Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm not sure why you are so flippant about the reactions to your story. The game has been out about a year and you have 29 patrons. You will probably lose a couple who will discontinue pledging before the first of the month. You could lose a couple more if their payments don't process. You could be looking at less than 25 in a couple of weeks. I see that you have tagged the quote, "You can't please...."; but apparently you have only pleased 29 people enough to support you. I don't know of another story doing so poorly. You might want to take some of these comments seriously if you ever want to build that new computer. Given the new update and all activity in this thread you should be gaining some patrons; but you're not. You obviously are driving more people away than are staying. I think that at the very least you should reconsider the unavoidable Deb/Jules content. You not only have players hating Deb, now many don't want anything to do with Jules.
Why are the free players the loudest and most demanding? And why are they the ones always bringing up which dev gets what?

Some devs make a vn for commission and custom tailor it for there benefactors. Some have a vision and are influenced to change their own vision through pressure. And very rarely a dev makes the story they intended without compromises. All three of these types of devs usually have one thing in common. That is posters telling them what to do, what to include and to do it faster.

Everybody has a right to give their opinion on a vn here. But giving criticism and advice is a helluva lot different than being a dick, a troll or a kink shamer.

Basically I'd be flippant too after reading some of these posts.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Why are the free players the loudest and most demanding? And why are they the ones always bringing up which dev gets what?

Some devs make a vn for commission and custom tailor it for there benefactors. Some have a vision and are influenced to change their own vision through pressure. And very rarely a dev makes the story they intended without compromises. All three of these types of devs usually have one thing in common. That is posters telling them what to do, what to include and to do it faster.

Everybody has a right to give their opinion on a vn here. But giving criticism and advice is a helluva lot different than being a dick, a troll or a kink shamer.

Day in and day out here on...THE F95 ZONE!

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

I'm only a free player because of the content of the game. As a general rule I support between 15 to 20 games ranging from $1 to $25. I mentioned building the new computer because that is the developer's next goal (check his Patreon page.) I'm giving him advice on what may be preventing him from achieving that goal. I bring up the amount of patrons he has to illustrate that what he is doing now is not working for him.

As far as being a kink shamer, I'm not sure what kink you think I have shamed. I don't think I am trolling since I am simply joining the conversation that many here are having. As for being a dick, I guess one can not judge whether or not they are a dick so I will let you judge.

Yes, almost every business takes comments from their customers to make their product more marketable. Some comments are good and some are bad. My point was that maybe the developer should listen to some of these comments if he wishes his product to be more marketable, since he has not been doing so well up to this point. Do you think it is kinder to say nice things and not support the game or to make suggestions and support the game if it improves? (I know improving would be subjective.) I will commit right now that if the developer makes the Deb/Jules content avoidable I will become a patron. Will you pledge right now so that you yourself are not just a free player making a lot of noise?

Last edited:

ai...

May 30, 2019
I don't see how you can say this game is alright and then say you have to skip over all the Deb parts because you can't stand her. Isn't Deb a part of at least 50% of this game? So the game is okay if you don't play half of it?
I do still read a bit of the story. That part of the story are the parts of the story I know of. The story I've read so far is how, I think it's alright. I just start clicking without reading to get through Deb's bs because I can't stand her. Also I did get decently far before I got annoyed with anything Deb said and started ignoring her.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm only a free player because of the content of the game. As a general rule I support between 15 to 20 games ranging from $1 to $25. I mentioned building the new computer because that is the developer's next goal (check his Patreon page.) I'm giving him advice on what may be preventing him from achieving that goal. I bring up the amount of patrons he has to illustrate that what he is doing now is not working for him.

As far as being a kink shamer, I'm not sure what kink you think I have shamed. I don't think I am trolling since I am simply joining the conversation that many here are having. As for being a dick, I guess one can not judge whether or not they are a dick so I will let you judge.

Yes, almost every business takes comments from their customers to make their product more marketable. Some comments are good and some are bad. My point was that maybe the developer should listen to some of these comments if he wishes his product to be more marketable, since he has not been doing so well up to this point. Do you think it is kinder to say nice things and not support the game or to make suggestions and support the game if it improves? (I know improving would be subjective.) I will commit right now that if the developer makes the Deb/Jules content avoidable I will become a patron. Will you pledge right now so that you yourself are not just a free player making a lot of noise.
You're post was actually one of the nice and thought out posts. Only reason I quoted you was of your question on the dev being flippant. My only real point of the post is I would be flippant myself. I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you
Day in and day out here on...THE F95 ZONE!
I know. But some days I just hope for better. :)

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
You're post was actually one of the nice and thought out posts. Only reason I quoted you was of your question on the dev being flippant. My only real point of the post is I would be flippant myself. I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you

I know. But some days I just hope for better. :)
My skin is thick, we're still friends. I usually respond to any replies to my posts, it's almost rude not to do so.

Azrayal

Game Developer
May 31, 2018
I'm not sure why you are so flippant about the reactions to your story. The game has been out about a year and you have 29 patrons. You will probably lose a couple who will discontinue pledging before the first of the month. You could lose a couple more if their payments don't process. You could be looking at less than 25 in a couple of weeks. I see that you have tagged the quote, "You can't please...."; but apparently you have only pleased 29 people enough to support you. I don't know of another story doing so poorly. You might want to take some of these comments seriously if you ever want to build that new computer. Given the new update and all activity in this thread you should be gaining some patrons; but you're not. You obviously are driving more people away than are staying. I think that at the very least you should reconsider the unavoidable Deb/Jules content. You not only have players hating Deb, now many don't want anything to do with Jules
These are all valid points, but am I typical dev? I'll try and explain it from my point of view.

I came across F95 by accident, and I am so happy that I did. After reading and enjoying a number of VN's I became curious as to how they were made. I found Daz Studio and that was it... I was hooked!

I'm not just talking about the adult aspect of Daz, which is fun, but I'm talking of 3D in general. I've used a few items in my work so far that are not Daz assets, that needed work in other 3D software before importing and texturing in Daz. Now I know this may sound lame and an easy task to many of you, but this was all alien to me a short while ago and I love every minute of it. My only regret is that I did not find it sooner!

Now to Patreon, as a few comments have touched on this... When I decided to try my hand at creating a VN I had no idea how to proceed. I looked at devs pages here on F95. Most seemed to have a Patreon and a SubscribeStar, so I copied that as it seemed to be a part of the process. I had no clue what to offer for each tier, so I pretty much copied that too, apart from a discord channel, I've no clue, in my gaming days I used Roger Wilco, and that's my limit!

The "goals" I also copied what seemed to be the most frequently used. Now for me, this is the difference... Whether I have 1 or 1,000 patrons, hand on heart as I type this, it would not change any aspect of my life whatsoever. I am actually surprised that people were willing to subscribe at all, I have little experience and even less knowledge.

This story was only ever meant to be kinetic, no choices, just the story. After the release of v0.01a and reading the comments I decided to push myself and try to turn it into more of a VN, and while there are not numerous paths to follow, the points do add subtle changes here and there, to dialogue, extra/less choice maybe. But I have said this before, for me to change the way I envision the characters wouldn't sit well with me.

So with that being said, am I typical dev? I personally don't think so. Making this VN was never meant, or will be about wanting to gain patrons and make money. The benefit of all of this is from the enjoyment that I get from a new-found passion for attempting to be creative, for what is likely my first time ever in an artistic/written way. And from the knowledge that there are other people enjoying, and maybe getting a few laughs from my efforts. That is my goal!

I had intended to end here but I'll just pick up a couple of comments about the fair in this update... It was an opportunity to use assets I had that I may never use again. It was also an opportunity to progress the story slightly, and hopefully with a few laughs, while learning a few things about Ren'py code that I had not used up to that point. And the potential there is to have some fun with sounds and delays in this or maybe a future project. This whole project is about me having fun and learning.

On a final note, please, please, please... If you've been following the updates and after reading each one you feel frustrated or angry, stop reading! Life is too short to waste an hour or two on something you do not enjoy when you could easily be reading something that brings you pleasure. There are a lot more creators out there that are actually talented and know what they're doing!

