Nov 19, 2021
I think the whole point of this situation is to show that the M/C doesn't give into the darker drive inside him. That's why you have characters like Evelyn telling him that he isn't the Chimera. And why you see the regret that the Chimera has. The dude WANTS to die, and he wants the M/C to kill him.

This is basically like the Empire Strikes Back part of the story. We'll get to fuck happy, fluffy bears again after this arc.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
I think the whole point of this situation is to show that the M/C doesn't give into the darker drive inside him. That's why you have characters like Evelyn telling him that he isn't the Chimera. And why you see the regret that the Chimera has. The dude WANTS to die, and he wants the M/C to kill him.

This is basically like the Empire Strikes Back part of the story. We'll get to fuck happy, fluffy bears again after this arc.
This arc should have ended in the part 1, this whole "father arc" is useless.
A character that the dev didn't give any hints at, that never appeared in the story suddenly becoming a worse antagonist than the Chimera is totally stupid.

Dursti

Nov 29, 2018
man, i was already unhappy with the ending to season 1 and now with 1.2 being out, i just really dont enjoy where this story is going. i loved the first season until the ending, but the start of season 2 just feels bloated, overloaded and wannabe edgy. i will wait for some updates and see how the story unfolds, but in the moment i really dont like the direction, which is a shame

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Yeah likely, but leaving people hanging with a miserable experience (I mean on the emotional side, NOT that the game itself is miserable) for months or years even is not a good strategy to have them enjoy it. Drama is nice when it also is resolved, especially after people learned to like the game during lovey-dovey season 1. Eventually, those expectations clash and crash.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
After playing this release now, I'm glad to see some more of the 'suicide scene' and the fact, that MC himself saved Iris. But regarding my doubts, my points from my last post back in February still stand. Some 'plot twists' feel just like adding drama for the sake of drama. And I'm honestly not a big fan of that. I will wait and take a look at the next two releases. If this dark MC arc doesn't get any positive scenes soon, I will drop the game. There is already enough drama out there, no need for additional in AVN.

Mar 27, 2021
After playing this release now, I'm glad to see some more of the 'suicide scene' and the fact, that MC himself saved Iris. But regarding my doubts, my points from my last post back in February still stand. Some 'plot twists' feel just like adding drama for the sake of drama. And I'm honestly not a big fan of that. I will wait and take a look at the next two releases. If this dark MC arc doesn't get any positive scenes soon, I will drop the game. There is already enough drama out there, no need for additional in AVN.
I mean, it's a fictional story. What's wrong with creative story telling that may or may not indulge in some occasional drama at some point in said story? To tell a proper story tory requires conflict, and sometimes that conflict creates a little drama along the way. It's 101 stuff.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I mean, it's a fictional story. What's wrong with creative story telling that may or may not indulge in some occasional drama at some point in said story? To tell a proper story tory requires conflict, and sometimes that conflict creates a little drama along the way. It's 101 stuff.
But then there is drama just for the sake of drama, that not even fits the previous plot and makes the story something completely different. Some of the drama here, is exactly that.

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
Huh, a lot of people are complaining about the dark MC arc but in context, I feel like this entire thing makes a lot of sense if anything the thing that annoys me the most about all of this is the fact that the best friend is acting up more than necessary considering she isn't the only one affected, she says that they shouldn't make it about her but that's legit all she does so far in this part. I like the pace so far and the story telling is alright my only gripe is the best friend having an overexaggerated sense of melodrama that is hurting every other character in the process.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Looks very interesting

Mar 26, 2022
Am I the only one who doesn't like these cliffhangers? Putting scenes from the distant future (upcoming chapters) in their place is incredibly annoying. It unnecessarily builds tension, which then leads to disappointment anyway, because continuation of these events will not happen any time soon. I was really looking forward to this episode after the way the previous one had ended, and finally after playing it, "disappointment" is probably the mildest term I could use to describe it. Still, I'm not gonna stop supporting Syko or playing this game overall. I know he has some issues lately and I wish him well.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Before I start this game, can someone please show me the mom character
She's been introduced somewhere early to mid stages of the first game. But scenes regarding to her only started on the 2nd game. So you can go see the 2nd one if you want to see what she is like, that one is still lightweight so you can easily download it.

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes