Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

[Billing Cycle Paused] Progress Report #2: v1.2
First week of April? Nah, that can't be right. I'm pretty sure I said first week of May. You must have misheard me or somethin.
Nah, it's okay. Don't worry, we're cool. Everyone makes mistakes.

...okay fine, I'm sorry.
I can't even explain why I didn't finish it on time, because... well, there is no reason. I'm just burnt out.
There's just too much going on in my life right now, so even when I do have the time to work, I've mostly found myself unable to even get on the PC. I think my mental health might have taken a hit or something. I can't really tell what it is either.
I usually pause billing cycles on months when I don't work at all, but... well, it's already been 2 months since the last update, and the third one is just about to start, so it would be unfair to let you guys get charged for nothing. So... yeah. The billing cycle has been paused. You guys won't be charged this month.
Rest assured though, the game is not, and will not be abandoned. I have been working on it, it's just that my pace has been less than ideal.
I've decided to take it easy for some time. I'm not taking a break, but I won't be rushing to meet the deadline either. I'll put the update out as soon as it's done. If it isn't done this month either, I'll make sure to pause the next billing cycle too. So... the ETA of the update is currently unknown.
Also, I would like to sincerely apologize for the radio silence not only for the past few months, but for a longer period before that.
I can't thank every single one of you enough for being here, and I really do want to interact with you guys more often. I've just... not been able to, for some reason. I can't even bring myself to check patreon messages. Hell, I even procrastinated writing this post for as long as I possibly could, for absolutely no reason at all.
I know that's not cool, so I'm really, really, REALLY sorry.
I really do want to get back to how things used to be. When I had the energy to interact with you guys, and put updates out (somewhat) consistently. I'm really hoping this 'break' helps me get there. If it doesn't, I'll keep trying different approaches. But I will be back. No matter what.
Until then, like you always have been, please continue being patient with me. I really do appreciate it.
Thank you.
See ya soon!

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just finished Part 1. I absolutely loved it. I'm really worried about Part 2 though, 1 was plenty dark enough, and from the preview 2 is going to get way way darker and not nearly as balanced ,cheery, and hopeful as 1.

Also, for an unoffical incest patch, it feels incredibly natural, can't imagine it being any other way

Mar 26, 2022
Just finished Part 1. I absolutely loved it. I'm really worried about Part 2 though, 1 was plenty dark enough, and from the preview 2 is going to get way way darker and not nearly as balanced ,cheery, and hopeful as 1.

Also, for an unoffical incest patch, it feels incredibly natural, can't imagine it being any other way
Well, syko warned us that the story would take a darker tone at some point. No need to worry, because the change in the tone of the story will probably be temporary.

Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well, syko warned us that the story would take a darker tone at some point. No need to worry, because the change in the tone of the story will probably be temporary.
Oh I saw the warning on the OP before I started, but getting into the game late it's impossible to know when that warning applies. Not to mention, as I said in my comment, Part 1 is plenty dark by itself.

I'm hoping that a lot of what's shown in the preview at the end of Part 1 is a fake out for us the players, that not everything is as it appears. I'm putting off playing what's out of Part 2 out of fear that things are as bad as they look or worse. Don't want to get my heart broken

Wixko

Apr 15, 2019
so... i'm seeing that there are two parts to download should i download version 1.0.0 and then load my save to 1.1?

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
so... i'm seeing that there are two parts to download should i download version 1.0.0 and then load my save to 1.1?
Yes download 1.0.0 it should tell you exactly when to save at the end to make sure there are no issues and then load that save on 1.1.

Reactions: Wixko

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
TroubleInParadise-1.2P2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
i wonder how far game have to "progress further" till we get even single fucking story choice, around the ending? it's season 2 already and so far there were literally nothing, just picking side girls for the harem
now we have to deal with evil MC (who gone evil without any player input) 8 month later, on what i expect would be some tragic redemption arc filled with heartbroken crying LIs and emotional pseudophilosophical dialogues about morals...
part 1 had some potential, but now it's all gone down to a forced drama for the sake of drama, it's not "taking dark turn" anymore, it's just bs for the hell of it
Which is why I tapped out. This is a kinetic novel that's trying to pass itself of as one that's not. When your only choices are who you stick your dick in, but none matter to the story, it's kinetic. Unfortunately, despite my liking this in the beginning, it's now in my ignore list. So any reply to this will be lost to the aether.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
I really don't like the MC now and even less where the story is going. I will probably wait for better updates, if don't get better i'll drop that shit and stop supporting on patreon.
I didn't choose for the MC to be a jerk and much less for him to treat Iris like garbage.

Jul 31, 2021
Well, at least there's an update available. However, for the time being, I doubt I'll be immersing myself in it again, as I'm not particularly fond of the current direction this newer arc is taking. Once most of the darker clouds are ready to disperse, I'll gladly return. Cheers.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
I didn't choose for the MC to be a jerk and much less for him to treat Iris like garbage.
Yeah I think exactly this is the root problem people currently have myself included. All this talk about choices and kn vs vn and that is fine and dandy, but I think what throws most people off is just having the protagonist (who is maybe not a self insert for the player but to some extent an immersive vessel) transform from a likeable dunce to an absolute arsehole, be his motivations as they may. Especially when it absolutely destroys an LI that is the most liked. In the end, the actions of the characters are what produce stories not their motivations.

I hope Syko can remedy this ASAP and do some course correction before people check out. The situation IMHO is still salvageable if that whole "misguided-immoral MC" arc is completely resolved in the next 1-2 updates. Might be a drastic pacing shift, but still better than to be stubborn I think.

4.30 star(s) 59 Votes