david123

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I agree. Snats does everything perfect but he lacks in coding. It would make things lot easier if he hire a programmer.
What coding? You guys do realize renpy "coding" really isnt that hard. I wouldn't even call it coding.
He really doesnt need to hire a "programmer". That would be a waste of money and time - plus the overhead of knowledge transfer and communication will slow it down even more. The game really isnt that sophisticated to require a dedicated "programmer". And I dont think renpy scripting is whats making the update take forever.

Doroheroro

Feb 9, 2021
What coding? You guys do realize renpy "coding" really isnt that hard. I wouldn't even call it coding.
He really doesnt need to hire a "programmer". That would be a waste of money and time - plus the overhead of knowledge transfer and communication will slow it down even more. The game really isnt that sophisticated to require a dedicated "programmer". And I dont think renpy scripting is whats making the update take forever.
Everything so far points out that the reason the update isn't released right now is bc how much code he needs to write. That just means the update will have that much new content but we will see only at release if all this wait was justifiable.

Reactions: kemik765
Sep 5, 2020
Everything so far points out that the reason the update isn't released right now is bc how much code he needs to write. That just means the update will have that much new content but we will see only at release if all this wait was justifiable.
WASNT THE LAST UPDATE 4 month wait time and it had 4 scene and added the open world.

Doroheroro

Feb 9, 2021
WASNT THE LAST UPDATE 4 month wait time and it had 4 scene and added the open world.
If by open world you mean we could finally exit our apartment then yes you are correct. BECAUSE HE DECIDED TO JUST NOT IMPLEMENT MORE THAN HALF OF THE ANIMATIONS HE DID DURING THOSE MONTHS SO HE CAN HAVE JUMP START IN RELEASING MONTHLY UPDATES (As he said). That didn't age well. What's annoying is that that content will also not be implemented in this update.

edscorp

Jun 19, 2017
You forgot to mention, that this update is the biggest ever made so far, it's checking everything so there are no errors.

Dsan

Sep 30, 2018
The sanest take in this thread

Buttman20

Aug 15, 2018
If renpy "coding" really isn't that hard then why he is coding the game for over a month now?
It should be a piece of cake right. Then what happened? Is he milking his supporters? Now he is not even working on sandbox. He want to release Android Vn version first. I dont know what to believe now. Either you are very smart or snats is very dumb guy.

Theresnoname

May 9, 2019
Or maybe just maybe Snats is smart since he realized he can milk his supportes for more than half a year without releasing anything ?
u jumped to the conclousion so quickly. lets wait for 12th of this month and see if he is scammer or not

furry34

Feb 24, 2019
It would be a shame if Snats experienced another hard drive failure after doing all that work. I hope he made backups.

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
If renpy "coding" really isn't that hard then why he is coding the game for over a month now?
It should be a piece of cake right. Then what happened? Is he milking his supporters? Now he is not even working on sandbox. He want to release Android Vn version first. I dont know what to believe now. Either you are very smart or snats is very dumb guy.
it's called EA style gaming, you work your ass off on a new good IP that everyone likes, once people are hooked you do as little work as possible, then you keep waiting until your fans start to lose it, and then you release something you worked on for like a week or a month at most. it's how Genshin impact works basically, game made 3 billion dollars yet releases the same garbage content that could have been made in maybe 2 weeks, every 6 months XD and everything else is just filler no one cares about other than the "here's money give me a new loli waifu" people.

Patreon doesn't give a fuck about anyone, if the platform didn't allow devs to fuck people over, the world would be a better place. any Dev who has a subscription must deny any money while not working on the game, that is how it should work. sadly if we look at Pure Onyx for example, we got more and more men who turned simps over the years. so they keep paying money, fucking themselves over and us, because the game is never being worked on proprly because why would any Dev do any work? it's free money LOL

you know why Harry potter was so good? because the author knew if the book fails she's gonna be living in the streets. and this is how all game Devs should treat their games. either you go work at mcdonalds or you risk your life on the game.

main-qimg-aa1bb955d991a5a71da862971d9444fb-lq.jpg

Doroheroro

Feb 9, 2021
it's called EA style gaming, you work your ass off on a new good IP that everyone likes, once people are hooked you do as little work as possible, then you keep waiting until your fans start to lose it, and then you release something you worked on for like a week or a month at most. it's how Genshin impact works basically, game made 3 billion dollars yet releases the same garbage content that could have been made in maybe 2 weeks, every 6 months XD and everything else is just filler no one cares about other than the "here's money give me a new loli waifu" people.

Patreon doesn't give a fuck about anyone, if the platform didn't allow devs to fuck people over, the world would be a better place. any Dev who has a subscription must deny any money while not working on the game, that is how it should work. sadly if we look at Pure Onyx for example, we got more and more men who turned simps over the years. so they keep paying money, fucking themselves over and us, because the game is never being worked on proprly because why would any Dev do any work? it's free money LOL

you know why Harry potter was so good? because the author knew if the book fails she's gonna be living in the streets. and this is how all game Devs should treat their games. either you go work at mcdonalds or you risk your life on the game.

View attachment 1911148
Looks like someone was traumatized in the past...

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Not trying to add to the fire, here, as I see we’re all fighting about it already but any news on what he’s up to lately? Anything on his discord?

Doroheroro

Feb 9, 2021
Not trying to add to the fire, here, as I see we’re all fighting about it already but any news on what he’s up to lately? Anything on his discord?
He told that the only thing left to do is to implement the text in the game. That being said, judging from the pace at which things are going it may take a a couple more days even a week. (from what they discussed on a channel there are 370 A4 pages worth of text)

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes