Jan 18, 2018
It would be nice if BaiBai also include more content on the "older" version of the MC, like waking up on his older self and finding out that the future is changing because of the choices he is making in the past , like "Back to the Future" kind of time travel perspective.

Like, he wakes up and find out he's rich and have a harem on his mansion and he's not bald or fat anymore, but something is wrong and when he goes to sleep again he knows he got to do something different this time in his younger self.

Just food for thought. The game is already great so far.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
Faster updates = greater chance of burnout and writing decline

That's why I think it's better for devs to do things at their own pace.
That is why I explicitly wrote smaller, not faster.
Developer will hopefully choose his own pace, but a smaller update is more manageable and in Baibai's case, where he works in stages: script, maps, scenes, translation, final testing - a big update will exhaust the developer and make him rush. Baibai said he dislikes translation phase the most, probably procrastination kicks in at that stage.

Reactions: Gojii

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
My goodness, this is my 1st time being to engross in a story from a hentai game. Bravo my good sir.

I have to ask the people here, is there any other similar game with such great plot and visual for me to play in the mean time?
Would be interested as well. But I'm not aware of any such game.
There are a lot of second-chance-copium manhwa comics I liked in the past though, you might try that.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
That's your point of view about it being a "lie". Peoples can have a different way of thinking than you do, and many other creators prove you wrong as some prove you right. It doesn't depend on what people say, but more on the motivation of the creator.

That would be true if the DEV does a 30 minutes low quality update after a longtime. But if the quality and quantity is there, I don't see why people should drop support. I personnaly better like to wait something like 3 to 6 months and having a 2 to 3 hours content in an update than smalls updates. I usually drop interest on small updates, let the game aside for a while then one day comeback to it.

All that said, I really ejoyed the game. Keep the good work !!!
If you are fine with 3-6 months in between releases how do you remember the details of the game? Are you at all interested in the plot then or just wanking off? Are you replaying the game from start to finish each time?

For me personally it is not acceptable to wait for 3-4 months, because so much shit happens in my life that it simply erases the plot of the game, and I only have time to play for 1-2 hours a week so replay is also usually out of quesion (especially if the skip functionality is not working / missing).

Reactions: Perv_Old_Robot

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
If you are fine with 3-6 months in between releases how do you remember the details of the game? Are you at all interested in the plot then or just wanking off? Are you replaying the game from start to finish each time?

For me personally it is not acceptable to wait for 3-4 months, because so much shit happens in my life that it simply erases the plot of the game, and I only have time to play for 1-2 hours a week so replay is also usually out of quesion (especially if the skip functionality is not working / missing).
If you have this bad of a memory for entertainment products, I would recommend to stop playing unfinished games.
The cast in this game isn't terribly large, so I don't have the slightest problem remembering them and what happened to them.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
That is why I explicitly wrote smaller, not faster.
Developer will hopefully choose his own pace, but a smaller update is more manageable and in Baibai's case, where he works in stages: script, maps, scenes, translation, final testing - a big update will exhaust the developer and make him rush. Baibai said he dislikes translation phase the most, probably procrastination kicks in at that stage.
As a dev myself, I don't...agree. The "1 update per month" standard that gets pushed is what causes devs to rush and over-exhaust themselves in my opinion, and it has an impact on the pacing of the story as well.

For example, you're not going to end your new update in the middle of a scene or a line of dialogue. Most the time, you'll try to make it so things have wrapped up in some tidy fashion; either a cliffhanger, or a lovely moment, or the end of the day, etc. This means if you're 80% done with your scene but you're 90% of the way to your deadline, you'll rush. If you've been holding to a short update cycle, you don't want to break that. If you've been holding to a longer one, then what's one or two more weeks, really?
Furthermore, if something in that update is unpolished on release, the dev doesn't want to spend much time going back and fixing it because they need to get started on the next scene pronto since they only got a month till it's "due."

Now, I know you didn't say he should do exactly 1 update per month, but my point is that longer updates allow for more freedom in how scenes can be blocked out and handled. It can be taken too far, yes, but 3-5 months is great imo.

I also think BaiBai is being way, way too hard on himself, and that's why some of us feel inclined to tell him to take all the time he needs. I think a certain amount of pressure (or rather, enthusiasm) is healthy for a dev, but I think he's got enough of that currently.

All of that said, it depends on the person/workflow, and you could be right that BaiBai might enjoy a somewhat shorter update cycle. But I think it's more important to "pressure" him to do what he feels comfortable doing above all else.

---

To be honest, once the new update's out, my plan is to start the game over and just skip through most the text, stopping at areas that don't seem familiar (I also wanna get a different corruption/love ratio with certain LI's now that I understand how it works). But overall, yeah, I remember the story surprisingly well without having read it in months.
To be fair, I'm not limited to 1-2 hours of reading per week, so that might be a factor for you.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
If you have this bad of a memory for entertainment products, I would recommend to stop playing unfinished games.
The cast in this game isn't terribly large, so I don't have the slightest problem remembering them and what happened to them.
Sure, I have "this bad of a memory" if I don't remember things like: "what is that Alyvia was unhappy about her relationship with her boyfriend", "what is the age of the mother again", "what did they have planned for the date coming in two days". It's either my memory is shit or you don't have a life.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
To be honest, once the new update's out, my plan is to start the game over and just skip through most the text, stopping at areas that don't seem familiar (I also wanna get a different corruption/love ratio with certain LI's now that I understand how it works). But overall, yeah, I remember the story surprisingly well without having read it in months.
To be fair, I'm not limited to 1-2 hours of reading per week, so that might be a factor for you.
As a systems engineer and web dev myself, I know how perfectionism works and that work tends to expand ad infinitum for some of us and I appreciate motivating soft deadlines and external motivation.

But understood, you are replaying the game. I usually do not have the time to do that. So I will stick to advocating for 2 month long release cycles.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya2022
Mar 26, 2022
Or just take short notes. Describing the characters and all the events, or at least these more important to the main plot. I do that myself and have no problems remembering everything, even when the last update for particular game was looong time ago. Twisted Memories is not a content-rich game with multiple paths (I'm not saying this is a bad thing, on the contrary), which makes it way even easier to take notes or replay the whole.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
As a systems engineer and web dev myself, I know how perfectionism works and that work tends to expand ad infinitum for some of us and I appreciate motivating soft deadlines and external motivation.

But understood, you are replaying the game. I usually do not have the time to do that. So I will stick to advocating for 2 month long release cycles.
I do think 2 months realease cycles fits this game pretty well. The important thing is about covering important parts or whole arcs and not leaving you hanging. Superhuman, OoT, and maybe even stray incubus do it pretty well in the update/content department.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Sure, I have "this bad of a memory" if I don't remember things like: "what is that Alyvia was unhappy about her relationship with her boyfriend", "what is the age of the mother again", "what did they have planned for the date coming in two days". It's either my memory is shit or you don't have a life.
Ok, but ... who gives a shit? I am not kidding, why do you think that those are vital pieces of information that you would need to remember for the next update.
Whatever Alyvia is angry with her boyfriend about, if it ever becomes important again, it will surely be mentioned in the dialogue.
Who cares how old exactly the mother is? It's a nice piece of worldbuilding, but why would you need that information while playing.
And whatever they planned for a date, either it comes up in the dialogue again or you will just find out ... when they have the date.

The true important pieces of information would be something like: "Why is mc worried about his mothers work", "Why does Viktoria hate the mc". And information like that comes up often enough in the story of the game and is pronounced enough that it is also very easy to remember.

Reactions: EtheriasD

chunkee

Nov 7, 2021
I really hope I and a few other supporters of Baibai will convince him to release smaller updates. There are a few idiot white-knight supporters who say "take as much time as you want", but only a few.
With Baibai it doesnt even matter tbh, he updates us the same day every week. Thats super good coming from a game dev of these types of games. There's some game devs that i follow that dont even bother to do what he does. The way Baibai is structuring the game were the different paths actually have different scenes instead of just text rewrites shows that hes dedicated. If he could do small updates that would satisfy people thats great. But the large updates are welcome with how high quality his work is.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023

yeah 2 to 3 months or 100 days around , what matter the most is that dead developer dont burn himself out , and left us T.T

so one way or another, it should be what he feels better doing be small ones or biggers ones.. and more mom pleaseee. and that teacher.....

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019

I just need to go back 2/3 lines before where I saved then and all come back to me. I am not into just good to wank off games, there is free online services for that ^^

For me nothing good comes fast, and those games need writing, making animations, rendering, re-rendering because it didn't feel right then some development. Bringing a good story, moving people mind and heart, with the right rendering, animations and good balance betweenstory, sexy, hot and lewd is not a short process. The creators making good games are a one man army and I have huge respect for them.

What I feel is not acceptable is that people can think that taking time to make something good is not acceptable.

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes