ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

ep3scene6_020.png ep3scene15_001.png ep3scene8_011.png ep3scene6_003.png
While I continue work on dialing in the right settings for each character, I'm trying to put extra attention to the main ones. Ashley and MC are very close right now. (ha! a pun... Rachel would be proud)
Travis was the correct name for MC's friend in the last teaser (nice job Callisto, even if you assumed it was the wrong guy in that image). Here is another look at Travis.
Ep3 will see the return of some characters. While Sierra was only briefly visible in one scene of Ep2, there will also be two other ladies returning that we haven't seen since Ep1. Any guesses who? (Images will be revealed in future teaser

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

This last week I put some more focus on programming. Most of it was related to a choice-assistant feature, save files, choice menus and dialogue customization/upgrades. I've taken into account concerns/suggestions that people have given me and everything should be accounted for.
In two weeks I plan to make a large post covering details about everything above and more info of Episode 3.
This upcoming week I want to revise and "complete" at least the first 10 scenes and hand it off to my tester. There are two reasons for this:
1) I want all the new programming features to be tested by someone other than me to confirm it all works properly and looks good. I'm expecting some minor tweaks will happen after this.
2) To get more eyes on the updated art and verify the quality has improved across the board. I've already redone a lot of renders early on as I've worked to improve character skins, so I want to make sure they're all dialed in before I start cranking out more scenes.
If anyone else has other ideas for improvements or features then I'd love to hear them. Anything that seems beneficial I will consider for implementation.
-ckr

Reactions: AGhostLikeMe

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello friends
Are the models in this game easy girls or hard girls ( or lady ) ? I mean, do they have necessary resistance ( strong personality ) or do they quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship with MC? I hope they have sufficient and necessary resistance

ViperGts151

Last edited:

malkass

Jun 14, 2018
sufficient and necessary resistance
wut? please do explain what is "necessary resistance"? according to oed necessary would mean " " in what fucking context? your personal preference? your defenition of "proper" "believable" behavior for woman? lets for one moment disregard that this is an avn site and with any work here there is ALWAYS fiction involved in some matter and we ALWAYS have to employ some suspension of disbelieve.
there are ~4b woman on this planet. each of them being a unique individual in their personality and expression. some might be more sexually active some less, some are "easier" some are "harder". some might be deemed "sluts" by a certain demographic of retard some might be written off as "nuns". the fuck is "necassary resistance" and to what exactly? since there is no corruption tag you would be looking for the wrong game either way if you were interested in some "challenge" corrupting and breaking down "proper woman". if you fear this being some "bang the bimbos game" nope its not that either. even if some girls might be considered "easy" by some silly moral or otherwise degenerate standard that wont be applicable in reality let alone in fiction.
but why dont you simply download the compressed version instead of tagging the NOTdev of the game. its some 220mb watching crappy vids on the net will within minutes consume more data. the writing is good too so its neither a waste of time nor money(data).

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Hello friends
Are the models in this game easy girls or hard girls ( or lady ) ? I mean, do they have necessary resistance ( strong personality ) or do they quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship with MC? I hope they have sufficient and necessary resistance

ViperGts151
Not sure how to respond to your question, I consider the girls in this AVN more like regular girls in reality, the avn is more about a lost love and get back over it, to then finding new love. You will come across all sorts of girls, from one timers to real love interests, so overall the most girls for new love will be harder to have fun with then those who just for a fun one timer will give it easy. Hope that helps you...

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

This week I ironed out some issues with new coding I implemented. But I was still frustrated that I wasn't able to create a renaming feature like I wanted.
The goal was to allow renaming of each save filename. After spending a lot of time researching and trying to code it, I was told Ren'py doesn't have that functionality. I'm convinced there's a way to do it, but I'm not familiar enough with the coding to figure it out. So this means I'll have to come up with another solution...
I was also able to revise the early scenes and am getting ready to package everything for a friend do a quick check with feedback over the new features. My work pace was slow this week due to the heat (no a/c = death while rendering), so I'm a little behind schedule.
Look forward to next week when I'll talk in a lot more detail on Ep3 and the changes ahead.
-ckr

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
Hello friends

ViperGts151
Well, it's kinda early in the game to make an assumption but overall there a lot of "easy chicks" at the moment but I think(And this is just MY case) that there are going to appear some hard chicks at some point and for now there are some others chicks that don't throw themselves for the MC at the moment.

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

ep3scene12_001.png ep3scene4_013.png ep3scene22_001.png ep3scene4_035.png
Amanda and Allison make their return. (Yes, Allison was technically seen in a photograph in Stacy's bedroom in Ep2, but can that really be considered an appearance?)

Last edited:

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

I promised a large post today, so get ready! There's a lot that will be new with the Episode 3 release, and I hope to cover a good chunk of what you can expect here. The reason for doing this now is so I can incorporate feedback to make the updates as user-friendly as possible.
Let's start with the breakdown, and you'll be able to read about the details for each item further below.
  • Estimated Release: First half of Ep3 in October
  • Improved rendering
  • UI additions/upgrades -- choice buttons, choice assistant, hide unavailable choices, dialogue character images, dialogue background image, delete icons for save files, automatic save names
Episode 3 Release:
We begin with the biggest reveal. So far TaH has progressed from Ep1: Natural Disaster to Ep2: New Beginnings. Episode 3's title will be Painful Memories. As you may be able to conclude from the title, there will be a sub-theme related to characters' pasts that helps reveal more of the story as a whole, while continuing to progress the MC's life challenges & relationships. And with those growing relationships, that means the intimate and sexual content will also see some expansion.
As I predicted, the size of the episode will likely be the largest so far. The scenes of the first two episodes averaged about 1,000 words each. Episode 3 has about 50 scenes prepared, so I'm fully expecting it will be at least 50k words, which will bring the series total to above 125k words.
One important distinction I want to make with the text is that it is all dialogue, either spoken or internal monologue. I don't use words to describe the scenes; that's what the pictures are for. I also try to pay close attention so that I'm not including a lot of 'filler'. I want all of the dialogue to have a reason for existing, either to showcase characters' personalities, give subtle clues, or to advance the story.
There is a decent pause point in the middle of the episode that will allow me to release the first half without any major cliffhangers and still provide you with a solid amount of content to keep the waiting period down. Then I'd like to release the final portion before winter.
Improved Rendering:
It's natural for skills to progress, and I've spent a lot of time this summer learning and experimenting with textures and material settings.

Capturing characters' expressions & emotions and making them relatable is the most common compliment this game has received, and I intend to make it stronger. I have gone through each one and updated their settings, most notably their skin. The results are images that show more depth, detail, and life. Coupling this with more attention to their posing, expressions and clothing, I expect a more immersive experience with the characters.

While I'm conscious of improving lighting techniques in this episode as well, the major focus I worked on this time was the characters. I expect lighting will be the next area I concentrate on in the future, along with rendering techniques that'll produce an even higher-end quality of images.
UI Additions/Upgrades:
One thing that's important to me is making Trouble at Home have a unique look that separates it from other games of the genre. A lot of this involves customizing UI elements. On top of that, I want players to have control over some features to match their preferred style, which is why some options can be turned on/off or adjusted in the settings.
Automatic Save Names: Now each new save will name the file automatically with what Episode & Scene you're currently in. I am also working on how I want to allow custom save names in a way that isn't annoying or obtrusive.
Delete Icons for Save Files: A small icon on the corner of each save that allows you to delete it.

Choice Menu Buttons: This is an update from the default look. Now it shows some more color and fits a common spray paint UI theme to match the logo lettering.
Choice Assistant: An optional feature that will show additional information with each choice button, such as how it'll affect relationship paths or what prerequisite is needed to select the choice. Useful for additional playthroughs or those who prefer a guide.

Show/Hide Unavailable Choices: An optional feature that will remove any choices you don't meet the prerequisites for. Useful if you don't want to see things you can't do. (Otherwise they will show up as grayed-out options that can't be selected.)

Dialogue Background Image: Updated from the default dialogue background image. It follows the theme of the new choice buttons. (Opacity can still be adjusted in settings, from completely transparent to near fully opaque.)
Dialogue Character Images: An optional feature that will display small images of the character who is speaking to the left of the dialogue box.

Other Notes:
While all of these changes may undergo some more work for improved functionality or visibility, this at least gives a good idea of what will be added. It's also important to note that all of these features will apply to Ep1 & Ep2 as well. There are others I plan to add, but I'll reveal them at a later date if they make it into the next release.
The software version was also updated to address a video playback issue. There appears to be no issue working with prior saves, and this is something I'm keeping in mind for every change I do. The first priority is to make everything compatible with previous versions, but if any features won't be available without a fresh restart then I'll try to make it known in advance.
Hopefully all the updates are seen as positive moves. If there something you're excited for or think could still use some work, let me know!
-ckr

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
I think Vicky want to give it another try with dating MC, at the same time if you pay attention Haley's checking Monika's preoccupied reaction so this must mean she's not that chill about MC banging every chick he encounters; but I wanna what's Haley doing back there, this gotta be her update since we never got an option to interact with her so hopefully we will get some action with her in this one.

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Long days at the office can be stressful. Be sure to help Carla take a break whenever you can.
Carla-Promo1-1080.jpg Carla-Promo2-1080.jpg Carla-Promo3-1080.jpg
For 4k and 1440 resolutions, download below.

