VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Ok guys,

there will be changes.
Smaller story based as well as some in the writing style and the script.
We aim to improve the flow of reading, to clean up old errors and to bring the first in-game days up to the level of the later days, whereby those will be also revised again.

We have several different ideas to accomplish this goal, but how exactly those will turn out and which of them will be implemented is still open.

We discuss this in the team and then we'll see which way is the best to go.

We have to take into account that besides the unfortunate side effect that old savegames due to the major script changes will no longer work, the changes we are considering mean an incredible shitload of work.

For you this means that you will have to wait longer than usual for the next update 0.0.21 (we hope it will only be a month) and that you have to start all over again.

But in return you get, in addition to changes in the Mary/Sienna story, which is admittedly unfortunate in writing and originally wasn't planned like this, improved text and revised renderings of the earlier days.

We will keep you up to date

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
So here a few news.

Day1 rework is finished.
Day2 rework is on the last steps to get finished, The englishtext is already reworked and proofreaded.
----- rerendering is WIP (over 130 renders are finished + a few animmations are added (over 100 renders).

Here somethiing to look at, the 1st one is the old one the 2nd one is the new one.

View attachment day2_mary_home1.webp day2_mary_home1.png View attachment day2_derplan_5.webp day2_derplan_5.png

There are a lot more.
Have a nice weekend Blackthunder

Feb 17, 2022
Really like the setup of the game but man the translation is rough. I want to enjoy it so bad but I just can't get into it the story when I have to translate the translation to get the "gist" of what is being said.

I hope there is a marked improvement in the following updates and will check the changelog to see when the reworks are done. Good luck!

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
TheSmoothCriminal
Yeah it was rough but we are on it the complete game will have will have the same quality as day6 & 7.
From Day1 to the end of day3 there where 7 different translators/proofreaders native english speaking ones at work.
From Day6 on we have a fixed Team with 2 native english speaking translators/proofreaders since you have played already you have noticed.

The next Version only goes for down load if all is 100% finished.

Feb 17, 2022
TheSmoothCriminal
Yeah it was rough but we are on it the complete game will have will have the same quality as day6 & 7.
From Day1 to the end of day3 there where 7 different translators/proofreaders native english speaking ones at work.
From Day6 on we have a fixed Team with 2 native english speaking translators/proofreaders since you have played already you have noticed.

The next Version only goes for down load if all is 100% finished.
Awesome! Can't wait for the new update then. (y)

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
d_pedestrian nothing with next year, planned to finish it including day8 is september. I only want for Troubled Legacy and its players that it is a good game with good quality, nothing more and nothing less. I leaned a lot since I make TL renpy wise and on Daz Studio, at the moment there are a few thing that are pinching me and some players.

The Team and me had a talk and since we dont want you and the other players that you have to start a new game to often, we make the decision, that we do it now, we have 2 new languages ingame with the next update so I have to change the script for the languages since I have Pics they change with the language.

Now I can add languages as I want and you dont have to start a new game, before this was not possible.

To your year, nope I'm german and if I set a date this date will be reached. If I have to work 24/7 on it or not.
For me september is the point where 0.0.21 is finished inclusive all of its reworks.

Blackthunder

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
d_pedestrian nothing with next year, planned to finish it including day8 is september. I only want for Troubled Legacy and its players that it is a good game with good quality, nothing more and nothing less. I leaned a lot since I make TL renpy wise and on Daz Studio, at the moment there are a few thing that are pinching me and some players.

The Team and me had a talk and since we dont want you and the other players that you have to start a new game to often, we make the decision, that we do it now, we have 2 new languages ingame with the next update so I have to change the script for the languages since I have Pics they change with the language.

Now I can add languages as I want and you dont have to start a new game, before this was not possible.

To your year, nope I'm german and if I set a date this date will be reached. If I have to work 24/7 on it or not.
For me september is the point where 0.0.21 is finished inclusive all of its reworks.

Blackthunder
By next year i meant I'll try this game when it gets completed. I really appreciate all the work you do but it's not easy to play the whole game again. If I don't play it again I'll miss out all the new contents added. Once it gets completed there will be no changes and I can play the final product. Best of luck for your game.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
d_pedestrian

Oh, okay but I think with next year and finished you are wrong too, If all what I have planned is ingame we talk about + around 5 years to finish I have already over 60 chars ingame and thats not the end.

Blackthunder

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: EJW

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
estrada777
We have some problems with your android port.
For one user, the game suddenly crashes during an animation on day 7 but i can't reproduce his error.

Any idea what it could be?

Hardware memory problem?

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
estrada777
We have some problems with your android port.
For one user, the game suddenly crashes during an animation on day 7 but i can't reproduce his error.

Any idea what it could be?

Hardware memory problem?
As always a log file would help a lot. There is a certain kind of GPU that some cheaper phones use that is known to have issues playing some media like this. PowerVR I think is what it's called. I can't fix that.

Reactions: Spatenklopper

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Just noticed that there is no compressed version here.

Original size: 1,52 GB
Compressed: 446 MB
Quality @ 80%

Download:

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
So It is time for a new Progress Status update.

Progress 0-0-21 day8.png

Progress rework 2022.png

A lot happend, Spatenklopper was unable to so something on the translation and last proofreading for over 6 weeks, and he is very busy on his own till at least end of the Year.

Which brought a delay in the timeline, for 0.0.21, but my thinking is if someone of the Team needs time for him self, he has to take it.

Better some delay as someone of my very good team ends his work on Troubled Legacy.

The planned Releasedate is near but it will be a landing on the last minute.

We have made big steps forward with the rework and sure day8.

So stay tuned

Blackthunder

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes