ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Over the past couple of weeks a good chunk has been done. I've managed to do my last revisions to scenes 1-16. Last revisions do not mean they are finished, but it's the last edits I'll do before my finalization process. The size was approximately 15k words and 450 images at this point.
As of writing this post I'm up to creating Scene 21 and have approximately 10 more to go to complete the 'halfway' point of the episode. So yes, the first half will be close to the size of Episode 1 and I'm still targeting an October release for it. Right now I'm unsure what date, but I may be targeting the 12th.
Before that release I want to update Ep1 & Ep2 with the new features I'm implementing. It's not a ton of work, but it's something I want done ahead of time.
One addition that's been high on my list is a phone UI that would be used for texting and other features in-game. I started messing with some code on that this week and realized it may be more complicated than I thought. I need a lot more time to experiment so I don't believe I'll have anything ready for the Part 1 release, but am still hopeful I can get a working version ready for the Part 2 release that completes the episode.

iamvenom

Feb 1, 2021
I had some time, so I created a little Walkthrough-Mod (preferred choices marked with a "+"),
and additional "Cheat: Both" / "Cheat: All" -choices, to see all scenes, without leaving some others out.
Also stats/money get boosted automatically along the way.

If you like to try. ^^
Thanks a ton man! Would use it in my next playthrough.

Reactions: Envoye

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Last time I talked about how TaH was first conceived. This article focuses on what I expected the project to be, rather than anything technical or the work I've done on it.
When I first began mapping out TaH updates I wanted the size to be worthwhile for players. I did some research on what average gameplay is, and while it varies for everyone, it seemed like 10,000 words was roughly 1 hour of gameplay.
I figured it was reasonable to use 3-4 lines of dialogue per image, as one image for every line seemed excessive and unnecessary. After some calculation the final number looked like 200-250 images per 10,000 words.
This gave me the initial goal of creating episodes that were about 20,000 words and 500 images each to give it close to the same length as a movie. And since I wanted to keep the wait times short, I thought it would be reasonable to have an episode ready every 2-3 months with a total of 10 episodes in mind.
There were a couple of things that threw a wrench into the formula. The first was that I originally intended to make the game in 720p. Later I realized that 1080 would likely be more successful, but it takes about twice as long to render those images. This was also coupled with trying to increase the image quality which requires even more rendering time.
The second problem was I underestimated my ability (and the necessity) to flesh out the story with more details. Considering Ep1 blew up to 30,000 words and Ep2 into 45,000, the amount of time it took to develop was increased significantly.
So a good question to ask here is: Can't I just release smaller episodes in a shorter timeframe, like the original plan?
Well... No. The reason why is because the format of each episode is meant to bring its own development, conflict and resolution. Additionally, every episode has a special event associated with it that's important to the plot. In Ep1 this was the school dance. In Ep2 it was the carnival. These main events are tied into the episode's theme and cutting that into pieces felt unsatisfactory as you're left dangling in the middle of the major conflict.
We can see this in Ep1 where the main conflict was the MC's inner turmoil until he finally leaned on his friends at the dance to overcome it. Stopping before the dance leaves a sour taste because you see no significant win before that point, and you might just assume it'll never get better. In Ep2 it was about the tension between the MC and Kayla that finally saw some growth at the carnival. Both episodes ended where we saw considerable progression in one aspect of the story while not leaving the reader on a large cliffhanger.
As a side note, while I'm not against cliffhangers in general, I chose to avoid that approach for now. They can bring a lot of anticipation of what's to come, but can also be frustrating being left in a state of suspense. I'd rather not pull the rug out from underneath you after completing an important part of the story.
Is there an end in sight?
As mentioned above, the plan became 10 episodes that will go through the end of summer and be a complete story. This isn't a project that I want to milk forever; it needs to have a defined finish line. However... the one exception is if the game proves to be successful and the demand is there, I have content already outlined that can continue it another season before calling it final.
-ckr

Reactions: AGhostLikeMe

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Really short update today because I'm exhausted. This week I spent a few days updating the code for Ep1 and Ep2. It was a lot of cleanup plus adding functionality for the game's new features which lead to the [v1.1] release a couple days ago.
Now I'm focusing all my attention back on Ep3. I thought it'd be possible to force out Part 1 this week, but I want the chance to add all the scenes I've originally wanted, and test it as much as I can. It seems unlikely I'll have any help on this, so I'll need to play through it several times on my own. There are more plot threads to keep track of than before, and I've already caught a couple rare choice sequences that I glossed over.
Right now I am officially targeting Oct. 19th. And then I can finally rest... for a couple days.
-ckr

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
Wow, I read some negative reviews in this thread but decided to give it a try anyway and have to say it's a pretty good AVN. It can be really funny too, I'm surprised how many times I had a chuckle over some of Mark's lame jokes. I'm glad I've found this hidden gem just before next update.

Large selection of interesting girls and they just keep coming.

I'm a bit concerned about so much focus on best friend's girlfriend and the idea of her and MC especially because my depraved ass made a save where I'm falling for it.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
It's start kind of classic/average but hey at the end I'm really surprise.

MC isn't bad, the story isn't revolutionary but works well and girls are cute.
Ashley (Trouble at Home).png
+ Ashley is definitely best girl.
I really like the story part where she tries to change the relationship between MC&his sister.

And despite the original start the VN is pretty chill.

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

As release date approaches the stress is running high. There's never enough time to complete everything I want to. I've had two people play through the first 20 scenes and feedback about the story direction was positive... Also no errors and only a couple minor things with images.
I have about 10 scenes I need to edit or finish, and unfortunately I won't be able to include everything I intended for Part 1. So how does this impact things?
Well... fortunately not a TON. This episode has seen a lot of moving parts regarding plot, and a lot was added from the original script. I can't say much about the details now because I'd rather not spoil anything. But ideally I wanted to finish Part 1 after concluding a certain event, and instead it'll wrap up just before that event.
I've been a bit more scatterbrained than usual with this one so there's been story branches that I needed to address that sucked up more time... I think I have them all accounted for now.
So the plan is to bust my butt for three more days, and spend Wednesday doing playthroughs. Just hope I get a little sleep somewhere in between :)
-ckr

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Episode 3: Painful Memories - The spring carnival provided a glimmer of light, and possibly hope, on the fractured relationship with your sister. But no matter how far you've traveled, the scars from old wounds never truly fade. And when your friend begins digging into those resurfaced memories, you may discover just how connected you all are.
Here is Part 1 of Episode 3, which has been broken into two halves. Don't worry- while there may be some unresolved story, Part 1 is a sizeable update and not meant to leave you on a large cliffhanger. Here's what else you can expect:
26k+ words, 780+ images (so far...)
Revamped Introduction Scene (shown in the Ep2 [v1.1] Update)
New game options: dialogue character icons, choice assistant, and hidden game choices (shown in the Ep2 [v1.1] Update)
Improved visuals both in the UI and in-game renders
Fun Fling+ members get additional Bonus Content which includes extended scenes featuring: Emily, Kayla and Jess
Thank you to all TaH supporters, both long-term and new! You're the reason why this game continues and why I strive for ways to improve it. Reaching a larger audience helps make this easier on me, so please don't be shy spreading what you like about TaH and making it more visible in the gaming community. It always brings me a smile when I see this game discussed and recommended.
Enjoy :)
-ckr
PC=
Mac=

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TroubleAtHome-EP3v0.29
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Me when i got to this Where the fuck is the stonecold stunner the bitch option.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes