Unity True Facials [v0.5 Pro] [HenryTaiwan]

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

defp

May 13, 2018
What are these .tfa files in the mods folder? They seem to be more than just model files.

shadowbane456

Dec 2, 2018
Kinda too bad experienced Devs could not just make a game/program like this where you could just import rigged models from all the various formats and have your way with them. Obviously, it is not as easy as it sounds, otherwise it would have been done already, but it would certainly be welcomed.

Reactions: Arda64 and defp

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
already discussed.. the problem is Unity
Unless the dev gives away an open code, modding/importing seems impossible
sorry :cry:

defp

May 13, 2018
I tried creating a modded .tfa which the game does appropriately detect, but when loading it there seems to be some kind of menu options problem. The model is rendering at least in part (I assume since my GPU was clearly heating up), but there's nothing visible except black (after a brief menu view). As it turns out, if you simply change the name of any of the mod character files the exact same thing happens. Somewhere there's a table or listing of character files or settings for those files which needs to be correctly pointed to specific file names.

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I tried creating a modded .tfa which the game does appropriately detect, but when loading it there seems to be some kind of menu options problem. The model is rendering at least in part (I assume since my GPU was clearly heating up), but there's nothing visible except black (after a brief menu view). As it turns out, if you simply change the name of any of the mod character files the exact same thing happens. Somewhere there's a table or listing of character files or settings for those files which needs to be correctly pointed to specific file names.
Good effort, keep up

Just consider that, the way the update packages were distributed (w/o updating the game core) suggest that there might be a mastercode valid for all models to be recognised/access shared assets, or just a loading order code, but embended in the models themself.
For what regards the problem with the changed name it could be a redoundancy check within the model itself (a script that associates the name to the assets to load or to another denomination), most game have that.

Unless obviously the dev had prepared the game for this amount of chars and just took his time to pack them....

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 43 Votes