mess ? Among the rage that MC have, there's the fact that it's too late to see his wife once again. But this don't change much in regard of his reaction. Told about the conspiracy, MC would have created a big mess, would this have been a good thing for Milly ?
Not that I excuse Deb, I'm just wondering, like she probably did. As I said, she was put in the kind of situation where either you talk immediately, or you're mostly fucked without an option less messy than the others.

It's also why the one I'll never forgive is Brutus. He was the one that could have solved everything. After one/two years, a call to Deb, "I'll tell your brother that I found his wife". A call to MC, "I finally found them".
It would have been a simple case of divorce, some tension between MC and his wife at first, and also between MC and Milly. But the wife would probably have defused this relatively easily by saying part of the truth ; "your father was obsessed by his revenge, it would have broke everything around him. But you're also right, I shouldn't have stayed silent after he came over this". And no need to ever talk about the conspiracy.
But well, it wouldn't have served the story.

That is telling, so yeah I might forgive her and then send her away anyway, since she has proven she cannot be trusted with either Mc or what is most valuable to him, his daughter.
Reason more to keep her near. Her messing with Milly life isn't enough ? No need to put (what seem to be) Milly future sibling in the same boat.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Read again, I clearly took that in account. As I said, Deb became crazy because her brother and his wife are the two persons she love the most in the world.

Oh, by the way, I really love the "constantly". Use the "search" option, it appear that I only wrote five times in this thread. Three time in October 2020, and two times today ; well, now it will be three and three.
And it wasn't to defend Deb, but to defend Azrayal, while this time it was to talk about his writing skill. I do not defend virtual characters, nor am I offended by who they have sex with, for the good reason that they are virtual characters.
Are you this obsessed by anyone who don't bad mouth about Deb, or is it just me ? The second would be flattering, but I'm not stupid enough to not see that it's the first one and that you see them all as a single entity.

Hmm, let's see...
Today I wrote two messages, both explicitly addressing the conspiracy against the MC. In both I, explicitly again, addressed Deb bitchy attitude and gave my thought regarding it. And the only thing you have to say is to talk about who she had sex with, years before the conspiracy.
Yeah, totally and absolutely believable that you don't mind NTR...
[Am I sarcastic right now ? I feel that I am sarcastic right now.]

Let's take a bet. Soon you'll write that "this scene" (that still have to come) is the suicide of the game.
I mean, how come a character that should be dead, and erased from everyone's memory, can be rewarded by such beautiful faith...

If Deb haven't had sex with MC's wife, she would have never agreed to be part of the conspiracy, and would have told him everything as soon as she had the possibility.
And, once again, it's amazing how you, who "do not mind NTR", achieve to use a scene that happened years before the conspiracy, as reason why her behavior during the conspiracy can not be excused.

You're full of surprise, starting a sentence by telling people to not say something, then writing this same thing yourself.

Even if Deb clearly sent some signals, it's the wife who wanted their relation to turn this way, and her who wanted it to stay a secret between them two. It's also because of her that Deb agreed to the conspiracy, and agreed to keep the secret about it. And it's because of the secret that she acted like a bitch more than her natural self.
Even the stupid joke in the hospital was because of this. As hurtful as it would have been (and have been) for her to be hated by her brother, it's what she wanted to happen. She was hating herself for her part in the conspiracy, and felt that she didn't deserved her brother's love. So, she tried as much as possible to have a hateful behavior ; an "as much as possible" that she never reached, because she love him as much as she hate herself.
And I don't defend a virtual character, I explain the story. It's how her character is wrote in the game.

Oh yeah, there's people who have a strong illogical reasoning, and it's really fascinating to read them.

All those peoples who play this game because they don't mind NTR, but all fail to blame the wife and put their hate for Deb in display.
The wife cheated on her husband with his childhood lover, who happen to also be his beloved sister.
The wife agreed to divorce him, and to do it at a time where he had no way to defend himself.
The wife agreed to totally disappear from MC's life.
The wife agreed to deprive him of his daughter, and the said daughter of her father.
The wife never had enough remorse to take him back in their life, at least as the father of her daughter.

But no, it's Deb who's hated. Deb who always disagreed with the conspiracy and who hated herself all those years, while the wife had a marvelous live full of wealth.
And not only they put their hate in display, but they also put the fact that she had sex with the wife, before the fact that she stayed silent about the conspiracy.
I guess that the same peoples cock blocked Gary even those who don't cared about Julia and never had sex with her.

side note: Please, don't stop with the facepalms. As Georges Courteline said, "to pass as an idiot in the eyes of an imbecile is a pleasure of gourmet".
There's a lot of hate here for Deb. Going far back into this thread.
I don't share that at all. It should be clear in this update that the MC's family is well on the extreme fringes of the bell curve. There is no doubt that Deb loves her brother. Nor is there any doubt that her love is reciprocated. Deb's been the convenient hook for so many commenters hate. Undeservedly so.

Brother and sister have sorted out their mutual shit. While not forgotten, alls been forgiven. Time to move the fuck on.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I agree that Milly is clearly the innocent victim here, but I'm not sure about Deb effectively siding with the wife or herself.
At what time Milly stopped to wish that her father was here and started to have a wonderful life without him, and how was MC in regard of his obsession at this time ? Said otherwise, did Milly found the new balance in her life before, or after, it was now safe to reunite them ?
Then, once she found this new balance, would it be really a good idea to reunite them, or would it have created a bigger mess ? Among the rage that MC have, there's the fact that it's too late to see his wife once again. But this don't change much in regard of his reaction. Told about the conspiracy, MC would have created a big mess, would this have been a good thing for Milly ?
Not that I excuse Deb, I'm just wondering, like she probably did. As I said, she was put in the kind of situation where either you talk immediately, or you're mostly fucked without an option less messy than the others.

It's also why the one I'll never forgive is Brutus. He was the one that could have solved everything. After one/two years, a call to Deb, "I'll tell your brother that I found his wife". A call to MC, "I finally found them".
It would have been a simple case of divorce, some tension between MC and his wife at first, and also between MC and Milly. But the wife would probably have defused this relatively easily by saying part of the truth ; "your father was obsessed by his revenge, it would have broke everything around him. But you're also right, I shouldn't have stayed silent after he came over this". And no need to ever talk about the conspiracy.

Reason more to keep her near. Her messing with Milly life isn't enough ? No need to put (what seem to be) Milly future sibling in the same boat.
Did you just word this badly beacause it comes across to me atleast and maybe other? as if your basically saying what MC's mommy first said to the MC.
That all this mess was all the MC's doing it was entirely his own fault.

And that Deb was right to keep her mouth shut about milly's where abouts because milly was happy in her new life.
And that the MC couldn't be trusted to handle the the fact his wife had moved on.
And that he didn't deserve to be in milly's life because of his obsession for revenge.

If this is what you meant then I'm wondering if we played the same game?.

About the only thing I agree with is Brutus should be cut out of the MC's life period you don't need a friend like him he had his dowts and yet still kept up the lie.

You do realise the MC's had stopped careing about what or where his x-wife was before he got out of prision his only concern was where his daughter was.
As for Milly she definitely was not very happy in her new life not untill her mother lied to her about her dad.
Which means her new life was based on a Lie her mother told her so that her mother didn't come across as the bad guy that she was.
As for the MC's Obsession over revenge I prosume you mean the MC's determination to see a killer and would be mutiple rapist not get off scot free.
You mean that Odsession? it wasn't really an Obsession and it wasn't about revenge.

And do you seriously think if milly knew that was why daddy was locked up for she wouldn't of tried even harder to get back to her daddy?.

But apart from that his familey got off way to lightly.

The only one that possibly desevers forgivness is Deb (shock I know as I was never a fan of Deb).
Why because she freely admited her part in it when confronted.
She didn't atempt to pass the blame back or anywere else.
She has tried to change her ways and redeem herself.
She has willingly taken all the abuse MC's given her.
But most importantly she did put her life on the line to save milly.
Although the hospital prank was a half a mark against her but only half a mark because it was millys idea anyway.

Just saying

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
There is no doubt that Deb loves her brother.
Which of her actions show this?
The lying?
The deceit?
The willfully keeping him from his daughter fully knowing it served no purpose for 7 years [after release from prison] because it was what Marie wanted, not what was best for MC or Milly, even after ex-wife was dead until she was forced to come clean?

All her actions show that MC is, at best, 5th in order of her priorities.

Deb has been lying to MC, for her own benefit, for over a decade.
I've yeeted people out of my life for a lot less than what Deb has already done, you don't need people like that around you.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

If you remember when MC just met Milly again and how she acted in her own room also with Deb she never had a wonderful life and her mental state was pretty bad and had been for a long time and was beyond just losing her mother at that time. If anything it was MC being there, even if mainly just being capable venting her anger at being betrayed by him finally, and giving her an outlet for her emotions that got her out of that a bit and nothing else. Doing what they did to Milly. to a child and she was one when they started the cruel lies has a ever lasting impact on a pesron.

That Milly was doing well and had a wonderful life is another of those lies that family told themselves so they could continue the lie and live their life happily at expense of Milly and MC .......

You know it has become way less likely with what happened in last updates, but at a certain moment I was not to sure that family and Deb were not in cahoots with those bad guys or the the reason why MC ended up in prison to protect their interest with how they acted. :p It seems they are just incredible overbearing, totally stupid with no normal empathy and completely self centered though with a fair amount of hypocrisy thrown in.

Edit: Now this is an extra remark that not all Deb haters may like, but yeah Deb is also a part victim of the situation, but and here is the difference with MC and Millie partially of her own choosing and continued it. Then again if Mom, dad and Marie cared so much about Deb as they are supposed to do did they never noticed she was being teared apart inside by her and their actions? Then again, their professed love for MC and Millie and what they did to them and they could notice was also not enough for them to change course, so no real surprise there.

Last edited:

tathar86

May 10, 2017
I don't know if this dev reads these comments but... If you are having issues with the phone stats giving an error due to Phoebe not define here is the fix. Go to Game > script.rpy and scroll down to where it lists -

default Astrid = 0
default Deb = 0
default MC = 0
default Willpower = 0
default Julia = 0
default Milly = -30
default Mam = 0
default Kumiko = 0

And add...

default Phoebe = 0

To the end of that list...

I take no responsibility for this fix breaking other things at some point. I am not a programmer. But it is working for me thus far.
your methode fix the error in the stats in the tel?

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of Triple Ex v0.14 with JokerLeader walkthrough mod

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Mega
I've added support for 0x52's Universal RenPy Mod to all my ports
Navigate to Documents/Wills747/"game.name.here"/game and drop the RPA file in there.
Reload the game and you will see a new entry in quick menu.
Not the easiest in a small screen but it is useable.
Other cheats etc can be added to "Documents\Wills747\triple.ex\game" folder and MAY work but won't be supported.
Updated my Android port to v0.14

Reactions: Faptime

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Did you just word this badly beacause it comes across to me atleast and maybe other? as if your basically saying what MC's mommy first said to the MC.
Did you asked yourself if it wasn't you who had a bias, and that I worded it precisely as is it in the story ?

Before I start, I want one thing to be clear:

I do not put all the blame on MC, nor believe that his family isn't at fault. I just talk about the story as it is effectively wrote.
And it happen that the story is: MC was stuck in an obsessive desire of revenge, that totally blinded him to his surrounding and put his life at risk. While, among every single thing that his family tried to save him, the only one that worked was the most extreme and fucked up one, their conspiracy.

And now, I'll prove it...

If this is what you meant then I'm wondering if we played the same game?.
Funny you said that, because reading you I had the exact same thought. So, to solve this, here is, to the letter, what is in the game.
I'll provide a transcription (directly took from the source code), but you can perfectly open the file named "chapter3.rpy" and goes to the given lines to read it by yourself.
You can also go on the console and type jump label8068. It's the nearest branching point to the scenes that talk about what happened when MC was in jail ; and therefore what led them to their fucked up conspiracy.

lines 5079, then 5105, then 5191:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where we learn that MC threatened to commit treason to the nation, and that if he continue, he faced real risk to be "dealt with" (understand killed).

Line 5241, then 5249, then 5298:
Where we learn that MC father blackmailed UK prime minister to help his son, and that he renounced to his career for him.

Line 5321:
Where we learn that MC was clearly seeking for revenge, this whatever the reason that initially sent him in jail.

Line 5340:
Where we learn that every member of the family tried to put back some reason in MC brain, even his father.
And Deb line is here to show us that they tried everything that crossed their mind, even the most stupid ones.

Line 5368:
Where we learn that all what MC family tried during 9 months didn't change a single thing in MC obsessive desire of revenge. And also that Marie was the one who took this seriously and convinced the others.
Marie part being a writer trick. Put the blame on the person that will die, it will help readers (who remember what you wrote...) to deal with the aftermath and agree more easily to a possible redemption.

So, go on, will someone tell me again that MC is fully innocent, that his, clearly shown, obsession, and his, explicitly said, desire of revenge, don't play a role in the extreme decision his family came to ?

Did they fucked up ? Yes, of course they did.
But it's not because they fucked up, nor because he was, with Milly, the one who suffered the most about this, that MC have no responsibilities.

Did they were selfish when doing this ? It depend, do you (plural) think it's selfish to not want to pass the rest of your life mourning your son/brother/husband ?
Because it's what their motivation was when they came up to this fucked up scheme. They wanted to keep him alive, whatever the price. And as Faye, and MC himself, said in the game, when it come to save the life of your child, you can go far, really far. There's nothing else that matter at this time, and you'll think about the consequences, and face them, later.

Did this excuse them for what they did ? I can't answer for you...
MC past 14 months sending threats over threats, going a bit closer to the day of his assassination with every step he was making. While his family past 9 months trying to put back some reason in his mind, and his father goes as far as blackmailing UK prime minister in order to help him.
Up to you to decide if this give them some excuses or not.

All this, it's not me who say it, it's the game. And you (plural) clearly seem to have forgot it, but MC haven't (for cause) and it's why he achieved to forgive them. He needed time to proceed all this, but he know perfectly well now that he own the initial, if not biggest, part of responsibility in all this mess.
Would he have listened just once to their 9 months of "please, stop doing this", the conspiracy wouldn't have happened.

Once again, I don't blame MC, not excuse his family. I just tell what the game show us, they all have their part of responsibility in this mess. All...

You do realise the MC's had stopped careing about what or where his x-wife was before he got out of prision his only concern was where his daughter was.
Except that he stopped caring about them before the conspiracy started.
It's his wife and daughter disappearance that take him back to reason, and then he started to care again. But if he cared for them before this, he would have listened to what his wife had to say. And once again it's not me who say it, it's the game ; Azrayal even made it clear in the first jail scene.

Milly have only one line, but this line tell everything that needs to be known. She's trying to make him goes against her mother decision, like any child do. And what is his reaction ? None. She's speaking to a wall.
Not an, "one second half-pint, I talk with your mother". Not an, "and she's right, you're too young". Not a, "honey, why do you refuse that". No, he didn't even acknowledge that she's speaking to him.
Instead, his answer is to tell his wife that he'll never quit his obsessive seek of revenge, and that their visit become annoying.
In two dialog lines, everything is said. MC is obsessed, he's want revenge, and both put together turn in blind to his surrounding. There's only thing that he care for, getting the revenge he deserve.

Now, I'll say another thing. But I'll said it in spoiler, because it's just a guess, but a guess that become stronger and stronger the more the game advance. Perhaps am I wrong, perhaps am I am right, only Azrayal know, and he'll never tell it.
Read it only if you don't care to be possibly spoiled the deep part of the story, and would enjoy having a possible perspective over what it is. Just remember that I can be totally wrong, wouldn't be the first time ;)

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Did you asked yourself if it wasn't you who had a bias, and that I worded it precisely as is it in the story ?

Before I start, I want one thing to be clear:

I do not put all the blame on MC, nor believe that his family isn't at fault. I just talk about the story as it is effectively wrote.
And it happen that the story is: MC was stuck in an obsessive desire of revenge, that totally blinded him to his surrounding and put his life at risk. While, among every single thing that his family tried to save him, the only one that worked was the most extreme and fucked up one, their conspiracy.

And now, I'll prove it...

Nice write up, and completely accurate. The problem, however, is that facts and logic will not trump the feelings of those who are the most vocal whingers in this thread. They won't care that an excuse exists and simply say "nope, they betrayed me and now they are dead to me harumph" which strangely doesn't stop them from coming back every update and whinging more.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Am I the only person getting tired of the "slow burn" with milly? This has gone on long enough, the MC is getting closer to everyone else but getting BB'd in Milly scenes thats just BS. You cant have the big " I " word with everyone and leave out the one everyone wants! As of this update I am out I am tired of waiting for something that isn't going to happen

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Nicely quoted script and accurate repesentation I especially like how you use what Faye and William's talk.
And your right this is what the game say's
They are after all such a glowing source of information .
And what they say is based on what they where told might happen to their son.(Might Happen).
Because lets face it the bad guy's wouldn't lie or exagerate in order to put pressure on someone to be quiet would they.
Goverments don't lie.
Just wondering which seems more likely they would try and coecer his family in the hopes it they can stop him talking.
Or just arange a convenient accident for the MC there by guarenteing his silence if that was even an option?

This is the same Mom btw that accussed her son of being responsible for their betrayal of him in the first place?'

But we shall ignore that since you asked about his aparent obsessive desire of revenge. btw think you mean obsessive desire for revenge. It's not an obsessive desire of revenge if your trying to make sure an Americain officer in the americain force's btw not a Brittish officer in the brittish forces to try and make sure he dosen't get the chance to do the same again?.
It may border on Obsessive (dowtfull) but it certainly isnt Revenge.
If he had an Obsessive desire of revenge as you say they would never of released him.
If he was obsessive while still inside he would of writen 100's if not thousends of these letter not just 1 or 2 and he would sure as hell of gone straight to the press on his release.

The problem is this Obsessive desire of revenge you keep saying and the Dev if they have said it too.
I dosen't stand up what you call an Obsessive desire of revenge is nothing more than what someone who is determined to see justice done would also be guity of doing.
The main diffrence between the two is someone who is only determined might actually give up and lose his determination if enough obstructions where placed in his way as the MC did.
However someone who is Obsessive just don't know how to give up.
And yes I know that Determined and Obsessive share the same synonym in a dictionary but thats bcause they are Simular and not the exact same thing.

Normally when you talk of an Obsessive desire for revenge.
It tends to be about doing harm to said target of revenge in some way in this case the said American Officer.
And the best way for a person with an Obsessive desire for revenge to do that is by keeping quite so that your released early.
Then flying to where ever the Americain officer can be found and killing the fucker.
That would be an actual Obsessive desire for revenge.

As for the Milly bit i'm afraid that proves little.

I'm sure If you ask most honest parents if while being in the middle of a stressfull argument they have ever ignored what their child has said let alone actually forgeting the child is present they will reluctantly abmit they have they may not have meant to but it happends it dosen't mean they don't love their child .
And yes as a child I witnessed it first hand.

You can quote the Dev's script as much as you want and i'll even agree with some of it.
And I wont even mention the Deb rewrite because she wasn't seen as redeemable in the first draft.

But please stop useing the stupid Obsessive desire of revenge statment its not correct.
The MC aint no saint but he aint no Obsessive loon hellbent on revenge either and he never was.

BTW I dont claim to know the law so I would really like to know what the MC did.
How do's it aquate to the treasson his perents where told he's guity of?.

P.S. I want to make it clear I do blame the Family and the MC's friend and to some extent the MC.
I understand why the game makes the MC forgive after all a full incest would be difficult if he didn't.
I do beleive the Dev's reasoning was weak but I have always enjoyed this game even if I dont always agree with the logic .

Last edited:

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Regarding the "take a closer look" images, we can probably use AI to clean those up. DM me and I'll get you access to my discord where you can "enhance" those.

3.00 star(s) 103 Votes