Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
There's no excuse for any of them and even if the MC decides to eventually forgive them (trust them again is a whole different topic) I hope it won't take him half a day, like when he found out Deb was banging his wife behind his back for years, and he won't take the blame for that too...
I think the part of the story, the established history that readers have no control over, that some people just can't seem to accept is that the MC actually IS to blame for a lot of the shit he has since gone through.

His wife cheated on him because he totally neglected her. She cheated with Deb because she was the safest option, and there was already affection there. Neither of them wanted other men besides the MC, so they comforted each other. MC comes to accept the truth of this, but some readers can't.

She divorced him because of his own actions and kept him in the dark as to their whereabouts to keep everyone safe. MC's family accepted this because they must have agreed with Marie on some level, and it was absolutely not their place to tell MC. Millie's mother said no. Her decision trumps that of Millie's aunt or grandmother. Even if they don't agree with the reasoning, they have to respect the parent's wishes.

I have no doubt that MC will come to accept the truth of this as well, just like I have no doubt that some readers can't.

If the MC behaved like the most vocal people here suggested, he'd lose his entire family for good and the game would be over.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I remember a few updates ago everyone was trying to tell the dev that his game needed a NTR tag and he kept trying to tell us it had no NTR ‍♂. My thing is I don't mind NTR game frfr but the thinb with the the NTR has to be either straight up avoidable or optional. I don't care if it's there in that case. Now the story on the other hand idk where tf the dev is truly go with this or who his target is in terms of a audience but I wish him nothing but the best and if the NTR isn't going to be optional meaning is putting the sister in her place, wait PUTTING THE WHOLE FAMILY in their place and taking back control like the top gun soldier we know the MC is supposed to be then I'll drop it. I'll give this game 2-4 more updates if nothing changes I'll still wish the dev luck. It's his game and he'll do what he wants ‍♂ so if you don't like it move on and wish the person luck it's not hard but if you truly don't like it because of the NTR why come every update bitching about it.
Disagree with some of your views but agree with the overall sentiment, and yes it would be nice to at least to be forced to see the NTR( although I really don't consider it such, but hey...)

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
His state of mind was fine when he got locked up. He most likely saw some shit on his mission disobeyed his orders and for that he got locked up. The mom cut off contact cause daughter keeps asking about going home. And the mother freaked out when she saw the daughter had been thinking about her father while masterbating. She just didn't handle the whole situation right. Why the family agreed to keep quite is still a mystery to me.
Why do you think it was fine? Even the MC if you choose to accept that it wasn't, or at least that he was partially to blame in my case, just replay the kitchen scene with deb, choose to stop her "punch" and go through the options, about the mother you are right that is what happens, but that is not the reason why she left, the reason why she left was his state of mind and the reason why the family kept quite might be that as well, or they might be assholes, either way, we don't know yet.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I think the part of the story, the established history that readers have no control over, that some people just can't seem to accept is that the MC actually IS to blame for a lot of the shit he has since gone through.

His wife cheated on him because he totally neglected her. She cheated with Deb because she was the safest option, and there was already affection there. Neither of them wanted other men besides the MC, so they comforted each other. MC comes to accept the truth of this, but some readers can't.

She divorced him because of his own actions and kept him in the dark as to their whereabouts to keep everyone safe. MC's family accepted this because they must have agreed with Marie on some level, and it was absolutely not their place to tell MC. Millie's mother said no. Her decision trumps that of Millie's aunt or grandmother. Even if they don't agree with the reasoning, they have to respect the parent's wishes.

I have no doubt that MC will come to accept the truth of this as well, just like I have no doubt that some readers can't.

If the MC behaved like the most vocal people here suggested, he'd lose his entire family for good and the game would be over.
YES, this, all of this.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
That's your truth. For me it doesn't make a difference if it's with a man or a woman, cheating is cheating and the fact that the other person was someone the MC trusted and swore to never lie to him makes it even worse. Double betrayal. If she wasn't happy and he didn't want to listen to her, she should have asked for a fucking divorce not bang someone else.

And that worked out great, right? Also, fuck no. They let two people who like I said they supposedly love, be miserable for years upon years, to respect Marie's wish, who in the end of the day wasn't their flesh and blood while the people they tormented were? They can go fuck themselves both. Deb is certified, selfish cunt so I'm not shocked she could do something like that, but no mother/grandmother puts anyone's wishes above her child's and grandchild's happiness.

And that would be great. He'd be able to live his life without being surrounded by people ready to stab him in the back, the moment he looks the other away.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
..... is pretty obvious if you think about it for a moment (the edit comment). Also there is emotional connection XD it was the MCs fucking wife. Also just cause they aren't official doesn't mean there isn't any emotional connection either. you don't magically have emotional connect the moment you start dating lmao.

You should really think on it a bit more cause you will find your points are invalid in this case because there are the things there that you seem to think aren't there. And you also forget that this is a MC self-insert style game... so the emotional connection is also from the player themselves....

P.s. if you don't want to discuss this... then don't comment about it lmao.
I didn't want to at the time of writing it but now I'm bored so I'm game for discussing it(Grammarly correct the "didn't" to "don't", and I had not seen it.), about the Mc wife, I should have clarified that yes, at that point you were correct, I just forgot, that part is a half writing string of thoughts that for some reason got attached to the other reply and I didn't feel like taking out.

So yeah, the players might have created an emotional connection to the character you do have a valid point there, but, from what I can see most of the people that are talking about it seem to view the characters as a conquest, it has nothing to do with being infatuated, they just want to be the only ones that can fuck them, there are some that just don't want to see it and I agree with those, but it is not the case for some of the most vocal people, if it was because they were infatuated with certain characters the yes, sure be sad about it if it ruins it for you, but that is the story, what I was liking the most about this game was that we didn't make choices for other characters, most of what I put there where questions and not affirmations so I don't really understand what you meant by "think about it".

Where is this self-insert? if it were my Mc would have had the threesome, this is a character and not an avatar, if you are self-inserting, well that is the problem.

About the obvious, if you mean they are hypocrites and in my view assholes, then yes I know, I just expect people to not want to be hypocrites as it isn't a compliment or a good trait, now if you mean the "why keep bring it up" I really don't get it because the dev made it clear that it will happen if you are uncomfortable with it then move on, as I said multiple times I don't like to know what the Mc doesn't, but the Dev wants to show it to us and I'm willing to play regardless of that, I don't keep coming to this thread to request it.

About the wife again, yeah that was NTR, and again I would prefer not to see or know things that the MC doesn't, in this case, he does, and I don't remember right now but I believe we don't see deb fucking the wife, most people are complaining about other characters, and with the wife wouldn't "cheating" be more fitting? (real question the "difference" between NTR and cheating is lost on me).

PS: if you think I'm being and hypocrite in this thread or anywhere please bring it to my attention so I can be better, also, if it is a very old comment, or even a month old, I might have changed my option but I would be happy to clarify

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
That's your truth. For me it doesn't make a difference if it's with a man or a woman, cheating is cheating and the fact that the other person was someone the MC trusted and swore to never lie to him makes it even worse. Double betrayal. If she wasn't happy and he didn't want to listen to her, she should have asked for a fucking divorce not bang someone else.

And that worked out great, right? Also, fuck no. They let two people who like I said they supposedly love, be miserable for years upon years, to respect Marie's wish, who in the end of the day wasn't their flesh and blood while the people they tormented were? They can go fuck themselves both. Deb is certified, selfish cunt so I'm not shocked she could do something like that, but no mother/grandmother puts anyone's wishes above her child's and grandchild's happiness.

And that would be great. He'd be able to live his life without being surrounded by people ready to stab him in the back, the moment he looks the other away.
i find it really funny when people say that cheating doesn't count because it was with a woman thats not how things work, and his whole family are selfish, manipulative, spiteful cunts and i would of walked away from them along time ago

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I didn't want to at the time of writing it but now I'm bored so I'm game for discussing it(Grammarly correct the "didn't" to "don't", and I had not seen it.), about the Mc wife, I should have clarified that yes, at that point you were correct, I just forgot, that part is a half writing string of thoughts that for some reason got attached to the other reply and I didn't feel like taking out.

So yeah, the players might have created an emotional connection to the character you do have a valid point there, but, from what I can see most of the people that are talking about it seem to view the characters as a conquest, it has nothing to do with being infatuated, they just want to be the only ones that can fuck them, there are some that just don't want to see it and I agree with those, but it is not the case for some of the most vocal people, if it was because they were infatuated with certain characters the yes, sure be sad about it if it ruins it for you, but that is the story, what I was liking the most about this game was that we didn't make choices for other characters, most of what I put there where questions and not affirmations so I don't really understand what you meant by "think about it".

Where is this self-insert? if it were my Mc would have had the threesome, this is a character and not an avatar, if you are self-inserting, well that is the problem.

About the obvious, if you mean they are hypocrites and in my view assholes, then yes I know, I just expect people to not want to be hypocrites as it isn't a compliment or a good trait, now if you mean the "why keep bring it up" I really don't get it because the dev made it clear that it will happen if you are uncomfortable with it then move on, as I said multiple times I don't like to know what the Mc doesn't, but the Dev wants to show it to us and I'm willing to play regardless of that, I don't keep coming to this thread to request it.

About the wife again, yeah that was NTR, and again I would prefer not to see or know things that the MC doesn't, in this case, he does, and I don't remember right now but I believe we don't see deb fucking the wife, most people are complaining about other characters, and with the wife wouldn't "cheating" be more fitting? (real question the "difference" between NTR and cheating is lost on me).

PS: if you think I'm being and hypocrite in this thread or anywhere please bring it to my attention so I can be better, also, if it is a very old comment, or even a month old, I might have changed my option but I would be happy to clarify
yeah nah not gonna read that, way too much wall of text, where you will likely say the same thing. So much for not wanting to discuss it tho lmao.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Just a reminder, we don't know how the MC was when she decided to leave, so hold out judgment until we do on that, now they might have had a reason but yeah, asshole move anyway and they will have to do a lot to redeem themselves if that is even possible, and I'll agree that cheating is cheating doesn't matter with whom and that the best option was the divorce in the first place, but again I can see why it happened as it did, Deb had her second chance and fucked up so for my Mc it would take a lot for a third chance and he will never trust her again no matter what, he won't trust his mother either but that is because of what it was said about her parenting, but again, I would suggest holding out judgment until we know what the MC was like in the past, for all we know he might have been drunk all the time and beat his wife( I doubt it, this was just an example), and before anyone says "why would Deb stay with him then?" Hell if I know, co-dependency, thinking she could fix him, having no one else, there are many reasons and this is something that happens all the time in real life.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
yeah nah not gonna read that, way too much wall of text, where you will likely say the same thing. So much for not wanting to discuss it tho lmao.
If you read it you would know that I want to discuss it and that it was a typo before as I was talking in the past tense.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
fair enough. but nah is off topic at this point and should end it before mods have to.
Fair enough, that is why I barely speak in here anymore I like discussing things, and sometimes even when the author is okay with it the mods erase it and that makes this part of the site suck. Edit: for me, suck for me.

Reactions: bobdillan

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
We are the point of agreeing to disagree. MC is not us. He clearly lacks *emotional* maturity in that he has no idea how to deal with emotions and those he supposedly loves, and that has been the main source of his problems to date.

You would never forgive cheating no matter what. MC clearly did. That isn't going to change.

You would never forgive the family hiding Millie's whereabouts. MC most likely will. And that won't change.

I'll continue to follow along with the story not because I would necessarily do the same thing as the MC, but because I want to continue with *his* story. Obviously if you or me or anyone else were the MC, it would play out differently. But we're not. And the MC's decisions and attitudes (and everyone else's reaction to them) are already set.

It's been over a year since the game was first released and yet the complaints remain the same. Why? Because the Dev hasn't changed course. He's telling the story he wants to tell. I've got nothing but respect for that.

Jay4201

Dec 22, 2019
Why do you think it was fine? Even the MC if you choose to accept that it wasn't, or at least that he was partially to blame in my case, just replay the kitchen scene with deb, choose to stop her "punch" and go through the options, about the mother you are right that is what happens, but that is not the reason why she left, the reason why she left was his state of mind and the reason why the family kept quite might be that as well, or they might be assholes, either way, we don't know yet.
No she left because it was the only way to get us to focus on getting out of jail. The whole thing behind no contact has to do with millie and her masterbating to her dad's pic.mom thought it was best that way I guess but it was not the right choice. Has nothing to do with mc's state of mind. She always knew he had problems with emotional stuff. But she still loved him and still kept him and the daughter apart.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
We are the point of agreeing to disagree. MC is not us. He clearly lacks *emotional* maturity in that he has no idea how to deal with emotions and those he supposedly loves, and that has been the main source of his problems to date.

You would never forgive cheating no matter what. MC clearly did. That isn't going to change.

You would never forgive the family hiding Millie's whereabouts. MC most likely will. And that won't change.

I'll continue to follow along with the story not because I would necessarily do the same thing as the MC, but because I want to continue with *his* story. Obviously if you or me or anyone else were the MC, it would play out differently. But we're not. And the MC's decisions and attitudes (and everyone else's reaction to them) are already set.

It's been over a year since the game was first released and yet the complaints remain the same. Why? Because the Dev hasn't changed course. He's telling the story he wants to tell. I've got nothing but respect for that.
The thing is, the morning after Deb tells you she was fucking Marie, you get the option to NOT forgive either of them, and that's exactly what I chose, but the game doesn't play out like this. You can just make Deb more submissive, while the MC accepts all the shit she's doing. So any complaint is valid in my opinion. If you read more closely, no one is complaining about the actual story, but mostly about how the MC reacts in certain events and how Deb's behaviour doesn't match her supposed deep and unconditional love for him.

The MC being mad at her after she completely disregarded his wishes, the very same day she said she would respect them for instance, wouldn't really change the story, would it now?
Or not having sex with her after having the option to reject her, instead of just not seeing it and jumping to a scene where they are both naked in bed together?
Or not jerking off while watching her with Jules, even if you chose that you don't want to see them together?
How about Jules rejecting Deb when she realises the threesome would actualy be a two...some if the MC has been actively flirting with her from the start, since the player had the choice to flirt with her or not?
Would that change anything in the story since they break it off anyway? No, it would just keep more people still interested in her. I think it's little things like those I mentioned, that bother most of us and not the actual story.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
No she left because it was the only way to get us to focus on getting out of jail. The whole thing behind no contact has to do with millie and her masterbating to her dad's pic.mom thought it was best that way I guess but it was not the right choice. Has nothing to do with mc's state of mind. She always knew he had problems with emotional stuff. But she still loved him and still kept him and the daughter apart.
Are you really saying that the Mc's state of mind had nothing to do with him going to jail? That the good little soldier wasn't affected by whatever the reason for him going to jail was? There is too much background knowledge is basically what I was saying, and yeah that was the reason she left and the reason she didn't tell him about it in the begging, but I doubt the masturbation was the reason for keeping them apart, even knowing about the Mc and his sister, actually especially knowing that since she could straight up just talk to him at that point, maybe she was too far in to back out afterwards but if what you are saying was right the mother and Deb would have no reason to keep it all hidden, unless they tough it would negatively affect the MC somehow, I don't remember if Deb knew about Milly masturbating but if she did she would have been adamant in trying to make it happen, like she is now, so yeah, in fact, I'll just say that I don't know fully why they did what they did, it might be a dumb reason, it might be a good one, but I'll wait and see and not judge before having the full information.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The thing is, the morning after Deb tells you she was fucking Marie, you get the option to NOT forgive either of them, and that's exactly what I chose, but the game doesn't play out like this. You can just make Deb more submissive, while the MC accepts all the shit she's doing. So any complaint is valid in my opinion. If you read more closely, no one is complaining about the actual story, but mostly about how the MC reacts in certain events and how Deb's behaviour doesn't match her supposed deep and unconditional love for him.

The MC being mad at her after she completely disregarded his wishes, the very same day she said she would respect them for instance, wouldn't really change the story, would it now?
Or not having sex with her after having the option to reject her, instead of just not seeing it and jumping to a scene where they are both naked in bed together?
Or not jerking off while watching her with Jules, even if you chose that you don't want to see them together?
How about Jules rejecting Deb when she realises the threesome would actualy be a two...some if the MC has been actively flirting with her from the start, since the player had the choice to flirt with her or not?
Would that change anything in the story since they break it off anyway? No, it would just keep more people still interested in her. I think it's little things like those I mentioned, that bother most of us and not the actual story.
My Mc didn't jerk off watching them, I think your willpower was too low, probably, I might be misremembering but I just had to play through the entire game again so I'm pretty confident, agree that we should have options for rejecting sex or accept it.

Jules was horny so I don't see why she wouldn't even if the MC was flirting with her at the moment he rejected her, and she is bi, and again horny, so I don't see why she wouldn't go through with it besides some players not liking it. Also, you are assuming the dev is creating this for you, they obviously aren't, so much so that they are putting more scenes like that in the game, like with Milly and Astrid(?), also this is a character and not you, the biggest problem here is people thinking the MC is an avatar when he isn't and rarely they are, we are basically a voice in the Mc's head that appeared out of nowhere and can influence his thoughts to a extend, so yes you had that choice early on but that was just one small nudge on their way of thinking.

Jay4201

Dec 22, 2019
Are you really saying that the Mc's state of mind had nothing to do with him going to jail? That the good little soldier wasn't affected by whatever the reason for him going to jail was? There is too much background knowledge is basically what I was saying, and yeah that was the reason she left and the reason she didn't tell him about it in the begging, but I doubt the masturbation was the reason for keeping them apart, even knowing about the Mc and his sister, actually especially knowing that since she could straight up just talk to him at that point, maybe she was too far in to back out afterwards but if what you are saying was right the mother and Deb would have no reason to keep it all hidden, unless they tough it would negatively affect the MC somehow, I don't remember if Deb knew about Milly masturbating but if she did she would have been adamant in trying to make it happen, like she is now, so yeah, in fact, I'll just say that I don't know fully why they did what they did, it might be a dumb reason, it might be a good one, but I'll wait and see and not judge before having the full information.
The letter states she left thinking it was the only way to help him focus on getting out of jail. While a few years pass millie wouldn't let go on going back to dad. So mom told her he loved someone else and was with them. Later she sees daughter masterbating to dad's pic. She didn't tell Deb at all. Deb found this out from Jules. The wife sleeping with deb is because why not mc does and he is gone a lot she has urges doesn't want another man. Deb took the opportunity she always wanted. They kept in contact but not sure what reason the family was given to not tell mc. But like I said state of mind has nothing to do with it. They where in love and had no issues other then mc emotional problems like not knowing how to show how much he loves someone or going on birthday outings. But the love was strong from both. So the reasoning she gave the other family members is a mystery to me. The mc also states on the past mission he just couldn't leave. So I figure he most likely disobeyed a order. While locked up he feels he did the right thing and wouldn't do or say what his superiors wanted. So he stayed locked up so wife decides only way is to leave give him something else to focus on. The family in my eyes are just fucked up lmao

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The letter states she left thinking it was the only way to help him focus on getting out of jail. While a few years pass millie wouldn't let go on going back to dad. So mom told her he loved someone else and was with them. Later she sees daughter masterbating to dad's pic. She didn't tell Deb at all. Deb found this out from Jules. The wife sleeping with deb is because why not mc does and he is gone a lot she has urges doesn't want another man. Deb took the opportunity she always wanted. They kept in contact but not sure what reason the family was given to not tell mc. But like I said state of mind has nothing to do with it. They where in love and had no issues other then mc emotional problems like not knowing how to show how much he loves someone or going on birthday outings. But the love was strong from both. So the reasoning she gave the other family members is a mystery to me. The mc also states on the past mission he just couldn't leave. So I figure he most likely disobeyed a order. While locked up he feels he did the right thing and wouldn't do or say what his superiors wanted. So he stayed locked up so wife decides only way is to leave give him something else to focus on. The family in my eyes are just fucked up lmao
Okay, you do understand that all you just said had to do with his state of mind right? I think you got hunged up on the example I gave even though I said that probably wasn't the case, I know the Mc wasn't an abusive asshole, and it is clear that the wife still loved him, what I was trying to emphasize, and obviously failed to, was that we don't know why Deb and the grandmother kept things from him and that maybe, just maybe since we don't have the full picture it would be good to wait and see.

Jay4201

Dec 22, 2019
Okay, you do understand that all you just said had to do with his state of mind right? I think you got hunged up on the example I gave even though I said that probably wasn't the case, I know the Mc wasn't an abusive asshole, and it is clear that the wife still loved him, what I was trying
Okay, you do understand that all you just said had to do with his state of mind right? I think you got hunged up on the example I gave even though I said that probably wasn't the case, I know the Mc wasn't an abusive asshole, and it is clear that the wife still loved him, what I was trying to emphasize, and obviously failed to, was that we don't know why Deb and the grandmother kept things from him and that maybe, just maybe since we don't have the full picture it would be good to wait and see.
No sir you are stuck on she left him cause of state of mind. His only fault was his emotional problem. Which he always had. That was not the issue for her to leave him over. She loved him strongly. She left him thinking its the only way he will focus to finally get out of jail. Which it did work but she never allowed contact with daughter. Why? Because she was afraid the daughter would end up like deb. Why the family agreed without knowing this is the real mystery. What did she tell them not to tell mc? Again they all didn't keep it from him cause of any state of mind. They all knew he had emotional issues since he was younger cause of father this is a non issue. Not the reason behind it. So what was told to family guess we find out later.

3.00 star(s) 103 Votes