A final final note, my comment that you quoted ptahn was not intended to be flippant. A person made a funny remark that made me laugh and I replied with what I'd regarded as a humorous reply... There's too much sh*te in the world, we have to find fun wherever and whenever we can!

That's definitely all from me... I'm curious as to how many people hit the spacebar when they noticed this wall of text :)

Last edited:

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
These are all valid points, but am I typical dev? I'll try and explain it from my point of view.

I came across F95 by accident, and I am so happy that I did. After reading and enjoying a number of VN's I became curious as to how they were made. I found Daz Studio and that was it... I was hooked!

I'm not just talking about the adult aspect of Daz, which is fun, but I'm talking of 3D in general. I've used a few items in my work so far that are not Daz assets, that needed work in other 3D software before importing and texturing in Daz. Now I know this may sound lame and an easy task to many of you, but this was all alien to me a short while ago and I love every minute of it. My only regret is that I did not find it sooner!

Now to Patreon, as a few comments have touched on this... When I decided to try my hand at creating a VN I had no idea how to proceed. I looked at devs pages here on F95. Most seemed to have a Patreon and a SubscribeStar, so I copied that as it seemed to be a part of the process. I had no clue what to offer for each tier, so I pretty much copied that too, apart from a discord channel, I've no clue, in my gaming days I used Roger Wilco, and that's my limit!

The "goals" I also copied what seemed to be the most frequently used. Now for me, this is the difference... Whether I have 1 or 1,000 patrons, hand on heart as I type this, it would not change any aspect of my life whatsoever. I am actually surprised that people were willing to subscribe at all, I have little experience and even less knowledge.

This story was only ever meant to be kinetic, no choices, just the story. After the release of v0.01a and reading the comments I decided to push myself and try to turn it into more of a VN, and while there are not numerous paths to follow, the points do add subtle changes here and there, to dialogue, extra/less choice maybe. But I have said this before, for me to change the way I envision the characters wouldn't sit well with me.

So with that being said, am I typical dev? I personally don't think so. Making this VN was never meant, or will be about wanting to gain patrons and make money. The benefit of all of this is from the enjoyment that I get from a new-found passion for attempting to be creative, for what is likely my first time ever in an artistic/written way. And from the knowledge that there are other people enjoying, and maybe getting a few laughs from my efforts. That is my goal!

I had intended to end here but I'll just pick up a couple of comments about the fair in this update... It was an opportunity to use assets I had that I may never use again. It was also an opportunity to progress the story slightly, and hopefully with a few laughs, while learning a few things about Ren'py code that I had not used up to that point. And the potential there is to have some fun with sounds and delays in this or maybe a future project. This whole project is about me having fun and learning.

On a final note, please, please, please... If you've been following the updates and after reading each one you feel frustrated or angry, stop reading! Life is too short to waste an hour or two on something you do not enjoy when you could easily be reading something that brings you pleasure. There are a lot more creators out there that are actually talented and know what they're doing!

A final final note, my comment that you quoted ptahn was not intended to be flippant. A person made a funny remark that made me laugh and I replied with what I'd regarded as a humorous reply... There's too much sh*te in the world, we have to find fun wherever and whenever we can!

That's definitely all from me... I'm curious as to how many people hit the spacebar when they noticed this wall of text :)
I have finished my playthrough and found it very enjoyable. Even if I'm not into incest, I really liked the writing, the characters, especially Milly, and I hope Deb turns Milly more naughtier than she is right now. :devilish:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Keep up the good job!

Last edited:

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
allright time i commented on this VN i have followed it from the beginning and i always had a soft spot for it as it deals with my kind of fetish, now some times i think i play another game than the critics, i honestly can´t see the big problem with deb from my point of view she loves her brother, they have been together for over 20 years if you read the story you will see that her aim with jules was a treesome, when it comes too milly its not been deb thats pushing but milly and what she really dreams about is the mc. How i see deb is that she dreams about a harem with her and the mc as the center.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
allright time i commented on this VN i have followed it from the beginning and i always had a soft spot for it as it deals with my kind of fetish, now some times i think i play another game than the critics, i honestly can´t see the big problem with deb from my point of view she loves her brother, they have been together for over 20 years if you read the story you will see that her aim with jules was a treesome, when it comes too milly its not been deb thats pushing but milly and what she really dreams about is the mc. How i see deb is that she dreams about a harem with her and the mc as the center.
Like you said her aim was a threesome and when he denied her wish, she went ahead and banged a woman he's been flirting with (making sure he knows it and even be able to see it), just because things didn't go her way. Same thing she did with his wife. She couldn't get the threesome she wanted, so she fucked her anyway, she just did it behind his back that time! You know, like you do with people you love... And her bullshit excuse? Better her than a stranger! Really? Is it really better to be betrayed by two people you love and trust rather than one? It's all about her, that's the issue here. The game is supposed to be about Jake's struggles, while he's trying to reconnect with his daughter, protect her and maybe solve his wife murder, not about Deb trying to bang everyone in sight, while getting away with everything she does, no matter how fucked up it is. All it took for the MC to get over the fact she was banging his wife behind his back, was a night's sleep! Seriously?

Of course we can't forget the other way she showed her love for the MC, when she kept a secret that not only she knew where his wife and daughter were, but she was in contact with them (and that goes for their mother too!) all these years he's been looking for them! And it will probably take him 5 to 10 minutes to forgive her when he finds out, because for some reason "Everbody Loves Deborah"! I don't see love in any of her actions. Jealousy? Sure. Obsession? Maybe. He seems to be her favourite toy after all. Love? I really don't see it.

As for Milly, Deb has been groping her since day one and even slept in her bed naked, just because she wanted to fuck with the MC (another way she showed how much she loves him...). Weird that she got some strange ideas in her head right? It's not like she's a traumatised young girl, who just lost her mother, seeking for affection wherever she can find it...

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
ok due to RL issues I haven't yet had time to play it since the update but from some of what I have read I'm guessing I will still continue to try and avoid any sexual situation that can be avoided involving the House keeper the Sister and the Daughter for the same reasons as I previously commented on.
And I will probably still think the MC is an emotional retard with the thought process of what I can only decribe as a prepubecent Howard Wolowitz al least when it comes to the women around him.

So why you might ask if I think like that would I play this game.
Basically because if you ignore the MC v Girls interaction its actually a really good interesting story.
Plus the MC only seems to be the emotionaly challenged deviant retard when he is dealing with the Women.
when the action starts he's actually quite Kick Ass.
So inspite of the three main girls and the MC when he's around them I really rather enjoy this game.
and I'm looking forward to catching up when I get the chance.
So yet again nice work Dev.

Just Sayin.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
This needs a gallery unlocker...
Hope this help, because...

FINALLY!!!

I was finally able to get the last image for Deb and unlock her gallery, basically I had to be submissive to her so that she turns up naked in the sauna and is not wearing a green bikini.

To celebrate, I'm not sure if this will work, but here is the "Persistent" file, which fingers-crossed, will unlock the gallery for everyone.

Screenshot_2020-10-21_034726.png

Reactions: sanmal

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

Your path to being a developer may be the most common story out there. I would say that if your goal was solely to make a story for your own amusement, you would never had made it available to the public; but if your goal was for other people to enjoy the story, then you might take some advice that would allow more people to enjoy it. As you say, you are a new developer and you are learning your craft. Would it not stand to reason that you might have some things to learn as a writer as well? My guess is that you never intended Deb to be one of the most hated characters since Eric in BB, nor for a great many players to turn on Jules. If I am correct, then you have created some disparity between the perception that many people have and the one you intended to create. As a result, would it not make sense to make changes to the story to allow more people to see your vision. If you made a mistake in a render, would you not go back and fix it?

I am neither angry nor frustrated. I enjoy a good conversation, a good debate. I sometimes give advice and sometimes developers listen and sometimes they don't. I do get a fair amount of satisfaction when a developer listens and the results turn out positive.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I see that you have tagged the quote, "You can't please...."; but apparently you have only pleased 29 people enough to support you.
And so, in what exactly is that concerning you ?

You not only have players hating Deb, now many don't want anything to do with Jules.
And so, again, in what exactly is that concerning you ?
You don't like the unavoidable content ? The answer is simple, go play another one of the near to 6000 games available for free here. It would be better than acting like a spoiled brat.
What Azrayal is doing with his game is his concern, and his only. If he's happy with what he get, and he clearly is, there's absolutely no reason for him to change anything ; especially when asked like this.
There's around there, a lot of people who just want to share their stories, and that's what they do. Sometime it please people that have some money to spare, sometime is please people that don't have much to spare, and both are equally right for them. Oh, obviously, I'm sure he wouldn't be against the extra money he could got with more support, but it doesn't mean that he need this money, nor that it's why he's sharing his story with us. And it's to no one among us to judge him on this.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
And so, in what exactly is that concerning you ?

And so, again, in what exactly is that concerning you ?
You don't like the unavoidable content ? The answer is simple, go play another one of the near to 6000 games available for free here. It would be better than acting like a spoiled brat.
What Azrayal is doing with his game is his concern, and his only. If he's happy with what he get, and he clearly is, there's absolutely no reason for him to change anything ; especially when asked like this.
There's around there, a lot of people who just want to share their stories, and that's what they do. Sometime it please people that have some money to spare, sometime is please people that don't have much to spare, and both are equally right for them. Oh, obviously, I'm sure he wouldn't be against the extra money he could got with more support, but it doesn't mean that he need this money, nor that it's why he's sharing his story with us. And it's to no one among us to judge him on this.
Well, if you have read through the thread, it is not only a concern to me. If he has no interest in what people have to say about his story, he would not be here reading these posts. It always amazes me when someone in a discussion group flies off the handle when some expresses their opinion. A spoiled brat has a tantrum when some one does something or says something that they don't like. I have not judged him, I have critiqued his story. The only person I see judging anyone is the poster calling another person a spoiled brat for voicing their opinion.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Well, if you have read through the thread, it is not only a concern to me.
I've done it, you're just the last one to hit my nerves by acting like he own some rights over what the author have to do with his story ; not necessarily the worse, just the last one.

If he has no interest in what people have to say about his story, he would not be here reading these posts.
And why exactly ? You're from the author's behavior police in addition to be a business advisor ? He's not interested in comments that ask him to change his story, and it's more than his right.

Would they be comments helping him to improve the story, I would have nothing to say, but it's not what those comments are asking for. You, among others, want him to tell a story you would like, in place of the story he want to tell us.
But once again, if you're not pleased by his story, just move on. No one care about your disliking ; especially not him since, like you said yourself, you're not the first to say it, and he haven't reacted to the others. You aren't special, you'll not be the one succeeding where every others have failed.

It always amazes me when someone in a discussion group flies off the handle when some expresses their opinion.
Would you be just expressing your opinion, you would have wrote that you dislike Deb and Jules, and also explaining why, dot.
But it's not what you did. It's only the end of your comment, everything before this is you saying that he will never stop loosing support until the moment he comply to your demands. And I'm sorry to inform you that telling to someone that he's doing it all wrong is a judgment of this person, not a critic of his story.

A spoiled brat [...]
At my age, I'll take that for a compliment, thanks.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
If he is reading posts, then he is interested in what people have to say. That's just logical.

If you read the posts, then you would know that he did reply to one of my posts. He specifically said that some of my points were valid.

I did not just say I did not like Jules and Deb because that had already been said by many posters. My point about the number of patrons the story had was made to lend objective support to what they were saying.

I did not say he was doing it all wrong. I rather like the overall story line. Let's just say that I think he made some mistakes in character development. If I thought his story was not worth the effort, I would not have made any comments.

I did not say he was losing support because of the content, I said he did not have support because of the content. What I said about losing patrons was in reference to how all developers lose some patrons at billing time.

You're very welcome for the compliment.

3.00 star(s) 103 Votes