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

A little bit shorter update this week. First off, I've catalogued some posts here on Patreon under the new "Collections" section. There you can find all of the weekly Progress Reports in one area, and all of the Featured Girl Promos in another. It's just a small organizational improvement, but maybe it'll help some people find some older stuff.
Last week I covered a lot of changes that will be happening with Ep3. Today is just a quick overview of how much work is complete.
The first half of Ep3 will be approximately 30 scenes. I'm expecting that I'll have to add in a couple more so I don't have an exact number. Right now about 15 scenes are ready for the second round of revisions (this is where I slowly play through everything and make adjustments to images and dialogue as I go).
I have renders done for a few animations, but I haven't checked if they're all good or if anything needs to be fixed/redone. I had a goal in mind for adding more animations, but it will be very dependent on how much time I have to set them up.
In the next week or two I plan to do a detailed report (or series of reports) on my creative process, which has been requested by a few people. I'll need to come up with an outline of all the points I want to cover, so if you have any specific things you're curious to learn about then please list them below.
-ckr

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

This is the beginning of a multi-part series that will highlight what happens from the creative side of developing Trouble at Home. It will cover topics from ideas, workflow, and decision-making that take place throughout the project. This first one will talk about how the story and initial characters were developed.
So we start with the obvious question: where did the idea for TaH come from?
While it's not the sole reason, the roots can be traced back to a comment an old girlfriend had mentioned to me... "If you had a sister, she'd be hot." I couldn't tell you what sparked the statement, and the conversation never went much beyond that.
But over the years that thought stuck around and occasionally I'd contemplate "What If" scenarios. What would it be like to have a sister? How would she act? Would we get along? Would we have common interests? Would I be protective?
And for the longest time that's all it ever was... Just an idle daydream of something that would never exist.
By chance I stumbled upon my first visual novel (DFD by Love Joint). I don't even know exactly how I came across it, but the game was strong enough to pull me into the genre. I ended up playing a handful of AVNs that were available for free, which turned out to be a double-edged sword. While they provided entertainment & inspiration, I was subjecting myself to some crude projects compared to popular paid ones. So with that inspiration came poor judgment of what makes a good AVN story, and I'd have to reevaluate some things in the future.
Meanwhile, in a completely separate section of my brain, I was curious how difficult it would be to mess around with 3D video game character models. This set me on a quest of tutorials and forums about how to first extract the 3D model from the game, and what software to use to manipulate it.
This brought me into Blender, and when I realized it wouldn't be easy. So I began doing Blender tutorials on Youtube... Then I'm introduced to Daz3D... Then Ren'py. Suddenly I'm experimenting with all the pieces needed to create my own AVN.
I had been interested in writing stories for a while (well... creating stories as I never particularly liked the writing part). I was mostly into the fantasy/adventure realm which made it perfect for hosting D&D campaigns with friends. I would create my own worlds, cultures, characters, and governing rules for things such as magic and deities. There were some things I would go quite in-depth with.
But if I were to try making a visual novel then I felt like I needed to do something in a modern setting for simplicity's sake. After all, I was a complete novice when it came to working in 3D and artwork. And so this led me to focusing on that sister idea again.
Kayla was officially born.
Did I know how she'd look? Yes, mostly. I had a very good image of her in my head, but by chance I stumbled upon a picture of a woman that was SO close to my vision. That picture helped give a reference when shaping her model. I was so pleased when I found a hair asset than matched my vision, but later a little disappointed to see how often it's used with other AVN females. But some things can't be helped.
Kayla was the first character I knew I wanted, and would be the centerpiece around how the story develops. Next, I needed the MC.
When I was younger I thoroughly loved the main protagonists that began from nothing and became the hero. But as I got older I started to dislike that trope. Why can't the hero start from an average, or even privileged position?
That was the premise for the MC. Where the story begins he actually is in a pretty well-off spot in his life: his family has money, in great shape, an incredible athlete, has himself a girl, going to graduate and head off to college, etc.
His only problem...
Is Kayla.
This would be the main focal point for the story: The impossibly broken relationship. But we have to circle back to the problem I mentioned above regarding poor AVN writing. The original iteration was very simplistic and optimistic from a player's viewpoint. This was due to the nature of the games I've played to this point where girls quickly succumb to the MC's charm and "nice guy" attitude, and all problems and trauma melt away effortlessly when around him.
Yes, it's a game and people are welcome to make any story they please to fulfill whatever fantasies. Because who wouldn't want dozens of girls falling for them just by smiling in their direction?
But it's not what I wanted here; it didn't pass the realism test. I needed characters that felt real, were relatable, and distinct from one another both visually and emotionally. They would need quirks. issues and their own sense of morality.
This is where I decided that the MC needed to be grounded into some firm beliefs. Opening up the story to him being able to choose everything under the sun from good to evil was not a path I wanted to explore. Therefore he is very much middle-of-the-road, not leaning heavily into "good guy" or "bad boy" territory. In my opinion this neutral personality tends to make less dramatic, but more interesting decision points.
It means I don't have to give the player good/evil or right/wrong choices. If there's a clear correct decision then I assume the MC will make it on his own. Instead we get to explore trade-offs. Each decision is an opportunity to determine what's more important: gaining trust, be self-serving, exploring a romance, or sometimes getting even against someone who's wronged you. These are the choices everyone faces in their daily lives and I wanted to the MC to reflect them.
This is what helped shape the backbone of how TaH would further be developed.
To be continued...

s.freud

Jan 18, 2021
I had some time, so I created a little Walkthrough-Mod (preferred choices marked with a "+"),
and additional "Cheat: Both" / "Cheat: All" -choices, to see all scenes, without leaving some others out.
Also stats/money get boosted automatically along the way.

If you like to try. ^^

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes