Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Y'all are

yep, would be nice to see the resolution of the Kayla/Emily convo, plus I'd really like to beat the shit out of the guy, whoever that was. As for comparing to BaDIK, I think it's unfair... that game barely gets an update a year.
true only compared it cause how long each chapter took me reminded me of it in terms of length but that's where the comparison ends

korochan48

Nov 12, 2019
I'm not sure what the problem you're having is unless you're using a mod. Looking at the code... by default you have the Stacy date (setup at the gym), and it stays that way unless you talk to Ashley in your room after Emily leaves.

Then after the track meet, it'll jump you to either the Stacy or Ashley date based on that.
Ah I see so it's a mod problem cause I'm in Stacy solo path and reject Ashley every time but still got the Ashley date. Got to play with no mod then choice are easy anyway.

Reactions: IffsCv and tufstuff

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Since I'm too lazy to replay this, anyone knows if there is a route where you DON'T make up with the sister? I'm pretty sure I've picked negative interactions whenever possible but she still cozies up to him. Is there ANY way to tell her "back off bitch"?

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Since I'm too lazy to replay this, anyone knows if there is a route where you DON'T make up with the sister? I'm pretty sure I've picked negative interactions whenever possible but she still cozies up to him. Is there ANY way to tell her "back off bitch"?
That's so mean, someone cozies up to you and you saying them to fuck off, jokes aside, any particular reason for this reaction?

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
That's so mean, someone cozies up to you and you saying them to fuck off, jokes aside, any particular reason for this reaction?
Their backstory. She has thrown him under the bus in the past and acted like a complete bitch for years. I don't see why she shouldn't be getting the same treatment from him. In relationships you take what you give. Can't expect support when she has done the exact opposite.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If we get that option probably won't be for an update or 2 id imagine. While I don't agree with reasoning by putting all the blame on her since the MC did the same in retaliation and that became their new dynamic just most of it is on her. But I dont think it would make sense to not make up with her or be kind to her with what happened in the last update. As only a Witcher with no emotions would ignore a family member in the situation like that. She even knows she fucked up and doesn't deserves the MC being kind to her at the end of the update. To me there was a few other times I thought she looked sad emotionally cause she knows she fucked up as well , like with Emily's backstory or when she was actually being nice and wholesome for once.

Reactions: MAD6999

tufstuff

Dec 5, 2023
She has thrown him under the bus in the past and acted like a complete bitch for years. I don't see why she shouldn't be getting the same treatment from him
She's already been getting the same treatment from MC for years. They do the same shit to each other and always have. From his perspective, she's always a bitch. From her perspective, he's always an asshole. But they both highlight the fiasco we saw in the flashback as the moment they became truly vicious.

When we get to jump into their story, there's now people like Ashley and Emily influencing both of them to not be so hateful. It's more about getting both of them to recognize they're both to blame (yes, MC is innocent in the Emelio/Nathan ordeal, but that's all) and to start healing from there.

I understand some people want to remain vindictive to Kayla, but I don't think that's what the story is supposed to be about. We can save that hated for someone who truly deserves it... *ahem*... Sierra :LOL:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
She's already been getting the same treatment from MC for years. They do the same shit to each other and always have. From his perspective, she's always a bitch. From her perspective, he's always an asshole. But they both highlight the fiasco we saw in the flashback as the moment they became truly vicious.

When we get to jump into their story, there's now people like Ashley and Emily influencing both of them to not be so hateful. It's more about getting both of them to recognize they're both to blame (yes, MC is innocent in the Emelio/Nathan ordeal, but that's all) and to start healing from there.

I understand some people want to remain vindictive to Kayla, but I don't think that's what the story is supposed to be about. We can save that hated for someone who truly deserves it... *ahem*... Sierra :LOL:
well said you put it in better words than me in my reply and yeah fuck Sierra even if I still want a path with her just to see how bad things can get lmfao for maximum chaos

Reactions: tufstuff

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016

Maybe not hate but definitely indifference. She was the one who fucked their relationship, he just followed through. Trying to present it like it's shared blame, is false equivalence. He was the reactive one. I don't see why he has to change it because she is the one who needs support now. When he was in her place, she stepped on him. Maybe some people consider saintly Samaritans to be good protagonists....I'm not one of them. It feels like being forced to play a dumbass. And in a story that's all about personal growth and stop being a doormat, it looks wrong.

Ask her if she wants to call the police, inform parents if she doesn't, then shit is out of your hands. Lock your fuckin door if you feel unsafe, not my problem. And maybe change your taste in men to something other than assholes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD6999

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Maybe not hate but definitely indifference. She was the one who fucked their relationship, he just followed through. Trying to present it like it's shared blame, is false equivalence. He was the reactive one. I don't see why he has to change it because she is the one who needs support now. When he was in her place, she stepped on him. Maybe some people consider saintly Samaritans to be good protagonists....I'm not one of them. It feels like being forced to play a dumbass. And in a story that's all about personal growth and stop being a doormat, it looks wrong.

Ask her if she wants to call the police, inform parents if she doesn't, then shit is out of your hands. Lock your fuckin door if you feel unsafe, not my problem. And maybe change your taste in men to something other than assholes.
This is a take i'll never understand as my personality seems to be the complete opposite of yours.

Sorry if this offends you but maybe this is my personality talking as im a very forgiving and understanding person this to me makes you sound like a Witcher that lacks compassion or emotions or at least someone that is overly harsh imo. Even someone I hate If they are family or used to be a friend to some degree I would find it hard not to feel for them and be caring to them at least for the night, right after something horrible happen. I dont see how that makes him a doormat at all.

Like I understand why one may dislike her cause yes she did fuck up in the past , and didn't show the MC same kindness right after something almost as bad happened and was being selfish and blaming him. But she has been showing she can change and she isn't the cold mean bitch that the MC sees. That and the MC is a good person even if Ashley and Emily weren't there to throughout the game to try to get him to change as well. I just dont see why the MC would want to continue the cycle after something horrible has happened be different if it was something small but what happened to her is something major. Letting her sleep in his bedroom isn't a big deal or favor to even ask it's not like she forced the issue , especially seeing how scared she is seems rather heartless to me to deny her. Which is why I dont think it would make any sense if we the players had the choice here to deny her maybe later sure. But it would feel out of character to me if he said no cause at the end of the day the MC is actually a good person.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
the situation with Kayla was fucked up when mc had no one back up his story. and apparently, Emily did know but didn't care enough to come forward with her knowledge. given her background, i can see why she couldn't be bothered much about it at the time. but still that is pretty fucked up to let some kid get beat nearly to death for the simple reason that the 2 assholes hated him. that is some next level bullying there. and i hate the term bullying to be honest, because it is usually applied for small reasons. but in this case, those 2 got him beaten severely and ruined his relationship with his sister as well as got him expelled. harsh. if i were in the mc's shoes, i would be wanting a bit of payback on those 2. and the thug ex bf of Kayla's would be on my hit list too. even if mc did give him a good beating with the rock. well deserved. but not enough.
as for Kayla, sure she is pretty shallow, but Ashley is having a good influence on her, esp if mc is romancing Ash. the next step in reconciliation should be coming from Kayla. Jay has already made the first attempt at moving forward. now it's Kayla's turn. with her date gone wrong, she is close to the mc now wanting him to protect her. and he promised he would. hopefully that will include mc beating the shit out of her date. or if she was raped as he suspects, then getting her to admit to her parents about it, and then. look out. lawyers will tear that guy a new asshole. just my idea for how i would do things there.
damn this game inspires me. wish i had the creative ability to make my own game. but sadly, i don't have the skills or the time..or the patience

Reactions: camube

korochan48

Nov 12, 2019
This is a take i'll never understand as my personality seems to be the complete opposite of yours.

Sorry if this offends you but maybe this is my personality talking as im a very forgiving and understanding person this to me makes you sound like a Witcher that lacks compassion or emotions or at least someone that is overly harsh imo. Even someone I hate If they are family or used to be a friend to some degree I would find it hard not to feel for them and be caring to them at least for the night, right after something horrible happen. I dont see how that makes him a doormat at all.

Like I understand why one may dislike her cause yes she did fuck up in the past , and didn't show the MC same kindness right after something almost as bad happened and was being selfish and blaming him. But she has been showing she can change and she isn't the cold mean bitch that the MC sees. That and the MC is a good person even if Ashley and Emily weren't there to throughout the game to try to get him to change as well. I just dont see why the MC would want to continue the cycle after something horrible has happened be different if it was something small but what happened to her is something major. Letting her sleep in his bedroom isn't a big deal or favor to even ask it's not like she forced the issue , especially seeing how scared she is seems rather heartless to me to deny her. Which is why I dont think it would make any sense if we the players had the choice here to deny her maybe later sure. But it would feel out of character to me if he said no cause at the end of the day the MC is actually a good person.
I use to hate my big brother when I was a kid/teen anything I do he always find a way to fuck me up. We always ends up fist fight each other ending up me always getting beat up. When we became adults my brother started family it all change we change and now we are closed friends now. We forgive at forgets that is part of growing up.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016

I've been told I'm "infuriatingly rational" so maybe you are right. In my book that's a compliment though.

I just think actions should have consequences. You reap what you sow. If you are mainly responsible for ruining a blood relationship, then you shouldn't expect it to suddenly become that when it serves you. That's not genuine remorse. That's just selfishness. "I need to have that relationship now for support, so let's just go back to it". How about no? Even the guilt part is inherently, self-serving. "Guilt is too much for me, I need forgiveness to feel better, let's make up". No practical benefit for the wronged party.

Also it's well documented that the closer a bond is, the hardest it breaks, if it does. You don't care if some rando doesn't have your back. When the ones who should have it, stab you in it, it can easily turn that relationship to the opposite.

That said, it's a good thing that there is discussion about their relationship. It means dev did a good job with the characters. Usually, when it comes to sisters in these games, the only discussion on here is when are they going to fuck...I just wish we weren't shoehorned into an obvious reconciliation route.

tufstuff

Dec 5, 2023
I've been told I'm "infuriatingly rational" so maybe you are right. In my book that's a compliment though.

I just think actions should have consequences. You reap what you sow. If you are mainly responsible for ruining a blood relationship, then you shouldn't expect it to suddenly become that when it serves you. That's not genuine remorse. That's just selfishness. "I need to have that relationship now for support, so let's just go back to it". How about no? Even the guilt part is inherently, self-serving. "Guilt is too much for me, I need forgiveness to feel better, let's make up". No practical benefit for the wronged party.

Also it's well documented that the closer a bond is, the hardest it breaks, if it does. You don't care if some rando doesn't have your back. When the ones who should have it, stab you in it, it can easily turn that relationship to the opposite.

That said, it's a good thing that there is discussion about their relationship. It means dev did a good job with the characters. Usually, when it comes to sisters in these games, the only discussion on here is when are they going to fuck...I just wish we weren't shoehorned into an obvious reconciliation route.
I love your response to this. We've all had different life experiences and we won't see these topics through the same lens. We have our limits for compassion and empathy, and it just appears that your path has taught you not to give as much leeway at the MC is showing.

I thought more on this and I'm starting to lean that the MC isn't being nice to Kayla in this moment only for her, but moreso for Ashley and Emily. These are the first two people that have shown to be good friends to both MC and Kayla simultaneously. Maybe showing a little kindness here is just a way of respecting his relationships with Ashley and Emily.

Reactions: AL.d

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Wow,this game is much better than I expected! Emily's model is definitely not my type but the story amends it. Also, though I'm a cheating-lover I don wanna corrupt Jess to make mike hurt.
If I didn't find Mark so annoying id be there with ya, cause he isnt a bad friend really he just messes up alot lol. That and I get the feeling if he could he probably would cheat on Jess with how often he says don't tell Jess when talking about other women lol.

Reactions: Logan3000x

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
cause he isnt a bad friend really he just messes up alot lol.
Not sure I remember these times you're talking about. But then again you probably have a very forgiving and understanding personality unlike many Witcher-like people so maybe you're more attuned to nuance than myself.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes